It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Missionaries Desperately Trying to Leave Haiti!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hey, I'll give credit where credit is due. Most Christians have no idea that the second set of tablets recorded different laws than the first. As odd as this may be, I do not have the answer as to why this is the case, but it definitely isn't grounds for disproving or proving anything.

Yea, sure, and I could do a study showing that the amount of Mountain Dew you drink is directly related to your popularity with the opposite sex and somebody would eat it all up. I could probably even get published. maybe I should start my survey with my two best buddies. That's probably enough to get a good data pool. I wonder what other variables could be thrown into such a study that I would completely ignore, like age, weight, hygiene, criminal background, previous abuse as a child, etc.

The sad thing is, those who actually study the scriptures are much wiser than any other people I have met. Being the son of a military man, I've moved plenty and met plenty of people. I also have met plenty of Christians completely ignorant of the world around them and what is actually going on because they buy into whatever their preacher says and do no studying for themselves. Again, this is a shameful and regrettable thing that Christianity has become.

Thing is though, there are plenty of non-christians who are just as... ignorant and uneducated. The Bible says that we should seek wisdom, and even though we are to follow our God in faith, we are to use the things he gave us for this life, such as our brain. You would have a much stronger argument if you stopped trying to lump all Christians into one generalization.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73

Flaws in your argument are apparent in your responses

So apparent that you havent been able to point a single one out.

Instead your replies consist of "try understanding the 10 commandments" and "bias much?"

You're not that fascinating. In fact youre as unintelligent as any other theist I have come across.

You dont make any points yet keep claiming you have.

You have typed nothing of substance. Yet you think you have.

Blinded yet again by your views of how intellectual YOU are.. not!

Who can be bothered reading stuff that they have already been made to read by other atheists. Get real. Sif waste time.

Stupendous!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic

A praying atheist??

Also, i have read mountains of this kind of info previously - mentioned by other atheists, all of which proved nothing more than a personal opinion based on biased information from a biased perspective - oh well.

Again, just keep it coming mate, i wonder when you will realise that you should have given up days ago...

Pride get's in your way i suppose... that much is evident.

Lol - Atheist hypcrite proves hypocracy in own statements.. GG!

You have read mountains of it now huh? After you begged me for links already when you could have just said that to begin with. I smell a lying hypocrite.

Hey there you go calling me and my info biased again. Totally blank to the fact that you rely on a single biased book for all your information.

Oh hey there you going saying its pride again too. Do you ever actually ever have a point that can be debated? Thats a rhetorical question. We all know the answer already. By we I mean pretty much everyone but you.

Oh now I am a hypocrite too? What statements are you referring to? You want links and proof to everything I say, yet all you do is throw your badly misinformed opinions out there like facts and lie on top of it.

I hope you dont think youre going to heaven, even if it exists.

BTW simple simon, the praying was sarcastic.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I have informed you numerous times that you say something, then do the opposite. Hypocrite. i.e. not reading nor responding to me. Something you continue to do. Funnily enough. no links needed - all in this thread.

Again, you assume too much - instead of just taking your word for everything, it is inclined in me, to ask for a semblence of proof, to at least help see your point of view. As you have given nothing new to the argument in days - id say that you should give up.

You're right though - your pride in yourself is nothing to be debated, just step back and enjoy the show your putting on at your own expense.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 18-1-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel
Hey, I'll give credit where credit is due. Most Christians have no idea that the second set of tablets recorded different laws than the first. As odd as this may be, I do not have the answer as to why this is the case, but it definitely isn't grounds for disproving or proving anything.

Most xtians have no idea about anything.

Why are the two books of genesis pretty much totally different?

Did he do it all twice in diff orders?

Yea, sure, and I could do a study showing that the amount of Mountain Dew you drink is directly related to your popularity with the opposite sex and somebody would eat it all up. I could probably even get published.

Hey I know lets claim you could ever do a scientific study, get peer reviewed and published! Thats the way to win a debate.

The sad thing is, those who actually study the scriptures are much wiser than any other people I have met.

No they just sound wise to simpletons who already believe the same things the simpleton does and just need it explained better.

Thing is though, there are plenty of non-christians who are just as... ignorant and uneducated.

I know lets make a blanket statement and try to infer it includes atheists when it most likely just refers to idiots of religions other than xtianity.

The Bible says

The bible says a lot of things. You ignore most of them. Lets not go quoting it now.

You would have a much stronger argument if you stopped trying to lump all Christians into one generalization.

My argument is a strong as they come. I believe the word you really meant for strong was "palatable". That way you could pretend it doesnt apply to you.

It does.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I have informed you numerous times that you say something, then do the opposite.

You can inform me all youd like, which you apparently have/will, but you have yet to show me where or when.

But you beg me for links and proof. Then say youve read a bunch of that stuff already that atheists "made" you read.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by watcher73]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

1. Begging is different to requesting a sample be given

2. Re read your own posts (unless you edited them) where you stated you don't communicate with idiots and that you were not going to READ MY POSTS OR REPLY TO THEM ...

