It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 Commission Senior Counsel: Report is a lie

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
probably to cover up embarrassing responses and preparations irresponsible to the point of stupidity --

Funny how the government only seemed to be irresponsible that day.

nor do we believe that the government had any advance notice of it.

Several foreign and domestic intelligence agencies warned the governmnt that something was going to happen involving hijackings.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by REMISNE]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by de_Genova

That's certainly not an "indisputable fact".

In fact, it's widely disputed.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Here's the reality of what Farmer says:

Al Qaeda was behind 9/11.

They hijacked planes and flew them into buildings.

That caused some of the buildings to collapse.

There was no government conspiracy behind 9/11.

The 9/11 told the truth as best they could with the resources they had.

The Pentagon and the FAA and NORAD lied to the 9/11 Commission to cover up their incompetence and failures, which allowed the damage down by terrorists to be as great as it was.

--

Nothing about an inside job, nothing about BushCo. being involved, nothing about explosives, nothing about missiles...

in fact he claims that the official story, aside from a few covered-up bits of incompetence, is true.

You Truthers on here that claim he's on your side have:

* Obviously not read his book
* Look more foolish than ever.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Allright-o.Let's ASSume that this is an issue of ONLY covering up of incompetence.
No conspiracy to let it happen or make it happen.(Bear with me here.I know how hard this is to swallow,makes me barf a little just saying it.)Sheer confusion and incompetence,nothing more.

So who got fired or demoted or fined or jailed or at least mentioned over this gross negligence,hey?

Biggest security "..." in history,alot of FUBAR input.From hourly employee screeners to top brass officials,all together now,PLOTZ.People get fired over a lotta trivial stuff,I hear.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by trueforger]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

A little bit of knowledge can be an embarrassing thing.

He also implies prior knowledge, Ole Georgey knew about it.

And LET IT HAPPEN

George is as guilty as if he was piloting a plane.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight
Here's the reality of what Farmer says:

Al Qaeda was behind 9/11.

There was no government conspiracy behind 9/11.

The 9/11 told the truth as best they could with the resources they had.

The Pentagon and the FAA and NORAD lied to the 9/11 Commission to cover up their incompetence and failures, which allowed the damage down by terrorists to be as great as it was.

I can agree with all the above except:

If lawyers like the one who wrote the book were allowed to build anything -- it wouldn't work. Neither could he be trusted to evaluate whether buildings could have been downed by the planes.

Controlled demolition couldn't have been used.

It was impossible for three buildings to perfectly implode, and lots of other things that happened were impossible.

THE COLLAPSE WAS AN ACT OF GOOD -- Impossible is what God does routinely.

[snip]

Removed link tp personal blog

[edit on 16/1/10 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Implies...thinks it is ...may be...I feel....I think....It means...These are all ways to take something and make it fit your story.

The OP read neither the book nor the report and I can safely say that none of the rest of you have. I did. I read them both. They are actually good reads. It lets you know that the government was in such a pissing contest during the transfer of power that alot of things were missed, overlooked and not investigated further. ABLE DANGER is the one alot of conspiracy folks love to look at but nothing solid. It is a good story though but in the end was it bureaucracy, miss identification or a man's want for the spotlight.

This however does not imply prior knowledge. Clinton knew that AQ wanted to hit the US and they hit the USS Cole. Does this mean that Clinton had prior knowledge, no, but he had the facts which is the same as Bush.

The 9/11 Commission, just like NIST, was not handling a criminal investigation they were trying to determine HOW a 9/11 would not happen again. They were even provided MORE time and money from Bush. Would you do that if you were trying to keep secrets?

I welcome another investigation at the cost of the pilotsfortruth or maybe the Whole truth movement. If there are so many people out there that want another investigation, ask those billions of people you quote who KNOW the OS is crap and have them each donate a dollar. You should have more than enough money to then start a new investigation. Then the rest of us can sit back and laugh and watch you piss away money on something that has already been proven in numerous books and investigations.

The report is not a lie, there are just things that he wished he could have wrapped up that were not. There is a big difference

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
How anyone can think the commission report is a good read when it is mind numbingly boring,uh,er,I guess that sort of answers itself.Stand down,freefall,put options.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71 ABLE DANGER is the one alot of conspiracy folks love to look at but nothing solid.Does this mean that Clinton had prior knowledge, no, but he had the facts which is the same as Bush.

I welcome another investigation at the cost of the pilotsfortruth or maybe the Whole truth movement. If there are so many people out there that want another investigation, ask those billions of people you quote who KNOW the OS is crap and have them each donate a dollar.

