It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Satanic blessing on our powerful "Christians".

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pixanomaly

Yeah, so?
That's a pic from one of my friends from the WHN who decided to play a prank on me for my birthday.
I don't see what it has to do with any of this.
And if you're trying to embarrass me, you're failing miserably.
You're taking, or at least, trying to take a cheap shot at me instead of engaging in civil conversation and using fact to back up whatever pitiful argument you seem to be barely able to muster.
I'd almost feel sorry for you, if you'd maybe try harder.
And to put a commercial for some cheese product as your argument is just redirection because you have no capability for sound argument.
So, what?...you googled me or something?
Yeah, I'm f'n famous from my band interviews and cd reviews.
So what?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Though sarcasm be the lowest form of wit - the aim of this thread was an attempt to ridicule those who hold to a certain faith, the timing of the post not lost on some of us either. As far as your claim to be an adversary of light, it doesn't hold up to scrutiny - for if the darkness demands cos-play then you just serve to perpetuate the veil of who the real enemy is, no more.

The mouse further proves I overestimated your mental abilities; Here the diminutive creatures portrayal of existence is far more honest than yous.

A word of advice; when the time comes, with arms outstretched longing to embrace that which you believe is your dark master - do not be surprised if your expectation is greeted with a swift kick in the nether regions for missing the point of what it is darkness opposed.

In summary do not throw a punch unless you are prepared to take one.

I now leave both this thread and you to dwell in the realm of ignorance.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pixanomaly

Though sarcasm be the lowest form of wit - the aim of this thread was an attempt to ridicule those who hold to a certain faith, the timing of the post not lost on some of us either. As far as your claim to be an adversary of light, it doesn't hold up to scrutiny - for if the darkness demands cos-play then you just serve to perpetuate the veil of who the real enemy is, no more.

At what point did I claim to be an adversary if 'light'? What sense does that even make? You're equating light and dark with the primitive concepts of good and evil. And what are you talking about 'cosplay'? My friend photo-shopped my head on a ballerina's body, and I thought it was rather funny. Are you even reading the same thread as anyone else?

The mouse further proves I overestimated your mental abilities; Here the diminutive creatures portrayal of existence is far more honest than yous.

Um...no. It's a freakin' cheese commercial.

A word of advice; when the time comes, with arms outstretched longing to embrace that which you believe is your dark master - do not be surprised if your expectation is greeted with a swift kick in the nether regions for missing the point of what it is darkness opposed.

Dark master? What are you going on about? I'm not sure if you can read properly, but I have said time and time again that I don't believe in an anthropomorphic devil being. So, there is no 'dark master' and you're really just talking out of your arse right there.

In summary do not throw a punch unless you are prepared to take one.

Just tell me whom I was attacking and I might be inclined to agree.

I now leave both this thread and you to dwell in the realm of ignorance.

Yeah kiddo, you do that. I hope it works out for you.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pixanomaly

Yeah, YOUS. As in, 'I must have underestimated the intellect of yous guys.'

Nothing better than a few pointless 50 cent words strung together for the appearance of some type of intellectual superiority only to be slammed back into the earth by the users complete lack of knowledge about how words work together in sentences.

I need a good laugh.

Thanks "yous" guys.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

Lillydale, my darling, just let the baby have his bottle.
He's trying the whole 'my sense of humor and intellect so far above yours that you can't even understand it' approach, and I'm guessing that he isn't quite sure how to go about it.
He thinks he's clever because he had the foresight to google me and thought that perhaps I might find it shocking.
He doesn't understand the thread, and won't understand because he's too busy being clever.
I hope it works out for him.
However, his spitefulness is awfully...'Satanic'...wouldn't you agree, darling?
Anywho...I think halfoldman pretty much hit the nail on the gspot with this thread.
It's confused, it's confounded, it's caused uproar and allowed those who consider themselves 'of the lamb' to show that they're not above petty behavior, bigotry and spitefulness...the very things they have accused people like you and I of.
Speaking of what...I made my first enemy, and received my first threat, however veiled it happened to have been, via u2u because of this thread. I'm actually kind of shocked that it took this long.
I guess I must've rattled a cage or two

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

LOL. Why is it that I am not surprised it took a 'good Christian' to decide to send a hateful message and foe you. I am sure that is how their Jesus would have done it.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

I guess because people like that believe they're doing 'god's will' or something along those lines, so it matters not what depths of depravity they sink to. They always have a way to justify it.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pixanomaly

This thread was never intended to "mock" any faith. (Unless you define your faith by certain men, who are such corrupt frauds that even many Christians have turned from them.)
It was a highlight of how power, even the most deadly power exists, even behind the "loving" facade of mainstream religion.
In fact it celebrates the connection between the religious mafia and the paradigms of amoral (Satanic) power.
People of other faiths mock themselves with the powers they support.
That is their filth and not ours.
The only attempts of "mocking" anyone are once again directed at the few who dare speak the glaring truth.
That's OK - one day they'll run out of answers for their blatant hypocrisy and hate, and their "revolution" will eat its own children.

