It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal trial of colloidal silver effectiveness on a skin condition

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Maybe you should worry about yourself and not make assumptions about what I'm going to do in the future. K thx bai

That's fine. When you, undoubtedly, post your "cure" for psoriasis, I'll be sure to copy and paste this conversation so that everyone can see you have no real proof, beyond the placebo effect. If you can't even make sure that you actually HAVE psoriasis and that you don't take other medications that might interfere, I'm fairly certain no one needs to take you seriously, anyways.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Find someone with Psoriasis and apply a little Iodine to a small lesion every day for two weeks and you will see for yourself...
...make sure the person is not allergic to iodine first...
...if sensitive to iodine use a paste of BiCarb and water...
...and expect a little redness as the layers flake off and the fungus dies.

I had twelve years with international Pharma and have qualifications in biology and microbiology and I am telling you the proprietary solutions do not work...
...they are mostly designed to relieve discomfort but do not get at the cause.

Ps ask yourself, who runs the NHS?

Now, since you have "qualifications" (which I noticed you didn't use the word "degrees", unless you're just using the terms loosely), can you explain to me why iodine and bicarbonate, two chemicals with radically different compositions (one is a nearly inert element, one is a high molecular weight buffering solution) would produce the same reaction?

I don't think it is wise to outline full qualifications in a public forum.

They both work differently.

The iodine works by acting as a direct fungiside.
The BiCarb acts by changing the pH...fungus dies in alkaline environment.

Think of the Psoriasis lesion like you would an abcess forming around a bacterial infection...
...only it grows in layers as each new protective tissue is overlayed by more fungus...
...and it grows like a stack of pancakes...
...eliminating the 'stacks' is then done one at a time.

Most proprietary solutions just slow the process down a bit...
...or relieve the discomfort.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I don't think it is wise to outline full qualifications in a public forum.

And I don't think it is wise to use your "qualifications" to push false and illogical information.

They both work differently.

The iodine works by acting as a direct fungiside.

I can buy that, but psoriasis isn't a fungus.

The BiCarb acts by changing the pH...fungus dies in alkaline environment.

The bicarbonate buffer system only applies in an aqueous system with a constantly renewed supply of CO2 and H+ ions, such as serum. A simple paste will not achieve this. If you can prove otherwise, be my guest. Simple organic chemistry/biochemistry would disagree with your assessment of the bicarbonate mechanism.

Think of the Psoriasis lesion like you would an abcess forming around a bacterial infection...
...only it grows in layers as each new protective tissue is overlayed by more fungus...
...and it grows like a stack of pancakes...
...eliminating the 'stacks' is then done one at a time.

Except that's not how psoriasis works. All evidence points to an autoimmune origin leading to "skin tags", or excess skin proliferation. There have been no cases documented to have been caused by fungus.

Most proprietary solutions just slow the process down a bit...
...or relieve the discomfort.

That's because it's still a poorly understood auto-immune disorders, as most auto-immune disorders are, like lupus.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Didn't I already say that the point of my thread wasn't to give any sort of proof either way? Look at the title of my thread. It clearly says "personal trial".. not a scientific test, or even a homeopathic 'proving'. I just thought that I would share with others my experience, and hopefully in the future I can share some success. If it works for me, it works for me. Supposedly it has worked miracles on others, but that doesn't mean it works on everybody, or if they were even true stories.

I can tell you this though... If it does cure whatever skin condition has been on my feet for 15 years then it won't be because of "placebo" effect.

Truthfully if it does work I don't care if anyone believes me, especially you, and I wouldn't be claiming it would work for everybody, or be an end-all-be-all cure. I just want my skin back to normal.

You should not make assumptions about what I'm going to do in the future and act like you already have to reprimand me for my future thought crimes.

It really makes it look like you have a narcissistic personality disorder and superiority complex.

But on the positive note, I guess I don't ever need to go to a doctor again, I can just email you and you can tell me everything about my personal body and health from over the internet. Cool.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

I understand you're just "sharing an experience". Here's the rub, though. When you post on here that colloidal silver "cured your psoriasis", you'll be basing that on false information. Then, others will take that false information and use it on their own for psoriasis, or other conditions, and so on and so on, potentially harming many people by causing them to delay ACTUAL treatment.

It's the same reason I don't give medical treatment advice on ehre. It's wholly irresponsible. The most I do it point out unrealistic or improper treatment.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Dude, you are reading way too far into things on multiple levels.

1. I already admitted after doing more research I think its far more likely to be eczema, not psoriasis. I am not claiming to know exactly what my skin condition is for sure.

2. If my skin condition goes away (esp on my feet) it would have been 100% because of the CS, nothing else could explain it, especially not placebo.

3. I'm not giving anybody medical advice, never will.

4. Many people are like me and don't have medical insurance, so they might be interested in alternative treatments

5. Many people are looking for alternative treatments simply because normal methods haven't worked. It's not your job to deprive them of possible information just because you think they might possibly delay some other treatment that a doctor prescribes.

I'M JUST GOING TO DETAIL MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, SO THAT MAYBE OTHERS CAN HAVE SOME HOPE IF IT WORKS.