ABLE DANGER was a lot more than you just "brushed" off.

It was a fact finding operation on Terrorist activities in the US. And these guys DID there jobs. They had located 2 of the 3 TERRORIST cells that had been involved in the 911 attacks. They knew WHO they were, and WHERE they were at. They had amassed enough information that was equal to 1/4 of the Library of Congress. Your buddy BUSH ... S H U T ..I T ... D O W N. And sileneced
all those involved.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Q: There has already been so much written about the events of 9/11, how we responded, and the aftermath. You yourself helped write the 9/11 Commission Report. Why did you feel there was a need to revisit the subject?

A: Since the publication of the Commission’s Report, and of books such as Looming Tower and Ghost Wars, and the Vanity Fair piece by 60 Minutes producer Michael Bronner that promoted the declassification of the NORAD tapes, there have been a number of developments that shed new light on our response the morning of 9/11. The first of these is the release of reports by the Inspectors General of the Departments of Defense and Transportation detailing their investigations of the discrepancies mentioned above. In my view they overlooked critical evidence as to whether there was deliberate deception on the part of civilian and military officials in their public statements and in their testimony before the Commission. - John Farmer

[edit on 16-1-2010 by mikelee]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
In the nine years since 911 occurred, I am still amazed that there are those that still adamantly believe the governments official story of 911.

While there are those that will no doubt defend their position with so much zeal and enthusiasm whenever anyone tries to prove otherwise that it indicates that perhaps these individuals are covert disinformation agents and are only present to confuse and deny and to frustrate any pursuit of the truth that anyone brings to the masses to consider.

There is a mountain of evidence that any rational person would admit helps to show that many parts of the official story are outright blatant lies. So with this last point in mind I have to question why anyone would consider 20 areas of concern and then use only one area of concern to discount the remaining 19 items of disclosure.

Whenever someone so quickly throws out or discounts 19 out of 20 facts and uses the one questionable fact to support the position that it must all be a hoax or a lie is showing us that he or she is nothing but a disinformation agent. They must either be a disinformation agent doing their job for the government, or a truly dumbed down American who wouldn’t know the truth if it were presented to you in videos, photographs, charts and all manner of quantifiable data from experts with doctorial degrees and all areas of professional certifications. When no amount of proof is sufficient to these types, it substantiates my concern that perhaps they are disinformation agents or incapable of grasping what truth means.

If we were merely investigating a common everyday murder and needed only circumstantial evidence to proceed with an investigation, we would have convened a Grand Jury by now because we have more than enough evidence to convene a Grand Jury. What we must also realize is that the judiciary as a system is not going to allow anyone to truly investigate and to date we have more than enough evidence to make that claim and statement of fact.

Whenever disinformation trolls do nothing but their job to undermine the truth of 911 and who actually was involved, they participate in a complicit manner to undermine the publics right to know the truth and our right to bring anyone no matter of their position in government to justice for mass murder.

So anyone who will take a single minor point of concern and then discount dozens of other relative matters of evidence is showing us that he or she is either is just doing the job they are getting paid to do or that they are so bumbed down that no amount of truth and logic is going to be sufficient to change these unchangeable minds.

Take your pick, but too much quantitative data from degreed professionals currently exists to refute the belief that Muslims in a cave planned and executed 911 and then undermined our Intelligence agencies, NORAD, DOD, FBI, CIA, NSA, DIA and other agencies with box cutters and diesel fuel.

Anyone who claims that a new investigation should not be conducted is just plain ignorant or just doing his disinformation job as instructed. We on ATS deserve to consider what others think and feel in all manner of conspiracy because there actually exist human beings that respect truth and justice and just want those that are responsible to be held accountable for their crimes against Americans.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If Government Officials have lied to cover up their "incompetence" on 9/11, what else have they lied about? Making false statements under oath to cover your incompetent rear end is just as much of a crime as making false statements to cover up a crime you committed. Since nobody has been held accountable for perjury, at the very least, it proves the Commission was rigged to do a snow job on the intellectually vacant American population.

Farmer appears to be one of these political characters who is attempting to play both sides of the fence, adding confusion to the issue and making a few dollars in the process. He knows the Commission and their report was a complete and utter fiasco; he's just trying to save some face by, well, being a two-face. He has to play it "safe", so don't expect any earth shattering admissions from this guy.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This book seems like it will provide some enlightening info. I have no oppinion one way or the other on whether it was an inside job but I have always believed that the defense of my neighbour to the South was bungled to all hell that day. It will be interesting to see how the testimony differs from what the author has gathered to be the truth.