PS. Just came on for a peek, and I was quite horrified at the judgement thrown our (my thread's) way. Gonna relax and listen to King Diamond's "The Eye". A timely reminder of how far fundamentalism will go, and a great album.
What I find strange is that being "Satanic" suddenly makes me feel like a "good guy", and although I never want to be an "evil guy" (in a hurtful sense), this "good guy" stuff is ruining my reputation, and its way too much responsibility.
It's really hard to be legally "bad" when religion is already so wicked ...

[edit on 26-1-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I was asked much earlier in the thread: if somebody makes a statement about Christianity, does it mean anything to a true Christian?
The implied answer, I guess, was "no".
So when they come here, not even protecting their Lords and prophets (who were never really disputed), but POLITICAL tyrants, then we must know that rationale declines. Why do they feel the need to take on these men's causes?
I suppose they defend their "power", which is admirable.

But if somebody comes here to "knock" or "punch" a Satanic mystic, then what are you trying to achieve?

So enjoy your "power" by insulting my Satanic brethren, but to paraphrase my first point, don't think you're fooling anyone into thinking there's anything righteous or good about yourself - any worm can do something for someone without knowledge.
It's just another rip in the rags of religion - hidden behind rhetoric, violence and intolerance.

If people from the "righteous" horror theatre insult me, then I know I'm doing something right.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The idea of "good vs evil" is a little dated in my opinion as there is not really such a thing. There exists the desire to serve others or serve yourself. Forget the Catholic Church, forget all priests that molest boys, the Crusades, etc and look at Jesus Christ. He lived what essentially could be called a completely "service to others" life. Of course his message has been somewhat hurt by what SELF SERVING people (The Vatican, Benny Hinn, etc) have done with it, using it to achieve more power, money, territory, etc, however that does not take anything away from the message Jesus was teaching.

On the other side of the coin, you have Satanism...strictly a "service to self" ideology regardless if it's Theistic or Atheistic Satanism. LaVey himself extolled the virtues of individuality and self indulgence...quite the opposite of the Law of One and the Bible among others. Regardless of what you think about Christianity a lot of good can still come from it's teachings. A good example is Calvary Chapel Ft Lauderdale. They do countless things in our community for the good of others. Driving around widows with no transportation, feeding the hungry, clothing people, visiting the sick, they even had an emergency fund for people that were losing their homes to foreclosure. How often do Satanists raise money for charity, or run soup kitchens?

My point is all Satanist i've ever met seem to think they are not different from everyone else, but better. More intelligent, more "enlightened" if you will. They look at everyone else in the classic "sheeple" sense. In the end, there is no right and wrong path. Only your path, and all paths will eventually lead back the One Infinite Creator.

I'm a Christian but above all else, i am not all knowing...and until i am TOLERANCE, TOLERANCE, TOLERANCE.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Poopra

Very good as a philosophical piece.
However, the type of Christianity pushed in the US evangelism at the moment says there is no "path to God". Either you directly connect with God via faith in His sacrificail - Son Jesus Christ - or you're going to hell with Satanists, Muslims and Hindus.
If one considers Satanism and modern atheism as a reaction to fundamentalism, then it is easier to understand. Yet, LaVey's Satanism isn't interested in blaspheming Christianity with inverted crosses, or "black masses". It is a distinct movement. So it is not simply inverted Christianity.
From a personal view-point I can however say:
The whole story of Jesus is a lie, his words are a lie (since He never existed) and therefore to me His character is a liar.
You see, when Christians want to convert you, they give you 3 choices about Jesus:
1. He was a liar
2. He was mad
3. He was the son of God and spoke the truth
This is where they intimidate a lot of Christian-raised people, who want to claim he was a "good person", or a "prophet".
The fact is He claimed to be divine, and I can say that is a blatant lie, He was a character invented by other liars.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

In terms of Jesus Christ, there is much corroborating evidence that Jesus Christ was real and did in fact live the way it was written. If Jesus Christ never existed, it would seem a little foolish for Emperor Constantine to entertain the Councils of Nicaea for example. The historian Flavius Josephus, in the book Jewish Antiquities wrote:

"At that time lived Jesus, a wise man, if he may be called a man; for he performed many wonderful works. He was a teacher of such men as received the truth with pleasure. . . .And when Pilate, at the instigation of the chief men among us, had condemned him to the cross, they who before had conceived an affection for him did not cease to adhere to him. For on the third day he appeared to them alive again, the divine prophets having foretold these and many other wonderful things concerning him. And the sect of the Christians, so called from him, subsists at this time" (Antiquities, Book 18, Chapter 3, Section 1).

In terms of religion, Radical Fundamentalism is a distortion in the same way that Radical Islam, radical anything essentially. I grew up in a Baptist home and was always alarmed at how judgmental Christians can be. Did Jesus not eat and spend his time mostly with societies outcasts (prostitutes, tax collectors etc)? If anything, modern fundamentalists behave more in line with the Pharisees of that time, whom Jesus had many altercations with. There are many "truths" in religious texts, yet there are many things that are manipulated by either powerful people or powerful beings. It's funny how every denomination fights about details in doctrine yet the important points like "Love your neighbor as yourself" are largely ignored.

