It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Satanic blessing on our powerful "Christians".

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
reply to post by halfoldman

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried."
~GK Chesterton

A very good quote! I would like to add one that I believe should accompany it.

Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well....

I have been away from this site for four months, this thread is one of the first I have come across and is pretty disappointing to say the least.

It is the equivalent of telling everyone you are aware of your own stupidity which does nothing other than give the word more meaning these days.

Ah well, whatever sinks your boat.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I would just like to assure everybody who might have read anti-Satanic propaganda that I love my cat and I'm a staunch vegetarian.
ANIMAL SACRIFICES AND SUCH THINGS ARE FORBIDDEN IN THE SATANIC BIBLE.
Therefore rest assured - no animals or people may be harmed, unlike your KFC extravaganzas (yuck).

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Well stranger, who ever you might be, I'd just like to say welcome back.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Thanks for the welcome back.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
There are a lot of names and descriptions for this (alleged) entity including:

1. Shaitan, Islam The Devil; Satan.
2. An evil spirit; a fiend.

Lu·ci·fer (ls-fr)
n.
1. The archangel cast from heaven for leading the revolt of the angels; Satan.

dev·il (dvl)
n.
1. often Devil In many religions, the major personified spirit of evil, ruler of Hell, and foe of God. Used with the.
2. A subordinate evil spirit; a demon.

And these do not belong exclusively 1) to the English Language 2) to Christianity or any other organized religious group 3) any "bible"
Anybody can toss this name and/or word around in any way they like. I only suggest looking closer into origins, contexts, objectives.

I do have one favorite interpretation from a skewed Christian context offered with apologies...

I find the name "Lucifer" to be fascinating. In studying Latin in college I learned something that led me to make my own assertion, so what follows is coming from my interpretation of this name:

Fer comes from the Latin verb ferre: "to move" as in the English words "Transfer" (take from here to there) "Aquafer" (water carrier) and others. In Latin, Lucis or Lux is the word for "Light".

So Lucis Ferre is "Lucifer" or Light Bearer and I think more in tune with the Greek myth of Prometheus who was punished for stealing Fire from the Gods of Olympus who then bestowed it upon mankind as a euphamism for knowledge, wisdom, or intelligence. Prometheus can be regarded as a renegade from the jealous and selfish power of Zeus who thus punished Prometheus for helping mankind. This hardly depicts the Christian story, however; but can also be inferred from the story of Eve in the Garden learning a new idea from a certain Serpent...

All stories from the past including religious books can be interpreted from complex writings and stories thus leaving a freedom of interpretation for those who choose to carry on a tradition, oppose it, or transform it as they wish.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
OK Team, I need to post an update to my last one:
When I wrote that some very short time ago, I was describing something I had come up with by myself from Latin Class at San Diego State University. I remember the pride (how Satanic of me eh?) from having learned this from my own studies. However, as the Wikipedia article inserted below, this was not unknown prior to my "independent" realization. So I am reiterating it now. Some (abominable) intellectual honesty on my part. But more fascinating information as well....
(oh yes, and I did know that Lucifer was referred to as the Son of the Morning, but I did not know why....Stick around ATS and you are prompted to learn all sorts of stuff )

Lucifer is a Latin word, literally meaning "light-bearer", which in that language is used as a name for the dawn appearance of the planet Venus, heralding daylight. Use of the word in this sense is uncommon in English, in which "Day Star" or "Morning Star" are more common expressions.

In English, "Lucifer" generally refers to Satan, although the name is not applied to him in the New Testament. The use of the name "Lucifer" in reference to a fallen angel stems from an interpretation of Isaiah 14:3-20, a passage that speaks of a particular Babylonian King, to whom it gives the title of "Day Star", "Morning Star" (in Latin, lucifer),[2] as fallen or destined to fall from the heavens or sky.[3] In 2 Peter 1:19 and elsewhere, the same Latin word lucifer is used to refer to the Morning Star, with no relation to the devil. However, in post-New Testament times the Latin word Lucifer has often been used as a name for the devil, primarily in fictional works.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dromadus

And of course God and Lucifer are together when they take a bet on Job's faith.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Hail to You whose off-spring,
Shall never inherit the yoke.
Hail to the New Age of Lucifer,
Where mankind shall enjoy,
Godly status over His neighbor.
Hail to the Prosperity Gospel,
Which does exactly the same.

Hail mankind, hail Thyself.
Shehamforash.

HS good brother!
There are those who would rather shoulder the yoke than shoulder responsibility...
To them, I take no pity.
Strength to the strong, responsibility to the responsible!
Ave Satanis!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
You do know that Satanism is a branch of Christianity, right?

Then you know nothing.
True Satanism has absolutely nothing to do with christianity.
The term was taken from Hebrew, and means adversary, as in, being adversarial to anything that requires you to act without thinking for yourself.
Which, you've displayed fantastically.
Read up on this stuff before claiming that someone else is more ignorant than yourself.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

I would just like to assure everybody who might have read anti-Satanic propaganda that I love my cat and I'm a staunch vegetarian.
ANIMAL SACRIFICES AND SUCH THINGS ARE FORBIDDEN IN THE SATANIC BIBLE.
Therefore rest assured - no animals or people may be harmed, unlike your KFC extravaganzas (yuck).

