It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal trial of colloidal silver effectiveness on a skin condition

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
EDIT: Actually from looking at pictures online it looks like have eczema, not psoriasis

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am starting a test of colloidal silver effectiveness on psoriasis. I have had the skin condition on my feet for most of my life, but it is only mild psoriasis and hasn't caused me too much pain.

Unfortunately I think I was scratching in between my toes with my index finger on my right hand too much, because a few days ago the skin started peeling and I noticed that it was dry and looked exactly like psoriasis behind the finder nail, on top of the finger.

I kinda freaked out because I really don't want this disease spreading on my hands! Feet are bad enough, but atleast they stay in shoes all the time haha.

I got a collodial silver generator given to me a month ago because I featured it in a youtube video. At first I was skeptical that colloidal silver could have any medical effects, but I have read that it actually can help with a lot of things.

I still do not know if it will help with my finger, but after reading some very positive testimonials online I figured I would give it a try. I am going to soak my finger in a batch of colloidal silver for 30 minutes a day, every day, for at least a couple weeks.

Today was the first day I started, so I don't have any results yet.

Hopefully I will be able to post with some good news.

Has anyone else had experience with CS and skin conditions?

[edit on 15-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I will continue to follow the thread. I have had decent success with Colloidal Silver as an anti-viral. I take it when I feel the beginning of a sore throat or sinus infection, and they typically go away the next day. If they don't go away, I add L-Cysteine, Germanium, Zinc, and Vitamin C, and then they go away!

Anyhow, I would love to hear that Topical Silver helps psoriasis, because my son has bad ecsema and it may help that as well!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
I kinda freaked out because I really don't want this disease spreading on my hands! Feet are bad enough, but atleast they stay in shoes all the time haha.

I had to check, to confirm but Psoriasis is neither a disease or viral, so would not spread through touch.

The Psoriasis Association

Is psoriasis catching? Psoriasis cannot be caught from other people nor can it be transferred from one part of the body to another.

Maybe you've have caught something else or have a fungal infection?

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Koka]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Psoriasis is caused either by stress or an allergic reaction (usually food) and it's a pain in the a...! You can also try a product called Drwheatgrass skin recovery cream. As it's name suggests it's made from wheatgrass which is very rich in antioxidants and has worked very well with my skin.
collidial silver is excellent as an anti viral so I'm not so sure how it would work against psoriasis. I would suggest taking note of what you eat/drink over a period of time and see if there is a link between that and your condition and also between that and your stress levels.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If you want your "study" (and I hesitate to use the word in this case) to mean anything, you need to have someone positively identify what condition you are treating, you need to note what you eat everyday during treatment, which drugs you are taking (both over the counter and prescription), any irregularities in your health before, during, and after treatment, and you need to note the amount/frequency/source of your treatment.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

I don't care if my "study" to proves anything. I want it to cure the damn skin.

I don't have health insurance and can't afford a doctor.... which is why I haven't resorted to conventional methods already. I'm not going to a doctor again when they don't do anything anyway charge an arm and a leg and give me 2 minutes of their time.

I can guarantee it's not a fungal infection.

Actually from looking at some pictures online it looks more like eczema

This is a personal trial and a study for me.. I could care less what you think about it, or my methods, or what it "proves". But if it works maybe I can give some hope to others. Testimonials on a random website that is selling things can be hard to trust, if you know what I mean.

But BTW I have "heard" that CS works for eczema as well. So we'll see how it goes

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
Just wanted to let everyone know that I am starting a test of colloidal silver effectiveness on psoriasis. I have had the skin condition on my feet for most of my life, but it is only mild psoriasis and hasn't caused me too much pain.

Unfortunately I think I was scratching in between my toes with my index finger on my right hand too much, because a few days ago the skin started peeling and I noticed that it was dry and looked exactly like psoriasis behind the finder nail, on top of the finger.

