It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Pantex, (Nuclear Plant), on Lockdown

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Breaking: Pantex, (Nuclear Plant), on Lockdown

www.newschannel10.com

-- The Carson County Sheriff's Department says Pantex is on lockdown.

They wouldn't release anymore information except that they have a number of sheriff's officers at the nuclear facility, and they are investigating.

NewsChannel 10 will keep you updated as information becomes available.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.nukeworker.com...

[edit on 1/15/2010 by x2Strongx]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is a nuclear facility located in Amarillo, TX that is currently in "Lock-Down" status.

Not really sure what is going on there right now. Not a lot of information. I'll be searching all the local sources to find out more information.

The additional links... is information on the Pantex Facility itself. Will update you as soon as I hear something.

www.newschannel10.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Source: Pantex

Pantex Plant's primary mission is to:
Assemble nuclear weapons for the nation's stockpile
Disassemble nuclear weapons being retired from the stockpile
Evaluate, repair, and retrofit nuclear weapons in the stockpile
Demilitarize and sanitize components from dismantled nuclear weapons Provide interim storage for plutonium pits from dismantled nuclear weapons Develop, fabricate, and test chemical explosives and explosive components for nuclear weapons and to support Department of Energy (DOE) initiatives.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Source: Fox News

DEVELOPING: A Texas nuclear plant is on lockdown, the Carson County Sheriff's Department said. Several officers are at the Pantex Plant investigating. The plant reportedly activated its Emergency Response Organization at 8 a.m. Friday in response to a possible security situation. Pantex employees have been moved to a safe location. The Pantex Plant is a nuclear weapons assembly and disassembly facility.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hi there!!! You beat me by 5 minutes on this story.......

I live 2 hrs South of hear and they just announce this but nothing else??

I totally HATE news channels on TV! They are not a relieble source at all for any kind of area emergency...

Anyone find out anything else please post ASAP!!! TY!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well... all I have read so far is that there was armed hunters in the field across from the plant and this was the reason for the lockdown... Hmmmm I wonder if that's true...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Would there be any scanner activity on this event?

Anyone remember where the online scanner deal is? Might be worth a check of the local freqs..

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
here's the TX online listings..

www.radioreference.com...

nothing around Carson county though...going to try Childress, which appears to be the closest county that is available.

edit to add:

looks like the whole radio reference deal is down awaiting an equipment upgrade..

only thing working that I could find is from Houston, and that is probably TOO far for any help in this matter, but just in case here's that link:

www.police-scanner.info...

scroll down to Harris county and select:

Texas - Harris County Emergency Communications Center

[edit on 1/15/2010 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
Well... all I have read so far is that there was armed hunters in the field across from the plant and this was the reason for the lockdown... Hmmmm I wonder if that's true...

Why, pray tell, would armed hunters cause a lock down??? How else to hunters appear - if not ARMED?? I do not believe it!! Like this is the first in the history of man that armed hunters have hunted around this plant??

I think something IS going on but they are afraid of letting the masses know for fear of panic. I was where 3 Mile Island happened back in the '70s and that was real and they lied to us then!!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

BAHAHAHAHA!!! If it is because of armed hunters, man this is so funny!!! Can you spell P-A-R-N-O-I-A??? LOL...

Peace,

Magnum

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

BAHAHAHAHA!!! If it is because of armed hunters, man this is so funny!!! Can you spell P-A-R-N-O-I-A??? LOL...

Peace,

Magnum
paranoia, maybe?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There is nothing on the RSOE EDIS site, and it is usually the first to break these stories! If that site is not reporting anything, then it means no distress or emergency calls went out.

Sounds like the Hunters may have just been a security threat but nothing big.

EDIS is reporting two Earthquakes in central Oklahoma though! Probably not related but still odd!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Looks like a false alarm?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Sounds like the Hunters may have just been a security threat but nothing big.

Hmmm... Must be the first time hunters have hunted there then!

IRM

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The fact that there is a nuclear weapons facility, in plain sight and vulnerable apparently, in the "heartland" of America as if it were some automotive plant... is just sad. A plant spoken of as if it were some corporate industry pillar of the community, and it's sole purpose is to add to the stockpiling of nuclear weapons and the deconstruction of old and useless weapons.

I feel ashamed to be a citizen here.

All that aside, I imagine it's just a public field test on alertness and to see how fast the news travels, among other things. Though, it will never be announced as such. That, or someone is trying to blow the place up, or a patriotic Texan saw a Muslim.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
official notice

The Plant is in a lockdown status and the situation is being evaluated in order to facilitate security actions. Pantex employees are sheltered-in-place.

Pantex’s response effort is being conducted by the Emergency Response Organization, a highly trained group of employees with detailed knowledge of plant operations and emergency response procedures. These employees represent plant functions such as security, logistics, safety, medical response, radiological assessment, firefighting, operations and public information.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by sporkmonster]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I used to have an internship at an explosives plant in Missouri. I saw the biggest deer and turkey that you could imagine!! I dreamed of hunting there, but of course it was off-limits and a good portion of the surrounding land was off-limits as well.

Still, they often found people trying to hunt a little closer and closer, because the lure of those big 'ol deer was just too much! They even fired employees for sneaking their hunting rifles onto the grounds and trying to nab a deer!

I suspect people have often hunted near that Nuclear plant, but only our pop/panic culture have made it into a national news event! I suppose if us Missourians were paranoid, our day to day activities could have made some hairs stand up on the coasts and sold a lot of newspapers and tv ads as well!!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu...

Still nothing on this site, and it far outranks the news outlets in my opinion! This site is run by HAM radio operators, and it lists all emergency calls. It will show vehicle accidents, and airplane incidents that never make the news! It shows them whether there is any injuries or not. Last year it reported on an Anthrax scare at an embassy in Fiji, and it provided daily updates, but I never saw a hint of it on any news outlet.

If RSOE doesn't have it, it isn't an emergency!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It could be a supervillian. Just saying.

line

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Operational Status
Shift 1 – Grave (A) 12:00am – 8:30am The Pantex Plant is open for normal grave shift operations. All personnel are to report for duty according to their assigned work schedule.
Shift 2 – Day (A) 8:00am – 4:30pm The Pantex Plant is open for normal day shift operations. All personnel are to report for duty according to their assigned work schedule.
Shift 3 – Swing (A) 4:00pm – 12:30:00am The Pantex Plant is open for normal swing shift operations. All personnel are to report for duty according to their assigned work schedule.

It looks like it happened as day shift was starting. I wonder if someone tried to sneak in as an employee?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join