It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N Asks for Global Internet tax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

"""World Health Organization (WHO) is considering a plan to ask governments to impose a global consumer tax on such things as Internet activity or everyday financial transactions like paying bills online.

Such a scheme could raise "tens of billions of dollars" on behalf of the United Nations' public health arm from a broad base of consumers, which would then be used to transfer drug-making research, development and manufacturing capabilities, among other things, to the developing world.

The multibillion-dollar "indirect consumer tax" is only one of a "suite of proposals" for financing the rapid transformation of the global medical industry that will go before WHO's 34-member supervisory Executive Board at its biannual meeting in Geneva.

The idea is the most lucrative — and probably the most controversial — of a number of schemes proposed by a 25-member panel of medical experts, academics and health care bureaucrats who have been working for the past 14 months at WHO's behest on "new and innovative sources of funding" to accomplish major shifts in the production of medical R&D.

WHO's so-called Expert Working Group has also suggested asking rich countries to set aside fixed portions of their gross domestic product to finance the shift in worldwide research and development, as well as asking cash-rich developing nations like China, India or Venezuela to pony up more of the money.

"""

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Isnt this great first they want to spread the wealth by cap and trade, when that backfires they want to tax your internet usage... What kind 1984 stuff is this... The UN is an Un-elected Appoint group, I wonder what the back lash for this would be.

Is that even legal here in the US?

[edit on 15-1-2010 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Im getting tired of all these SCHEMES. Government scheming on how to get our money.

I got a good idea. Tell these big Pharma. companies to quit being so damn greedy. That might help us out.

We deffinately live in a world run by GREED and POWER. One time, a long time ago, I heard that MONEY was the root of all EVIL.... Maybe that was a dream though. IDK?

MessONTheFED!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
All of our governments are the same controlled by the Elite money makers. I look forward to one day the people will rise and destroy these worthless fools and start all over.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
MORE taxes!? but in the world nothing can be said to be certain except death and taxes, how true. I really don't know why people haven't already revolted and lynched their leaders simply because of the staggering amount of taxes they try to get away with.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Personally, I think politicians across the world ought to be taxed.

IMO, they are the ones who are most responsible for the current state of the world.

Furthermore, many of these politicians are very rich thanks to the status they have and sometimes, the legislation they pass.

Let them finance the UN, WHO, and all other world agencies.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by jam321]

new topics

top topics

join