I got a collodial silver generator given to me a month ago because I featured it in a youtube video. At first I was skeptical that colloidal silver could have any medical effects, but I have read that it actually can help with a lot of things.

I still do not know if it will help with my finger, but after reading some very positive testimonials online I figured I would give it a try. I am going to soak my finger in a batch of colloidal silver for 30 minutes a day, every day, for at least a couple weeks.

Today was the first day I started, so I don't have any results yet.

Hopefully I will be able to post with some good news.

Has anyone else had experience with CS and skin conditions?

I have not tried Colloidal Silver...
...but I have seen success with Sodium bicarbonate and/or Iodine.

One lady I know had psoriasis on both her knees for fifteen years and tried every proprietary solution without success...
...applied iodine to the lesions a couple of times per day and it came away layer on layer over about a month back to new pink skin.

A man who had psoriasis lesions on his face and head for many years had it completely resolve after a couple of weeks by making a paste of Sodium Bicarbonate and applying it to the lesions about ten minutes before a shower each day...
...he also added a quarter teaspoon on BiCarb to a litre of water and drank it each day between meals (six days on and six days off).

Psoriasis is caused by fungus and the BiCarb changes the Ph and the iodine solution kills it...
...but the psoriasis forms in layers and must retreat in layers.

Fungus shrives in acidic conditions so also adjust your diet to be more alkaline.

[edit on 15/1/10 by troubleshooter]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
how about before and after pics? otherwise we just have to take your word for it...I'd lie to see the effects.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I also will continue to follow this thread. I have Psoriatic Arthritis. I take Enbrel and Methatrexate. I've had the Psoriasis since I was 15 and the Arthritis came along when I was about 28. Please report how this works for you. I very interested in the outcome!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
Psoriasis is caused by fungus........

Sorry my friend but you are incorrect, most all indications point toward it being autoimmune related.

NHS - Psoriasis

The exact cause of psoriasis is unknown but it is known that your immune system plays a part. Your immune system is your body's defence against disease - it produces proteins (antibodies) that attack germs and viruses. For some reason, if you have psoriasis, one of these antibodies called T cells start attacking healthy skin cells by mistake. This triggers other immune responses that cause an increase in the production of new skin cells and also T cells. This results in a cycle of skin cell production becoming faster and faster - skin cells are created and then die in the space of five to six days, rather than the normal 28 days. The dead skin cells then build on the surface of your skin in thick scaly patches. Psoriasis runs in families - one in three people with psoriasis has a close relative who also has psoriasis. However, the exact role that genetics plays in causing psoriasis remains unclear. There are three genes that are linked to psoriasis- known as SLC9A3R1, NAT9 and RAPTOR. However, a large proportion of people with these genes never develop skin problems.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Well Good Luck. I wish you a speedy and full recovery. Some on else mentioned pics? Do you have a webcam? I short ats video on this would be neat. Don't let the cynics get you down.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I've been fighting eczema on my middle and ring finger for about a year now. I just recently figured out what caused mine. I bought a shifter knob for my truck (from China no doubt) not sure what it's made out of nickel, cadmium, or who knows what else, could even be radioactive! do not have a gieger counter to test this theory. In any case what I have researched is that eczema can be triggered by metals such as these and where it is on my fingers is exactly where they come in contact with the shifter knob, truck is manual and my hand is always on it. I've tried atleast 50 different things including coloidal silver I thought it was ringworm at first and there are tons of things I tried for that which odly enough some of the same things used to treat eczema and psoriasis. I am now delving into heavy metal detox. Your right for not going to the doctors they don't know anything about it and will perscribe expensive steroids and other stuff that will do nothing to cure it with horrific side effects. I have had moderate success with taking epson salt baths and taking apple cider vinegar. I got some Eucerin Aquaphor hand cream that really helps with the dryness and cracking I put that on at night and use hydrocortizone cream for when it starts to itch.

