It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little discussion about Revolution and the Declaration of Independance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

that dudes on the payroll
burning our tax dollars in front of our eyes

[edit on 15-1-2010 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Absolutely wonderful post, S&F. Every letter you wrote is true and at the moment I cannot think of anything to add to it. I'll have to sit and think, but our government is mostly criminal. The fraud and corruption are rampant and it only seems to get worse every year.

A return to the Constitution is what will save us all. Our politicians look at that great document as some sort of formality they must work around or an obstacle in the path of "progressiveness." They do not what is the best interest of the People, but what is in the best interest of themselves and it is time we rise up, take a stand and tell them enough! Their sins must be brought to bear so that all may see the dogs they have become!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Excellent thread! Well written, organized and well thought out. End, you've got way too much time on your hands!

Yes, I do have a lot of time on my hands. Idle hands and all that. My mind and my words have been my instruments for a long time, managerial training my whole life.

I have said in other discussions that TPTB, made a little mistake with this economic downturn. They did not take into account people like me, that would be unemployed, with nothing better to do than absorb information and spread our own beliefs. A very big flaw in their plans.

Excellent comments and other ideas. Yes, I do believe it is time for the list of grievance to be written and submitted. That right there may be the next step.

I only fear it is not already too late...

From your mouth to.......

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

Aviator 007, I like that handle.

I myself am an A&P Mechanic along with other education.

Thanks for the kudos on that post, I actually just looked through the original Declaration and then a just looked through a bunch of threads here on ATS.

For some reason it just broke down easily in my mind.

I am sure there are some things I have missed. There is no way I could have covered all of their corrupted influences.

Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
A great Post, Indeed.

Thing is, What's anyone gonna do about it? I think it's a waste of time trying to Educate anyone on what's happening. They read this thread,, maybe post a comment and off they go to read another thread. Norway Spiral, Perhaps.

So here's the thing. Everybody is sitting in their chair at home, watching TV, Playing Games on their PS3 or Wiii and not worrying at all about the state of America and her Allies. As long as it doesn't affect any one directly, No-one will do anything. Because at the moment, everybody can do basically anything they want as long as it doesn't break any Law. So in a sense they have an illusion of all the Fredoms they need. Governments work by taking away our freedoms by enacting Laws and saying it's the best for our Communities and the people will fall for it... Every time.

Look at all the Laws introduced after 9/11. See what I mean? Laws were made to protect us.. So we were told. All it did was give yours and my governments more power.

Nobody of any significance is really worried about what You or I have to say. Nobody with any Real Power gives a damn about us individuals. So, until it starts to affect the Majority of ones Freedoms,.. Nothing will happen. Even then it will take a lot to convince people of the Governments real intent..

Actually, if you really think about it, a lot of our Freedoms have been taken away and nothing happened anyway.

You might get a hundred or so people marching in the street shouting ths or that, but does it worry the Governments? Nope, not one itty bitty bit. The Governments have all the Power and the People have none. That's it in a nutshell.

I admire anyone who tries in vain to wake up the Sheeple but it's just no use. Everyone will still be doing what they're doing without any worry. Especially the Governments.

Oh, and one other thing I have noticed. When people have got together and protested against certain Laws, the Government then waters it down a little and this seems to satisfy the Majority. Then, sooner or later the Government then enhances that watered down Law so it becomes exactly what they wanted in the first place.

Anyhow, I'm off to read more about the China Spiral now..
Seeya.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

I kind of agree with your comment but there is one thing I think you are missing. I believe there was a vast number of people at the 9/12 protest. That right there scared even Glenn Beck. It scared the government so much they did everything in there power to obfuscate it.

Since then what has come about, more regulation, more control, more taxation, more, more, more.

We are on the eve of a possible revolution that must be taken advantage of.

Let us use their own techniques against them. Let us use crisis/solution against them.

Come on, you can feel it!

God Bless and Peace.

[edit on 1/15/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The jury is in, and the verdict is guilty.

It is now time for sentences to be handed down to the legislative, executive, and judicial branches of the federal government of the United States.

Our country is a tender box, and it’s only going to take a spark to ignite it.

They want civil war, don’t give it to them.

The simplest solution is to REMOVE ALL POLITICIANS IN 2010 - including Obama.
F.T.G.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
There is plenty that can be done before the guns come out. We need the majority of the people to get behind things.
1. take all your money out of banks
2. a national general strike
3. A pots and pans protest (Iceland did a great job with this one)
4. Buying boycotts
5. recalls (wherever local laws have a method)

I am sure there are more but it is a start.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

Yes, agreed. Let us use this crisis/solution technique against them.

Get them all out now.

We need to take advantage of this to stop the corruption riddled, elitist pampered, corporate/bankster oligarchy.

Thanks for your comments.

God Bless and Peace.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chett

Add to yours, jury nullification, voting them all out, think local etc etc etc.

Does anyone else feel the tide is changing?

God Bless and Peace.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seasoul

F.T.G.

The only problem with that idea is that we remove all the incumbents only to vote in MORE POLITICIANS! If we keep voting for the lesser of two evils, why are we suprised to learn the one we voted in is EVIL? (just slightly less so than the other guy
)

Politicians are the problem. They only have their own political career in mind. The only way we could break away from politicians is if we could break away from the 2 party illusion.