I don't know about physics or construction of high rises or anything of the sort and If the author doesn;t either then it would not avail us for him to speculate on the collapse or the pentagon damage.

Having been on the comission however I would trust what he has to say on the discrepancies of the testimony.

Thanks for posting OP I'll have to get my hands on this book.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight

Any facts to back up this opinion besides what you were told on TV?

Sorry but most reports state that planes did not casue enough damage to cause the collapse.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thebulldog

I ordered my copy already after reading the article. I'm sure it'll be an interesting read though regardless.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

Really?

9/11 panel sees no link between Iraq, al-Qaida

WASHINGTON - The commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks reported Wednesday that Osama bin Laden met with a top Iraqi official in 1994 but found “no credible evidence” of a link between Iraq and al-Qaida in attacks against the United States.

While there is no link between the two there is also no indictment against UBL for the 911 attacks. This seems strange since he is the very image of Al-Qaida itself. If the FBI had done it's job well enough then any person having the ability to reason can conclude that UBL isn't wanted for 911 at all and as such, neither is AQ and with that it pulls into question the asseration that the terror group was responsible for 911.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by mikelee]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
There was one incompetent boob.
They showed his face on TV.
In the Florida classroom.
PLOTZ.
And does incompetence compel the confiscation of all the videos at private business around the Pentacon?And how's about those FAKE phone calls?Shoot down flight 93 and bring on in the planted plane parts to the fake crash stage.To cover incompetence,all?

And I'll answer my own question.The reason no one was fingered over 'errors' is firstly,there were no errors,except maybe that guy asking Acting President Cheney if the orders still stood,he's been 'doing-ed' I'm sure.The other reason is that the one who takes the blame will know a little of the truth and will spill some beans which would implicate others who then blame others,on UP the chain(ey).That's how criminal conspiracies are dealt with.On every other day but 9-11,apparently.DUH.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueforger
There was one incompetent boob.
They showed his face on TV.
In the Florida classroom.

According to that boob, He had at that time ALREADY knew that the first
plane had hit the WTC. He SEEN it on TV ??

Either he had pior knowledge it was going to happen , or he was LYING again

to the crowd he disclosed this too months later.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Frankly I take umbrage at posts like this. Not one poster in this thread who has questioned the warrant of the OP has trolled or acted in a manner to suggest they are an agent of disinformation.

This thread has spun so wildly off topic because a vast number of Truthers are incendiary, emotional reactionaries who jump all over the slightest bit of information and claim it as the next great link in the unbreakable chain of proof we all are seeking. Anyone who doesn't agree with the tiniest measure of this kind of Truther's opinion is labeled an agent of disinformation or a debunker, regardless of their overall message, and that is a problem within the Truth community at large.

There has to be rational, objective reasoning on all sides, otherwise you get what we have in this thread - a quagmire of discordant views pointing in every direction and veering so far from the initial topic so as to make the entire discussion unwieldy and moot.

Way to go, team!

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Exsisto]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What you find boring is actually fact and it does not fit your thoughts. Have you ever read a book other than Harry Potter, Twilight or a comic book? Not that I think comic books are bad but you brush off an investigation as nothing not becuase if facts but becuase you won't read it. That is the definition of ignorance.

It was a fact finding operation on Terrorist activities in the US. And these guys DID there jobs. They had located 2 of the 3 TERRORIST cells that had been involved in the 911 attacks. They knew WHO they were, and WHERE they were at. They had amassed enough information that was equal to 1/4 of the Library of Congress. Your buddy BUSH ... S H U T ..I T ... D O W N. And sileneced
all those involved.

ABLE Danger was a spec op unit that was created to attempt to find links to terror, weapons sales and other illegal activities via the internet. It was not the use of top secret technology but simply query and data mining with special software like the NSA and other agencies but they were looking for specifics. It started with investigating China, Bosnia and a few other countries and it was in late 99 they were tasked with finding information on AQ(Cole bombing). The problem with data sharing started during the Clinton administration who did not get along especially since the CIA should not have any active ops on US soil.

As far as a 1/4 of the library of congress, it was actually a few TB of information which would store about 300 Blu Ray movies...not that much data if you ask me. Also, Weldon, the whistleblower, states that data was removed 2 years before 9/11 and the program had not actually started to truly ivestigate AQ till the fall of 99...

No one was silenced.

Read a book, even if boring. You just may learn something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join