Weird...I'm an ardent Satanist, and have been a strict vegetarian for well over 13 years.
Small world, eh?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

On Satanic vegetarianism: small world indeed!
But maybe it's not surprising, as you intimated: "power to those who are responsible", and to those who find consistancy without hypocrisy.
Our promised land is now, but paradoxically it is the hardest journey.
To all the posts on Lucifer: thank you. There is no specific teaching on that.
To me personally Lucifer is like Prometheus of Greek myth.
He brought mankind fire in defiance of tyranical gods.
How can he not be our hero and champion?
Well, the devil made me do it all, I must confess.
The devil in me.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Yeah ive heard about lots of satanists being vegitarian and/or completely opposed to alcohol and drugs. I read the satanic bible and at least some of the satanic rituals. Just a teenage interest i guess. I'm past that crap now. I still enjoy listening to black metal though (but i am most definitely not evil or racist in any way).

I dunno maybe if id become a vegan teetotaller i might have really gotten into satanism, but then I wouldn't have enjoyed mayhem and emperor (bm bands) as much without the friends I met when i was drunk!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by HERACAT

Satan is not a construct of Christianity. Satanism goes back much older then that. Anyone who the people worshiped before Christ is by the churches definition Satan, your imaginary red horned Satan is simply Pan and other Forrest gods.

Sorry to burst your bubble true Satanism is not about Christ.

The Satan that Spiritual Satanism worship is ENKI. The Satan the church talks about is not the same Satan as what all all Satanists worship.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by C-DNA

Wow, it seems you met some hardcore people, because I love my wine and beer, and good food. Hey, I'm just vegetarian, otherwise I love my vices. I try to find a balance and also to exercise, and know how to mix a mean herbal tea with combinations for various ailments.
There are no real rules: just know the possible side-effects and consequences of whatever you do before you make your choice.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

That is very true, because a "horned devil" is not even in the Bible. So where does this imagery come from?
For me Satan is an archetypal motif that contracts all the power, sex, desire and fun under one image.
We usually do practice magic and study it.
However to me magic is just natural law put into psychodrama.
Many other groups also do magic and witchcraft. The difference is, I do not feel bound by their rules, and if I really hated somebody enough, I would feel no guilt in cursing them.
It's like the fundamentalist Christians say: pray for revenge from "our vengeful" God.
Its really a means to live without guilt, and if you feel guilt then it's telling you to change something.
It's very individualistic, so many Satanists will not be vegetarians.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Satan to me seems more like a mis-understood being. Not that I am a satanist I just research all religions, but yeah "Satan" appears to be a being that wanted humanity to evolve, to become more scientifically and spiritually adept. The other religions all same the same things about him, father of lies and the like but then look at what these others gods have brought mankind.

I agree with the post about him being some form of Prometheus. He came down to try and teach mankind and was punished for it. Fire is apparently his thing, but fire is not a bad thing. Fire was the very first thing that mankind used to better itself. It fits into the ENKI EA legends too, ENKI came down and helped humans to better themselves so they could avoid the coming destruction, and was punished.

Who knows if it's true but from my own research it sure seems it's getting mighty easy to blame Satan for every bad thing in this world, what is god really so helpless?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

The "Satanic Bible" is very short, it can be read in one sitting.
So it does not prescribe on paradigms or wider beliefs.
I'm a big fan of Zitchin, and I believe he also goes into similar territory of very brave beings who attempted to teach mankind, even while they were prohibited by a vengeful "God being".
Those beings in the myths were heroes, because without their derring-do we'd be even more ignorant and silly than we are now.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Originally posted by yeahright

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried."
~GK Chesterton

A very good quote! I would like to add one that I believe should accompany it.

Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Well, what is the "Christian" ideal?
Apart from the status quo, what should we even be aspiring to?
Nice post, a bit vague though.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Well, that's the thing about Satanism.
There is no anthropomorphic 'devil' character, nor is there an anthropomorphic 'god' character. Satanism is the antithesis of externalizing our godhood potential, it's about the realization of our own inner power. When we externalize our power under the illusion of some kind of 'god', then we give up that very power and the responsibility that comes along with wielding such power. Most people would rather be stripped of their power and have someone else make the decisions for them because there comes a certain comfort in herd mentality complacency. There are those of us who ardently refuse to worship any type of external 'deity' because we refuse to deny our own nature, our own godhood potential. I for one, believe in indulgence of the earthly pleasures, whatever they may be (as long as we're at peace with them, and they fall within the basic confines of the laws of the area you live in, with some very minor exceptions) and not to deny oneself simple pleasures because of guilt forced on us from some 'religious authority'. Often times, when looked at with scrutiny, those same religious authority figures are indulging in the very same pleasures the moment they are behind closed doors. Satanism is about the removal of hypocrisy...don't tell anyone not to enjoy what they enjoy if you are unwilling to deny yourself on the same level. However, we stress social responsibility, leading by example. Don't have a certain public facade and then be the opposite in private, that's hypocrisy of the most virulent form. Be honest with yourself on every level, not necessarily allowing the entire world into your choice of life style, but be consistent in your personality. Only weak and easily manipulated people provide a public facade because they have that need for social acceptance, they're too afraid of people judging them. I say, ignore people's judgements! Those who are quick to judge are often indulging in the very same vices as yourself, but they do so in private while publicly voicing against them and their partakers. Hypocrisy! This is something that Satanism seeks to eliminate, because humans, while still animals (sometimes better, but often worse than those who walk on four legs), should know better than to force limitations on others that they themselves are unwilling to set for themselves. Have the conviction and strength of character to say 'This is me. This is who I am and I make no excuses or apologies for my nature!' Indulge in 'vices', for they make us appreciate the work it takes to earn such rights. Lead by example. Strength to the strong. Responsibility to the responsible!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join