What other adults do is up to them. It's not your job to play mommy and daddy for everyone on here and "gaurd them from reading information". You are an information-fascist with a superiority complex and an affinity for predicting the future and reading far too much into things that haven't yet transpired.

6. Why do you think CS is an "improper or unrealistic treatment"? Silver is used in burn victim cremes. That's a fact.

I know I don't own this thread, but I would appreciate it if you would leave. K thx bai

[edit on 15-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I had the same problem and going to the doctor was a wast of time and money. I took the silver, and olive leaf extract and it cured it but it takes some time. Olive leaf 2000 ml twice a day.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wizardwars

Wizard, were you drinking the silver, or applying it topically? Thanks

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Dude, you are reading way too far into things on multiple levels.

1. I already admitted after doing more research I think its far more likely to be eczema, not psoriasis. I am not claiming to know exactly what my skin condition is for sure.

If you don't know what it is, then you can absolutely not say that ANYTHING cured it. If it is psoriasis, it could be entirely genetic, and the timing of outbreaks is random. If it's allergies, something as simple as washing your clothes in a different detergent one day can cause an outbreak to occur or disappear.

2. If my skin condition goes away (esp on my feet) it would have been 100% because of the CS, nothing else could explain it, especially not placebo.

THIS. RIGHT HERE. This is what I was talking about, and you're already doing it! How can you say with 100% certainty that the colloidal silver cured ANYTHING? How do you know it's not a rash caused by exposure to an allergen, which fades on it's own? How do you know it's not a herpes simplex variation, which comes and goes in cycles? How do you know it's not related to an illness you had a month ago, and it's a side effect from the medications you took?

Simply put, you DO NOT KNOW. Correlation does NOT equal causation. If I give a patient a treatment because "I gave this to a patient once, and they got better, so I *guess* this is a treatment for condition X", I would lose my license in a heartbeat.

This is the reason the boards here are ridiculous. There are so many people here who would take your word as gospel without once considering that, perhaps you don't know what you're talking about, scientifically or otherwise.

3. I'm not giving anybody medical advice, never will.

If you ever claim on these boards the colloidal silver cured your skin condition, that is giving medical advice.

4. Many people are like me and don't have medical insurance, so they might be interested in alternative treatments

I absolutely agree, and I've prescribed cheap/free alternative treatments to my patients before, even when they had stellar insurance. A few months ago, I suggest acupuncture to a patient with back pain, as there is now some scientific backing to the method.

5. Many people are looking for alternative treatments simply because normal methods haven't worked. It's not your job to deprive them of possible information just because you think they might possibly delay some other treatment that a doctor prescribes.

I'm not depriving them of information. I'm askign that you not give FALSE information by irresponsibly posting something as a cure (assuming you post this once you try your 'treatment'). Giving false information is many times more harmful than giving no information.

I'M JUST GOING TO DETAIL MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, SO THAT MAYBE OTHERS CAN HAVE SOME HOPE IF IT WORKS.

What other adults do is up to them. It's not your job to play mommy and daddy for everyone on here and "gaurd them from reading information". You are an information-fascist with a superiority complex and an affinity for predicting the future and reading far too much into things that haven't yet transpired.

By giving false evidence of a cure for your condition, you are encouraging others to do the same, potentially causing medical harm due to their delaying of actual treatment for a condition that could be much more severe than a rash. This is irresponsible, disgusting, and immoral.

6. Why do you think CS is an "improper or unrealistic treatment"? Silver is used in burn victim cremes. That's a fact.

A burn is not at all the same as a genetic condition (psoriasis) or an infection. By your logic, should we treat cancer with antibiotics? It works for bacterial infections, right?

I know I don't own this thread, but I would appreciate it if you would leave. K thx bai

As long as you are providing false information and claiming it to be true, thus defaming both homeopathic and Western medicine, I'm going to post here to others know to look elsewhere for sound medical treatments.

[edit on 1/15/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mogwomp

it's more than likely the nickel mate, I used to fix woodwind and brass intstruments for a living and almost all the time when someone came in with a nickel trumpet or flute etc they had skin problems. I didn't figure it out tho until I wore a new necklace that had nickel in it, within hours of putting it on the back of my neck came up in itchy lumps, took about a day to go after taking the necklace off.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

I was drinking it but I bought it at the health food store. Silver needs to be ran through a filter to take out the larger particals if they are to large they can build up in the body any silver bought at the health food store has been filtered.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

reply to post by CommonSenseRules

Truthfully its kind of hard to soak the feet in it. So I'm gonna try it on my finger first.. if it works then my feet are next

Interesting piece here on colloidal silver that specifies using ONLY distilled waster to avoid that Papa Smurf look...
www.cancertutor.com...

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I would also add acidophilus for a skin condition it will replace the good bacteria in the intestine. I think that is that was the thing that really turned it around for me.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by k0mbination

www.thefamilygp.com...

* Nickel. Many items of jewellery, and metal fasteners on clothing contain the metal nickel. So any reaction in a specific isolated area of skin that has been in contact with a cheaper type of jewellery or a metal zip or clothes stud will probably be due to contact eczema. Pure gold or silver does not produce this type of eczema, only the cheaper metal alloys.