If we keep swapping out the same two false options we will get nowhere.

BTW, how do you intend to get Obama out during the mid-term election?
Just curious.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I like the way you talk. In fact, I keep a copy in my truck..and the Constitution, too. I believe every word and hold it dearly in my heart.
NOW, what is the tipping point? I believe we are in comparitive history...at about 1774-75, or maybe 1859-60. I believe that the upcoming 2010 election is our last chance for peaceful governence. If this passes, and the status quo is maintained, we may well see some form of domestic uprising by 2012.
Really? You saw the reaction to messing with healthcare. Imagine the outcry if they start messing with your savings and 401k accounts, and converting them to worthless T-bills. Maybe have your elderly mom turned down for some treatment under the new healthcare mandates. Telling you how warm or cold your house can be under cap n trade. Penalize you for ordering out pizza twice in a week because you're overweight?
The Revolution started because King George made life painful enough for the colonists. 70% did not want revolution, but enough confiscation of property, illegal search and seizures, burning houses of suspected rebels, raising taxes, and a few accidental conflicts with blood shed and BAM...revolt.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
People need to stop questioning when it's going to start, because if everyone is questioning it, that leaves no one to actually do something.

If you really want a revolution, stop talking on some internet chat forum, and do something.

Stop the talking, stop the whining, unless you are actually going to do something. Don't flounder around hopelessly wanting change. Change starts with one.

Me though, I do not want any revolution if it calls for ending lives.

Thanks for taking my point and echoing back. Folks talk about a peaceful revolution, but that's a long, slow, painful process I doubt would survive the American political system, let alone the American media meat grinder.

They also hint at armed revolt (the subtext under each peaceful revolution thread, despite them saying otherwise).

I am sickened more and more every day by what I see in this country, as the waves of human nonsense wash over me. A real revolt would probably hurt more than anything else. They could turn all that handy War on Terror money here domestically finally.

Anyway, I was only pointing out that the question was framed poorly (and normally is). It's coming, it's only a matter of time.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Great thread, I was just trying to explain to my friends why Im so nervous about our country and the bad shape it is in and how this last year has been the worse yet....unless you watch TV like them and are totattly unaware of what is really been going on.

Im going to copy and hand out to whoever.

s&f

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

F.T.G.

The only problem with that idea is that we remove all the incumbents only to vote in MORE POLITICIANS! If we keep voting for the lesser of two evils, why are we suprised to learn the one we voted in is EVIL? (just slightly less so than the other guy
)

Politicians are the problem. They only have their own political career in mind. The only way we could break away from politicians is if we could break away from the 2 party illusion.

If we keep swapping out the same two false options we will get nowhere.

BTW, how do you intend to get Obama out during the mid-term election?
Just curious.

There are leaders with integrity. History has proven this. Mahatma Ghandi is an illustration.

Ron Paul another example of a principled politician.

Politicians need to be held accountable. No more false promises, no more lies, NO MORE CORRUPTION.

Drag the liars out of office if need be. Seriously, we no longer have the luxury of waiting around and hoping that this den of thieves will ever GIVE US BACK AMERICA.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Thank you.

I just see a lot of these threads, and while we can talk all day about the way it should be, the fact remains that it's not and almost never was.

The problem with a very powerful central government, as we have now, is exactly what the founders said it would be.

So it is. Ee have the same problems they predicted we'd have, although I'd imagine it's worse then they could imagine: ease of money manipulation in a virtual world and the extreme advancement of weaponry and monitoring ability.

Peaceful revolution is a nice idea, and it's bandied around a lot, but it will take force to get it heard.

Either a) force through hardship or b) force through volume and repetition.

Ron and Rand Paul can't do it all, and to be honest, the majority of Americans do not know enough about the Constitution, political theory, history, or their own government to support them.

I don't mean to sound like a defeatist, but the chips are down and it's a very hard long battle. One that won't be won by folks talking on a chat board.

I would propose a national civil disobedience campaign. Something serious and not to be taken lightly, but that's not something that we can talk about around here.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

What you just posted I have seen on many websites over the last couple months.

The correlation to the American Revolution or the beginning of the Civil War.

I hope the government is listening, because if they are not and want this to happen, the country will be ripped apart.

I have had it with the taking of my freedom and my labor.

I will not be a slave to my country.

Yes, I hope the powder keg does not blow.

God Bless and Peace.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

Yes, there are good leaders out there. Problem is, they are few and far in between. Most don't have the resources to take on the MSM.

I fear, if we do throw out the bums, the people will just hold their noses, press the R button and feel they have instituted change. In the end we'll just get a new brand of bums to continue the downward spiral.

Only by overthrowing the 2 party system can we effect real change.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Impeach Obama Today – It’s Your Patriotic Duty!

End the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan – Tomorrow

www.ivaw.org...

[edit on 15-1-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

IMPEACH OBAMA TODAY – It’s Your Patriotic Duty!

On what grounds?

You have to make the case against him, not the other way around.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join