It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decapitated juvenile seals found on Tyneside beach

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Decapitated juvenile seals found on Tyneside beach

This makes me sick!
I am all for seal hunting when it is regulated, and for the Inuit people who eat them and use their fur for clothing, but this gratuitous act absolutely sickens me!!!

I hope they catch the monster(s) who did this!!

Peace,

Magnum

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Wow they only went to kill the baby ones that’s really sick!

Hope the people who did this get caught ASAP, Personally I think that these sorts of acts (killing Animals in this way) are only stepping stones into turning into being a murderer of Humans as well.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the article doesn't give much information. It says there were 5 dead seals, all juvenile, three of which were decapitated.

It does not, however, say if this was done by people. It only says their deaths were not caused by natural causes, as was evidenced by the decapitation. Seals, like humans, don't suffer from spontaneous decapitation, despite the old dandelion childhood chant.

So, before getting upset with humanity for this, just remember, the sea is a nasty place. Everything is eating everything, and death often comes slowly. This could have been an animal attack, at least based on the information given in the article.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

An animal attack?? Personally I can't see that...

An animal should only really want to kill for food or defence, I know there are a few exceptions but it's a pretty good general rule, I can see maybe one being decapitated by something like a killer whale (although in UK waters??) and the body being left but 5??? Nope this seems like human activity to me - must be.

The people who saw the bodies must know from the wounds whether a tool was used or what.

It could most likely be local fishermen who feel the seals are cutting into their catches.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Some sharks have been shown to kill for pleasure, as have dolphins. Dolphins in particular like to kill baby seals. As there's so little information, I'm just saying it's not something we can discount.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
salomon fishing is the thing were i live and as a kid fishing with a rod i used to talk to the local net fisherman on the river banks and they used to encourage me to throw rocks at seals to keep them away from the nets at the time as they did them selfs. wich i did for the odd trip in the boat so i wouldnt put it past the fishermen . if it was them then i see both sides of the stuggle . p.s this is only 70 miles south of me . i dont justify it tho. had a few if this dosnt make sense by the way, it is friday

[edit on 15-1-2010 by danielhanson420]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Some sharks have been shown to kill for pleasure, as have dolphins. Dolphins in particular like to kill baby seals. As there's so little information, I'm just saying it's not something we can discount.

You're reaching, IMO. These animals were just decapitated, not mauled.

But it would be stupid to blame Canadians in general for this. Most likely a couple of teenage kids decided to prove to each other they were tough and could pretend to be sealers. There are stupid punks growing up wild in every country.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
But it would be stupid to blame Canadians in general for this.

Are there many Canadians in Whitley Bay?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone watch the Discovery Channel?

This is clearly the work of sharks.

Case Closed!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
sorry maybe i got the location wrong did you mean witley bay northeast uk

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

But it would be stupid to blame Canadians in general for this.

Are there many Canadians in Whitley Bay?

There are probably more Canadians there than seals, - now.

Besides, it's irrelevant. We all know that Canadians are a bunch of uncivilised seal-squishers. Therefore we don't need to ascertain the actual presence of Canadians. The presence of dead seals provides ample proof that the evil Canucks have been there already.

The motivation is obvious. In true Canadian style, they have turned the heads of these beautiful creatures into gaudy red seal caps.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

yes lets blame people thousands of miles away and while were at it lets blame Germans for the holocaust, Muslims for terrorism and Americans for the actions of their government. you obviously have problems with Canadians either that or its sarcasm that i didn't get in which case i apologise.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
reply to post by Kailassa

yes lets blame people thousands of miles away and while were at it lets blame Germans for the holocaust, Muslims for terrorism and Americans for the actions of their government. you obviously have problems with Canadians either that or its sarcasm that i didn't get in which case i apologise.

But some of my best friends are Canadians!

I was making fun of the sort of people who condemn races, nationalities etc for the actions of a few.

Pointing the finger at a group is rarely justified.