I would like some feedback on the heavy metal detox, if anyone has some suggestions they would be apreciated. I just started taking spirulina and selinium along with the epson salt.

Needles to say I hate alll these Chinese products. Try to think back to when it started on your feet, you may have bought some flip flops or shoes made in China that may be the culprit. In any case good luck with the coloidal silver, that stuff is amazing for pink eye and soar throats.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have a webcam, yes. But like I said the skin in the area just started peeling off and revealing the "red-ish tight skin" that kind looks "thin". It wouldn't show up well on webcam. And actually after just 1 30 minute session its looking much more like regular skin (a few hours ago), but I can't say for sure that it's working. It will take a while to know for sure.

But the skin condition on my foot looks much more visible. If it works on my finger I will start soaking my feet as well, and I'll take some pictures first.

Really guys I'm sorry I can't give better information... But hopefully if it works it can provide some hope for others.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I'm not asking that you use the "study" to prove anything. I'm asking you to do this so you don't look like a bloody fool when you post on here in all caps: "COLLOIDAL SILVER CURED MY PSORIASIS!!!" when in fact, you had an allergic rash, not psoriasis, and it was cured by your immune system or an antihistamine you forgot you took.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I recently read that radish paste cures skin ailments, Look it up, it may work for you. I can imagine it would be a real bummer to have a skin thing like that.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

Psoriasis is caused by fungus........

Sorry my friend but you are incorrect, most all indications point toward it being autoimmune related.

NHS - Psoriasis

The exact cause of psoriasis is unknown but it is known that your immune system plays a part. Your immune system is your body's defence against disease - it produces proteins (antibodies) that attack germs and viruses. For some reason, if you have psoriasis, one of these antibodies called T cells start attacking healthy skin cells by mistake. This triggers other immune responses that cause an increase in the production of new skin cells and also T cells. This results in a cycle of skin cell production becoming faster and faster - skin cells are created and then die in the space of five to six days, rather than the normal 28 days. The dead skin cells then build on the surface of your skin in thick scaly patches. Psoriasis runs in families - one in three people with psoriasis has a close relative who also has psoriasis. However, the exact role that genetics plays in causing psoriasis remains unclear. There are three genes that are linked to psoriasis- known as SLC9A3R1, NAT9 and RAPTOR. However, a large proportion of people with these genes never develop skin problems.

Apply the scientific method.

Find someone with Psoriasis and apply a little Iodine to a small lesion every day for two weeks and you will see for yourself...
...make sure the person is not allergic to iodine first...
...if sensitive to iodine use a paste of BiCarb and water...
...and expect a little redness as the layers flake off and the fungus dies.

I had twelve years with international Pharma and have qualifications in biology and microbiology and I am telling you the proprietary solutions do not work...
...they are mostly designed to relieve discomfort but do not get at the cause.

Ps ask yourself, who runs the NHS?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Find someone with Psoriasis and apply a little Iodine to a small lesion every day for two weeks and you will see for yourself...
...make sure the person is not allergic to iodine first...
...if sensitive to iodine use a paste of BiCarb and water...
...and expect a little redness as the layers flake off and the fungus dies.

I had twelve years with international Pharma and have qualifications in biology and microbiology and I am telling you the proprietary solutions do not work...
...they are mostly designed to relieve discomfort but do not get at the cause.

Ps ask yourself, who runs the NHS?

Now, since you have "qualifications" (which I noticed you didn't use the word "degrees", unless you're just using the terms loosely), can you explain to me why iodine and bicarbonate, two chemicals with radically different compositions (one is a nearly inert element, one is a high molecular weight buffering solution) would produce the same reaction?

[edit on 1/15/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Why don't you soak your feet in the CS as well?

It probably will work, make the most of it!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Maybe you should worry about yourself and not make assumptions about what I'm going to do in the future. K thx bai

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CommonSenseRules

Truthfully its kind of hard to soak the feet in it. So I'm gonna try it on my finger first.. if it works then my feet are next

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join