Please, don't be "lazy" re read your own rubbish you posted. You'll find you have proven yourself wrong on your own. No help needed.

Now that is admirable, even for you.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by FeralMonkeyMagic]

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 18-1-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

LMAO, so you just wanted a sample LIKE THEY DIDNT EXIST, and when I put up all you could say was "i have read a bunch of this biased stuff before."

2. Re read your own posts (unless you edited them) where you stated you don't communicate with idiots and that you were not going to READ MY POSTS OR REPLY TO THEM ...

Please, don't be "lazy" re read your own rubbish you posted. You'll find you have proven yourself wrong on your own. No help needed.

Now that is admirable, even for an "idiot" like you.

So how about a sample of me being a hypocrite?

No links, just quote two opposing statements I have made in this thread. You claim theyre all over the place. Show me one.

Simply saying they are there and then telling me to find them when you were too lazy to look for or even read the links about atheistic morality is hypocrisy squared.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I have informed you numerous times that you say something, then do the opposite.

You can inform me all youd like, which you apparently have/will, but you have yet to show me where or when.

But you beg me for links and proof. Then say youve read a bunch of that stuff already that atheists "made" you read.

Now that is admirable, even for an "idiot" like you.

So how about a sample of me being a hypocrite?

No links, just quote two opposing statements I have made in this thread. You claim theyre all over the place. Show me one.

Simply saying they are there and then telling me to find them when you were too lazy to look for or even read the links about atheistic morality is hypocrisy squared.

lol - don't you REMEMBER writing this "I won't be reading any of your posts further" - Hypocrite.

Go back pages, for a full review of your own hypocracy.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

lol - don't you REMEMBER writing this "I won't be reading any of your posts further" - Hypocrite.

Go back pages, for a full review of your own hypocracy.

Ya, thats one, sort of, and coincidentally it has nothing to do with the debate.

Show me one that has to do with the debate.

I already know thats the only one you have. But you keep claiming theyre all over the place.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Anyway Watcher - nice to see you can't make a point and if you do, you contradict yourself.

Have a good day buddy - We'll see how long you can continue this on for!

As for me! i have other things to do!

Ta ta!

Look forwrd to seeing you label me as the "xtian" that "runs away" - how very mature of you.

You won't accept that your statement quoted was hypocritical, what makes you think ill waste my time demonstrating you have others? i.e intellecutal you are...

catcha brother!

[edit on 17-1-2010 by FeralMonkeyMagic]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Not even reading you anymore.

You came up with the idea, you make the thread. Its that simple.

If not run away like a xtian missionary in haiti, its up to you.

Theres my big hypocrisy for all to see.

I still havent read your posts in between when I said and when I started again(2-4 long-winded, but vacuous posts like the rest) since you were like a 2nd grader calling me a coward for now meeting your demands that I argue with you in someone elses thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Thats right, my big "sin" was saying I wasnt going to keep reading him and then changing my mind.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It is also quite telling that some xtians have agreed with me on numerous points, especially the hypocrisy of xtians. Their main problem being that I use the word "all" and "most".

They just dont want to be included. Awwwww.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73

Seeing as nothing I said was taken seriously at all, this is the last post I will be making in this thread. I may still check it out now and again but you wont see another post from me here unless I am directly asked what I think or know about a given topic involved.

I find it absolutely hilarious that you argue that my blanket statements are unfounded by using more and more blanket statements about Christians and other religions in general. Great way to prove your point. Just a thought. I never said all unbelievers were ignorant, just that there were plenty of them. You seem to think that all people who believe in any "god" are just stupid though.

My point about publishing any kind of study at all is that so many of them are corrupt and done incorrectly that they are for the most part completely useless. They are the very kind of things that keep people dumb and content and ignorant of all the things this website tries to expose.

The reason I leave now is that there is no reason for me to be here. You have been presented with the gospel and refused it outright, even to the point of mocking God and His followers. In the tradition of the disciples that Christ himself sent out, i am "shaking the dust off my sandals" and leaving you to your own ways and thinking. Your condemnation will be on your own head.

To the rest of you here. Farewell and God bless.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
this topic certainly fell far from the topic tree!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

true, but you could apply the same to any "activist"< like those twats that descend on Copenhagen over "climate change"- when they could be making a difference to people's lives now in cancer wards, with the homeless etc in their own cities

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

true, but you could apply the same to any "activist"< like those twats that descend on Copenhagen over "climate change"- when they could be making a difference to people's lives now in cancer wards, with the homeless etc in their own cities

I think you're right blueorder. If I can figure out a way to do that would you be willing to help me? It's O.K. if you can't but I think you are very very right and I wouldn't mind having an ally, even if it's only to cheer me up now and then while I'm fighting this fight. But you don't have to.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I'm not sure what you mean, "friend" status on here? sure

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Not here, wherever you are.

Would you (or anyone here) want to help me change the world?

EDIT: I just got it, you thought that was some kind of gay thing. No.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by factbeforefiction]

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join