It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Nearly 2,000 Dead in Caribbean Floods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Nearly 2,000 people are reported dead in the Caribbean after two weeks of persistant rain caused major flooding in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. A 3,600 strong American led force have come to the Caribbeans aid, with crops and infrastructure damages' estimated at millions of dollars.

BBC report

(BBC News)
With makeshift morgues filling up, fear of disease means that the dead are now being buried in mass graves.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well this looks pretty bad guys, my heart goes out to all those effected by this...I was in the Dominican Republic earlier this year so it comes as a bit of a shock to know this beautiful place has had such damage afflected.

Related News Articles
www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by Banshee]

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I feel so sorry for the victims of natural disasters. How terrible.
It is a real shame that we cannot distribute the rain around the world where it will do good and not harm.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This is an awfull disaster, I heard that there is a possible 900+ bodies
found in one town which is yet to be confirmed. so i imagin this death toll is going to rise

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I have edited the title to reflect the new death toll estimates and included the news article at the bottom of the original ATSNN article.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This news has been all over the papers here in Puerto Rico since the flooding was pretty bad in some places here on the island. But not as bad as those places.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I am from puerto rico, and we deal we this type of whether every other year after all this are tropical islands, the problem is that as the population increased this tragedies and lost of life will be greater.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am from puerto rico, and we deal we this type of whether every other year after all this are tropical islands, the problem is that as the population increased this tragedies and lost of life will be greater.

Good to see another fellow puerto rican on the board. Spread the word about ATS my friend. Spread the word.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Thank you very much it is a pleasure to meet you.
My parents are still in PR. I am in GA. due to my husband line of work.

new topics

top topics

join