It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile phone masts and health in the news again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Mobile phone masts and health in the news again

blogs.telegraph.co.uk

The community of Craigavon in South Africa were surprised by what the mobile phone company behind a new mast had to tell them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The erection of a new mobile phone mast is often met with local opposition, with complaints of headaches and rashes among the postbag. Sincere people report that their symptoms disappear when they spend time away from the mast, only to have them appear again when they return.

iBurst, the South African mobile network, had just that experience when they built a tower in Fourways Memorial Park near the town of Craigavon near Johannesburg, in August of last year. A member of the Craigavon Task Force, a local residents’ group, emailed to say that local people had suffered from ‘headaches, nausea, tinnitus, dry burning itchy skins, gastric imbalances and totally disrupted sleep patterns, especially with some of the children.’

blogs.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Funny thing is when i accidentally pushed the [CV] button on my cell phone, one of the news channel's headlines pushed cell phones as having the potential for reversing the effects of Alzheimer's.., which may be true, but i think it's more like there are people out there who want to entire world linked up to these things, while thinking that they aren't harmful at all. Because there are better alternatives than EM technology.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by thaknobodi]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Anyone ever question if this could just be mass hysteria?
These are people who are probably not used to seeing such contraptions being erected. As far as we know maybe they started worrying over the thing being built causing themselves to get headaches and other problems.
I am not trying to push a pro cell phone agenda here but I feel simply believing their problems are caused singularly by the tower itself is not looking at the other possibilities for their ailments.

Personally I do not believe radio frequency energy at 800mhz using less than a few watts of power (cell phone towers) is going to cause anyone health problems unless they are grabbing on to the antenna with their bare hands.
If people should worry about anything it should be those land line cordless house phones at 2.4GHz. That's right next to a microwave ovens frequency of 2.45GHz. Much more potentially dangerous than the much lower frequency and power of cell phones.
But what do I know. I have only been working with radio electronics for 10+ years in depth. Maybe I am immune to high powered radio transmitters sitting right next to me

[edit on 1/15/2010 by darklife]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklife
Anyone ever question if this could just be mass hysteria?
These are people who are probably not used to seeing such contraptions being erected. As far as we know maybe they started worrying over the thing being built causing themselves to get headaches and other problems.
I am not trying to push a pro cell phone agenda here but I feel simply believing their problems are caused singularly by the tower itself is not looking at the other possibilities for their ailments.

Personally I do not believe radio frequency energy at 800mhz using less than a few watts of power (cell phone towers) is going to cause anyone health problems unless they are grabbing on to the antenna with their bare hands.
If people should worry about anything it should be those land line cordless house phones at 2.4GHz. That's right next to a microwave ovens frequency of 2.45GHz. Much more potentially dangerous than the much lower frequency and power of cell phones.
But what do I know. I have only been working with radio electronics for 10+ years in depth. Maybe I am immune to high powered radio transmitters sitting right next to me

[edit on 1/15/2010 by darklife]

Good question. I think not. A lest scientific evidence suggests that as the greater part of the body communicates with weak magnetic and electric signals, these can be disrupted. The point is the the strength of the signal - if it is something that jams your relaxation brainwaves, it can be weak but more disturbing than stronger equipment emitting diffferent RF. Research has proven also that melatonine decreased in the neighbourhood of masts. I lived near some of them and practically could not sleep for months. Now in the country, it was immediately peaceful, but as soon as they erected a Wi
Fi transmitter over teh enxt house I had to go get prescriptions for a sleeping pill. I found out about the existence of the small mast much later since It is not as big as phone ones are. Suggestion is thus out of the question. All this research is available on the Net just scroogle it. In New Zealand they even measured hormone levels of animals - there it is forbidden to have them near a house or a church...

top topics

join