My apologies for the meaning of my post not being clear.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Not necessarily. The article says all 5 died unnatural deaths, three of which had their heads removed. It doesn't say if the heads were still there or gone. It doesn't say what state the bodies were in. It does say that the person who discovered them was "caused a lot of distress" by their discovery, insinuating that even the two who still had their heads weren't fun to look at.

The only indication that this was done by man is the line asking for help in the investigation. Well, that and our cultural assumption that man is the epitome of evil and animals are pretty much perfect.

Edit: Fixed link

[edit on 1/16/2010 by junglejake]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Not necessarily. The article says all 5 died unnatural deaths, three of which had their heads removed. It doesn't say if the heads were still there or gone. It doesn't say what state the bodies were in. It does say that the person who discovered them was "caused a lot of distress" by their discovery, insinuating that even the two who still had their heads weren't fun to look at.

The only indication that this was done by man is the line asking for help in the investigation. Well, that and our cultural assumption that man is the epitome of evil and animals are pretty much perfect.

Your URL doesn't load.

Whose to say predatory animals are not "perfect"? They are following their instincts and should not be expected to act differently.

Presumably humans are capable of a little more introspection, empathy and self-control.

Of course man is "the epitome of evil," when evil is a term invented to describe the worst behaviour of man. Man is also the epitome of goodness, in different places, at different times.

The term "unnatural death" is not used for an animal killed by a predator animal when they are both in their natural environment.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Maybe it's an end time message interpreted as the 5th Seal in the book of Revalation:

The Fifth and Sixth Seals The fifth seal pictures a time of great tribulation-including a martyrdom for religious convictions. The New Testament, along with Revelation, emphasizes its impact on the spiritual people of God-his own Church. The great tribulation also falls on what was God's physical nation-the House of Israel, or the descendants of Jacob's 12 sons. Jeremiah wrote of this period and the events that immediately follow. He cried out: "Alas! For that day is great, so that none is like it; and it is the time of Jacob's trouble" (Jeremiah 30:7). Daniel called it "a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation" (Daniel 12:1). It is the same time described by Jesus in Matthew 24:21. This distress would climax in the death of mankind if Christ failed to intervene in human affairs (verse 22). Immediately following the great tribulation of the fifth seal come the cosmic disturbances of the sixth seal. These herald the beginning of the very last days. As Robert H. Mounce put it, this is the "grim announcement that the end of the world was at hand." John writes: "I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake

Haiti obviously comes to mind!

[edit on 18-1-2010 by pharaohmoan]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You gotta be kidding!! Tell me you just told a really bad joke and don't believe what you just said.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Enlighten me -- what in that article said it was done by man?

My point was to help people look at the facts that are given before we apply all of our prejudices and assumptions into it. I believe I don't have the information to be able to conclusively say what took place there. It seems I may be the only one, though.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

An animal attack?? Personally I can't see that...

An animal should only really want to kill for food or defence, I know there are a few exceptions but it's a pretty good general rule, I can see maybe one being decapitated by something like a killer whale (although in UK waters??) and the body being left but 5??? Nope this seems like human activity to me - must be.

The people who saw the bodies must know from the wounds whether a tool was used or what.

It could most likely be local fishermen who feel the seals are cutting into their catches.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble here my friend but I just sat down and watched a monster quest episode where they displayed this very act. And by what kind of creature you will ask? The one creature you wouldn't expect to simply bite the heads off the seals and leave the corpse behind to rot.

A Great White.

So, indeed animals do kill just because. Well, in these cases it is assumed that it is simply an act of territorial aggression. Of course the scientists who spotted this and such were amazed. They would constantly find the bodies of these seals floating around. Many of them with their heads simply bitten off. Cleanly too. At first they thought it was hunters but it turns out that it is just Great Whites doing what they do.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

In an earlier post I asked if anyone watched the Discovery Channel. It was, in fact, The History Channel that I saw this on.

Monster Quest was the show!

Nice Catch!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join