It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Strangest Dream You've Ever Had?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Ok so we all know the thread "What is the strangest thing you have ever experienced?". Great thread, but what I would like to know is what is the strangest dream you've ever had?
so please share and maybe we can make this thread as popular as the other one!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Let's see... I had a dream where I was fighting alongside some others in my hometown against an alien invasion, and I was killed. An alien harvested my soul and made it into a flying mount. I was completely subservient to it, the way a well trained dog is subservient to its master. I had a weapon I could use, a built in energy weapon of some sort, and I happily blasted away at what were once my former allies. I even tried to take on an attack helicopter until I was directed away by my alien master. That was a weird one.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Long story short, I was given a piece of paper in New Orleans by a lady in an empty storefront with my future husbands name on it. She nothing but "he"s your one" and she walked off.

I woke, wrote it down and forgot about it. Until I married him 2yrs later

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
Long story short, I was given a piece of paper in New Orleans by a lady in an empty storefront with my future husbands name on it. She nothing but "he"s your one" and she walked off.

Awesome. Maybe some sort of voodoo going on there. Are you from New Orleans? I'm originally from St. Bernard Parish.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The one I'm having right now.

Please, I wish I could wake up.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This one is probably not the weirdest, but it's the one I remember the best because I took the time to write it out the day after I had it.

After being jolted up around 5:15 this morning some visions of the film "Paranormal Activity" started playing in my head. I cautiously listened for any stray sounds and didn't dare look towards the light on the smoke detector in case of an apparition blocking the glow. Spooking myself, I turned on the bedside lamp and got up to check the computer. Realized after about 5 minutes of this that I wanted to go back to bed.. so I got off and went back..

Next thing I know I'm in front of the computer, only this time I'm working on a Word document. Aim is open in the background. I'm doing my homework. Suddenly the aim screen.. moves on its own. It hides behind the window I'm working on. I move my window to find it and try to bring it back to its original position. It resists. It keeps moving by itself. I start to become afraid that my computer is being hacked. My files start to open. I open a web browser to try to consult the net for some help but those windows immediately close. I worry and turn off the computer, then unplug it. I'm shaken up. I go to bed and lay down...

I think about what happened for a while and try again. My word document pops up. Finder opens by itself but this time I can see another cursor. The wild cursor pays no attention to my own. It opens documents as hard as it can. I am terrified. I turn everything off again.

I sit there in my chair with my arms around my bent knees. Everything silent except for the fan to my right. I worriedly think about the scenario. Can this person still see my computer if it's off? I try to imagine what they could possibly be looking for. What does this mean?

Why is this happening now? Wait, is this real? I assess whether or not I'm awake. I really... cannot tell. Looking around in the dark, yes, this really is my room. Oh how I wish I was back in the comfort of my bed, away from this nonsense. Perhaps I could go back to bed? Or wait.. am I really awake? How I wish I am dreaming! But lucidly I realize that this feels just like being awake. Doubtful I start to pinch myself. I don't feel anything. What?

My eyes open. I've been in bed dreaming. Oh thank God. Smiling in the comfort of my room I look around and realize how strange that all was. But it's only 6... Back to sleep..

I'm in big open space with giant projector screens on the walls. Everything seems pristine. People are playing music. Most people are my age or a little older. I don't recognize anyone, they all have mixed features that are familiar but no face adds up to a whole correct one. I sit down in an aisle next to the wall and watch a girl play violin. I have a pack of camels in my hand. I see some people who recognize me so I go off with them. We walk through the streets and see a clown driving a bus made entirely of glass.

We happen upon a home with carpet and wood inside. I wander off up a staircase. There's an attic with christmas ornaments messily strewn about. Not only is the entire room made of wood, the ornaments are wood as well. They are all birds, red and blue. Suddenly one comes alive. A red old fashioned looking toy with movable wings and a swiveling neck and a bright orange pointed beak starts to strut and stretch. It sees me. I am aware of how strange this is. I try to move it with my mind.

It works. The bird is filled with the energy of my focus. It takes flight but tries to resist. I am divebombed again and again but never hit. Other red birds come alive. The bluebirds stir, but remain docile. I walk over to the bird and brush my hand over its unpolished and crudely painted top. This is when I find the invisible wire. This calms me, for I'm quelled by the fact that there is no magic or telekinesis going on, the birds are simply toys attached to strings.

But then I find out that an army of red birds has amassed behind me. They don't have strings. I wake.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I was Frank Sinatra. No more to say....

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
just the other night. I had a dream where I was smoking weed with my friends(mods: please don't delete, just a dream), and it seemed like it was spiked with mushrooms or acid or something, because I felt like everything was different, somehow, and I had some kind of spirit entity talk to me out of a TV that asked me how I like being in the rabbit hole. It actually seemed to have some deep spiritual significance.

weird.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Dreaming Death Date

This one really shook me up. Would really like some input on this vision.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight

Awesome. Maybe some sort of voodoo going on there. Are you from New Orleans? I'm originally from St. Bernard Parish.

No I'm not from New Orleans and during thr dream I never saw any signs I just knew thats where I was.

I have a lot of these dreams and some I've even tried to change the dream while in it

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Let's see... I had a dream where I was fighting alongside some others in my hometown against an alien invasion, and I was killed. An alien harvested my soul and made it into a flying mount. I was completely subservient to it, the way a well trained dog is subservient to its master. I had a weapon I could use, a built in energy weapon of some sort, and I happily blasted away at what were once my former allies. I even tried to take on an attack helicopter until I was directed away by my alien master. That was a weird one.

I had similar, but in my dream I was leading alien invasion. we almost totally exterminated human race, but at the end something has changed that we turned against our overlords and for some reason joined remaining human resistance..