* Leather in shoes, gloves or watch straps. The eczema is a reaction by the skin to a chemical called chromate, used in the curing of leather.

www.medicinenet.com...

Contact eczema (contact dermatitis) is a localized reaction that includes redness, itching, and burning where the skin has come into contact with an allergen (an allergy-causing substance to which an individual is sensitized) or with a general irritant such as an acid, a cleaning agent, or other chemical. Other examples of contact eczema include reactions to laundry detergents, nickel (present in jewelry), cosmetics, fabrics, clothing, and perfume. Due to the vast number of substances with which individuals have contact, it can be difficult to determine the trigger for contact dermatitis. The condition is sometimes referred to as allergic contact eczema (allergic contact dermatitis) if the trigger is an allergen and irritant contact eczema (irritant contact dermatitis) if the trigger is an irritant. Skin reactions to poison ivy and poison sumac are examples of allergic contact eczema. People who have a history of allergies have an increased risk for developing contact eczema.

www.ultimate-cosmetics.com... ic-eczema.html

Scientists believe that the inherited allergic reaction is caused by sensitivity to cobalt, nickel and balsam. Certain factors may trigger or worsen the condition such as:

1.Costume jewelry that often contains nickel
2.Fungal infections elsewhere in the body can trigger Dyshidrotic Eczema in the hands.
3.Cigarette smoke
4.Aspirin

Well I just got rid of that shifter knob about a week ago, man I hope that is all that it will take. It really ticks me off with all these poisonous and dangerous products from China. Anyone else remmember all that childrens jewelry tainted with can't remmember the metal now, but I can almost guarantee it will cause contact eczema. The dermatalogists must be laughing all the way to the bank. Just found out the cause of eczema of the feet chromate.

In any case this is why I am pursuing the whole heavy metal detox. I'm thinking the sooner I can get these metals out of my system the better.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I don't want anyone to think that I am bashing CS with the whole metal detox thing. CS is great stuff, it cured my depression of 5 years. Yes you need to use distilled water that has been reversed osmosised. Can pick up a gallon for about a buck at the drug store. I run mine with an amp meter attached to make sure the amperage stays low and use a aquarium air pump to bubble it during the process. If you are using a machine it probably has a stiring device. The bubbles keep the water moving which helps keep the amperage low and stabilized.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
When I said earlier that I tried CS for my eczema on my fingers, I never tried soaking my fingers for 30 mins, instead I put on a glove and sprayed the CS into it until my entire hand was soaked then went to bed with the glove on. Was also drinking a couple shot glasses of CS a day. I did this for about 3 weeks with no signs of improvement. Like I said earlier, thought it was ringworm at first, so was trying to starve it of oxygen hense the glove. I haven't tried Iodine yet, not sure if it is the same thing, but I did try Betadine which is provodine iodine solution in the glove for a week with no signs of improvement. In any case I hope your results are better than mine and I truely wish you the best in this endeavor.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogwomp
When I said earlier that I tried CS for my eczema on my fingers, I never tried soaking my fingers for 30 mins, instead I put on a glove and sprayed the CS into it until my entire hand was soaked then went to bed with the glove on. Was also drinking a couple shot glasses of CS a day. I did this for about 3 weeks with no signs of improvement. Like I said earlier, thought it was ringworm at first, so was trying to starve it of oxygen hense the glove. I haven't tried Iodine yet, not sure if it is the same thing, but I did try Betadine which is provodine iodine solution in the glove for a week with no signs of improvement. In any case I hope your results are better than mine and I truely wish you the best in this endeavor.

The few times I've seen patients with ringworm (and the one time I had it myself), I just recalled a bit of biochemistry and dabbed 3% hydrogen peroxide on it every two hours or so. Cleared it up quickly and easily.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have experience with this on multiple levels....

my middle child had eczema due to a wheat intolerance. We did an elimination diet with him. Most eczema is due to either milk or wheat although there can be other causes.

I am in school to become a Naturopath so not only do I have personal experience with it (if it is eczema or psoriasis) but I have been taught regarding this as well.

I would do the following:

cut out all wheat/gluten for one week and see if it improves the condition. If not, cut out dairy (all forms) for one week and see if it improves.

The silver may or may not help...it's not something that I tried with my son. Instead I created a soap made with oils specifically for people with eczema and you may want to consider trying some of these oils to help you: evening primrose oil & coconut oil and many others. You can google it. Calendula lotion can be extremely soothing as well.

Tea tree oil and lavender oil may also be good for the condition. Be sure to put the tea tree oil in a carrier oil so it isn't irritating. Lavender oil can be applied directly.

Hope this helps! Feel free to email me if you have questions.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jenmckin
Tea tree oil and lavender oil may also be good for the condition. Be sure to put the tea tree oil in a carrier oil so it isn't irritating. Lavender oil can be applied directly.

I have been told that Emu oil is great for skin conditions, too...not to flood the OP with too many alternatives.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I agree about the emu oil...hemp oil is also a wonderful alternative oil that is great for the skin and skin conditions BUT emu and hemp are expensive. I was offering the not so expensive options.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join