It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two quakes shake Oklahoma County; one is strongest in 12 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
DATE LAT LON MAG DEPTH REGION
15-JAN-2010 15:18:25 35.59 -97.26 4.0 5.0 OKLAHOMA

newsok.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I wont what Pat Robertson will say now

[edit on 15-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

The lockdown at the Nuclear PLant in Texas drew my attention to the Oklahoma Earthquakes earlier today. I don't think it was related, but two Earthquakes in Central Oklahoma on the same day seemed odd.

Prior to the Earthquake in Haiti many people in Miami, FL reported rumbling ground and vibrations but Earthquake monitors did not pick it up. There are a lot of threads about the Seals leaving their home harbor in California after 25 years, birds leaving places where they have been common for 20 years or more, and there are a lot of reports of strange "thunder" all over the world.

Our local newscasters were talking of thunder a couple of weeks ago when the severe cold first hit Florida, the weatherman said it was definitely not thunder, but he heard it several times as well, and he had no explanation for it!

The Earth is doing something fishy, and it is trying to warn us, but are we listening? The birds and seals are smarter than we are it appears!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I reside near the epicenter of the earthquakes that hit this morning. The first one was just a gentle rattle. The second one sounded like a loud boom. My house felt like it jumped up and slammed back to the ground. The rafters in my attic sounded like a bunch of matchsticks breaking. No damage to my home thankfully.

I was pretty unsettled with the ordeal and called my insurance company to add earthquake insurance to my house policy.

This was my first experience with an earthquake. However, there have been numerous small quakes within the last year. So much so.....the USGS is setting up shop in Oklahoma City to monitor the area.

Jeez....I never would have thought we would have to deal with both tornados and earthquakes.

Sent my very small donation to the Red Cross for those suffering in Haiti. Please donate, even if its just ten dollars. It all adds up.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i wouldn't worry too much, its just Yellowstone getting ready to pop. that is a very big boom and it takes a few days to gather up its full force. we prolly have a few weeks. just remember if you see the ash cloud, stay inside for a long time. that stuff isn't good to get into your lungs.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
They done made a deal with the devil.

They is cursed for wanting independence I tells ya!

True history.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

See, when you say something like that it reminds me of the image of rats deserting a sinking ship.

top topics

join