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

No I'm not from New Orleans and during thr dream I never saw any signs I just knew thats where I was.

I have a lot of these dreams and some I've even tried to change the dream while in it

I did fail to mention at the time of the dream I was already married to someone else

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Woke up with a 'photo' of a lizard still there in my mind. It looked like a real photo and had a white border around it. Except the lizard in the photo was alive. It was on a low garden wall, facing East

Later that day, a visitor arrived. We were talking over coffee. Suddenly, behind the visitor's shoulder, I could see a lizard on the law garden wall outside. It was facing West. Otherwise identical

We contacted the fauna reserve and one of the rangers came out and tried to catch it. He left a box and said if we could, we should catch it and take it up to the fauna reserve because otherwise it wouldn't last long in such a densely populated suburban area. We later managed to coax it into a box and duly took it to the fauna reserve where they noted our name and other details

Few nights later I dreamed of a lizard again. Awoke with it very clear in my mind. Different lizard, different location

Not long afterwards, the second dream-lizard manifested in the yard. We coaxed it into a container and took it to the fauna reserve too, etc.

Few days later, another dream, another lizard. Caught it. Took it to fauna reserve

This went on for about six weeks all told, resulting in our becoming familiar up at the fauna reserve

I asked them why we were getting so many lizards, because our place was fenced all around with solid, high fencing. The suburb was well established, not near any lizard-type environments. Fauna people said they had no explanation .. said it must be just one of those things

The lizards weren't all the same type, but they were all approx. a foot long in the body, without the tail. So they were largish lizards. We got quite good at coaxing them into containers. I told the fauna people that before each lizard's appearance, I dreamt about them, but in reverse or mirror image. They gave me a funny look

There was a bit of a break in the lizard dreams, then I dreamt about two lizards in a tree near the garage. One was ok, but the other one was cut in half and had no lower body, lower legs or tail. Despite this, it appeared fine and was moving slowly and flicking its tongue in and out

As usual, I told people about this dream and said I hoped this dream didn't come true. For ten days or so, it didn't come true. I was relieved about that

Won't bore you with any more details, but yes, after about ten days that dream came true too. As usual, it was mirror-reversed compared to the dream image. Yes, we came across a lizard cut neatly in half across the body and it was alive and moving slowly. It died during the night

The second lizard which had been in the tree in that dream turned up not long after and we took it as usual to the fauna reserve

By that time, family and friends were telling me frankly that they didnt' want to hear about any more of my dreams. It was clear to me that people might be intrigued by precognitive dreams in theory. But they don't like it in reality. Makes them scared to learn first-hand that the future is apparently written

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I had a dream where I was looking at a hand in front of me which was a bright white. It started to turn invisible/transparent, fading away like dissipating smoke. The dream was intensely vivid! Odd I thought. Even more bizarre was that upon waking and later watching the news, Michael Jackson had died. Strange!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I had this dream where the ancient Egyptians were pumping water into the pyramids and then fracturing the water molecules into oxygen and hydrogen, and then using that to power a generator and they were charging up their ship that was low on energy.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Juno Blaster

LOL well if only 1 of your hands turned white, especially your left hand, then that would be telling of MJ's death

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Really interesting question. I have a distinct answer which is, I think, my first instance of a category of other experiences.

I was probably around 11 years old. I dreamed a very vivid dream in which I was on an island or in a wildeness and the only one around was another young boy like myself (11 or 12 at the time). We were being pursued by monsters of some sort, and I led him into some kind of a shelter. This was a very vivid experience but I knew that even while the "monsters" were trying to get in, there was a way out. Now, I had gotten to know the other boy quite well after the onset of these adventures, and I liked him very much. So I confided in him with the following words "Ok, we can't get out, so I want you to count to 4 and then open your eyes." 1 2 3 4....then I opened my eyes and found myself back in bed late at night.

I really missed that friend and still do. Here is where the "weirdness" comes in. I believed at that moment that the dream had been in fact real, and that he was real and we were in a place together. That he lived in some other part of the country, and joined me in a "dream time" place that also was real. I think it was an example of "cognitive dreaming" and that we were experiencing a psychic link and thus sharing an imaginary (maybe) world. It may have happened since, but nothing was like that first time. Sigh

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

It was my left hand actually!

The dreams' colours were so vivid and the feelings of confusion (and fear, I suppose) that my hand was vanishing were so intense. I had been meditating a lot up to that point, and my dreams were becoming more vivid. I stopped just after. Maybe it's time I started again..

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricNarwhal

I have to go to the dentist to get a crown fixed. I'm in the waiting room which is normal. They call me in and the dentist is David Letterman. He brings into the room and discovers that he does not have the right part to fix the crown, but that he can go get it. A dental assistant comes in and tells me she'll take me somewhere to wait until Dr. Letterman gets the part. She takes me out back and into this massive parking lot, like a Home Depot lot. Cars in the lot, folks driving in and out. Just a normal parking lot. She gets me this white plastic lawn chair, recliner style and sets it up and tells me to wait there. I sit in the chair in the parking lot and wait. I'm there like 6 hours and finally say @$@#this! and get up and go back into the dentist's office. I tell them I've been waiting out in the parking lot for most of the day. The gal tells me they still don't have the part and that I should go backout to the parking lot.

I blow it off and walk to an elevated subway platform and I'm going to take a train. I'm on the train and just before the doors close, Letterman jumps on the train and starts beating on me. We fight for a while and then he just gets off the train and thats it.

I've had this dream twice. No idea where it comes from. Don't watch Letterman.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I had a dream where i was having an Out of Body experience, And during my out of body experience, i was just floating there watching myself play video game's on my computer.

Also happens to be the most boring dream i have ever had also.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join