I also find it amusing that the Vatican claims to be the foremost authority of God on Earth, yet would Jesus really approve of their banking practices and enormous wealth? If Jesus ran the Vatican, all of their money would be used in feeding and clothing the poor, not shady investments and silly hats.

Even as a Christian, I don't believe in pushing my ideas on anyone else. With such a limited understanding of the biggest questions in the world (who are we, how did we get here, what is God, etc) how can i be sure that my path is "better" than a Hindus path, or a Zoroastrian, or an Aborigine etc? I can't, therefore there is no right or wrong path, only your path. Had i been born in Saudi Arabia, I'd be a Muslim. Do i do deserve eternal damnation for that? Of course not. It's just another point of view. God gave you free will and a discerning mind for what if not to make choices? I wish people would search more for God on their own instead of just being indoctrinated into a mindset that ties your ego, beliefs, and emotions together, which makes it incredibly hard to change your point of view.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Poopra

In terms of Jesus Christ, there is much corroborating evidence that Jesus Christ was real and did in fact live the way it was written. If Jesus Christ never existed, it would seem a little foolish for Emperor Constantine to entertain the Councils of Nicaea for example. The historian Flavius Josephus, in the book Jewish Antiquities wrote:

"At that time lived Jesus, a wise man, if he may be called a man; for he performed many wonderful works. He was a teacher of such men as received the truth with pleasure. . . .And when Pilate, at the instigation of the chief men among us, had condemned him to the cross, they who before had conceived an affection for him did not cease to adhere to him. For on the third day he appeared to them alive again, the divine prophets having foretold these and many other wonderful things concerning him. And the sect of the Christians, so called from him, subsists at this time" (Antiquities, Book 18, Chapter 3, Section 1).

In terms of religion, Radical Fundamentalism is a distortion in the same way that Radical Islam, radical anything essentially. I grew up in a Baptist home and was always alarmed at how judgmental Christians can be. Did Jesus not eat and spend his time mostly with societies outcasts (prostitutes, tax collectors etc)? If anything, modern fundamentalists behave more in line with the Pharisees of that time, whom Jesus had many altercations with. There are many "truths" in religious texts, yet there are many things that are manipulated by either powerful people or powerful beings. It's funny how every denomination fights about details in doctrine yet the important points like "Love your neighbor as yourself" are largely ignored.

I also find it amusing that the Vatican claims to be the foremost authority of God on Earth, yet would Jesus really approve of their banking practices and enormous wealth? If Jesus ran the Vatican, all of their money would be used in feeding and clothing the poor, not shady investments and silly hats.

Even as a Christian, I don't believe in pushing my ideas on anyone else. With such a limited understanding of the biggest questions in the world (who are we, how did we get here, what is God, etc) how can i be sure that my path is "better" than a Hindus path, or a Zoroastrian, or an Aborigine etc? I can't, therefore there is no right or wrong path, only your path. Had i been born in Saudi Arabia, I'd be a Muslim. Do i do deserve eternal damnation for that? Of course not. It's just another point of view. God gave you free will and a discerning mind for what if not to make choices? I wish people would search more for God on their own instead of just being indoctrinated into a mindset that ties your ego, beliefs, and emotions together, which makes it incredibly hard to change your point of view.

I cannot agree with the points on the existance of the historical Jesus. Since Josephus himself may have written the Gospels on his voyage and the NT, he is hardly a reliable source. Is there anything outside Josephus and the glaringly fraudulant addition to the Dead Sea Scrolls? Nope - Nothing.
The "peaceful" nature of the contemporary Christ is challenged several times (Luke 14: 26-7; Matt 10: 34-39 and Luke 22: 35-38).
I'm convinced that all these legends were what Celsus called: "It has served us well, this myth of Christ".
For one Christian church to call another corrupt, is like the pot calling the kettle black.
I think the top compilers of the Bible, like Pope Damascus (around 380 years after the supposed crucifixion) were black magicians and Satanists.
Everything else is the most laughable collection of lies!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Tertullian's letter to the Roman Senate is widely considered genuine:

"At His own free-will, He with a word dismissed from Him His spirit, anticipating the executioner's work. In the same hour, too, the light of day was withdrawn, when the sun at the very time was in his meridian blaze. Those who were not aware that this had been predicted about Christ, no doubt thought it an eclipse. You yourselves have the account of the world-portent still in your archives.

But, lo, on the third day there a was a sudden shock of earthquake, and the stone which sealed the sepulchre was rolled away, and the guard fled off in terror: without a single disciple near, the grave was found empty....

All these things Pilate did to Christ; and now in fact a Christian in his own convictions, he sent word of Him to the reigning Cæsar, who was at the time Tiberius."

The verses you mentioned can be explained as Jesus spoke largely in metaphor, i don't want to get into theology so as to not kill the thread LOL. We still only have parts of the puzzle, maybe one day we will see the entire picture.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Poopra

When the stone was rolled away from the tomb, who was there, according to various Gospels?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join