It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kent Hovind turns 57 in Prison - The Cost of Stupidity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Kent Hovind noted New Earth "scientist", creationist, and conspiracy theorist turns 57 today as he sits in Federal Prison on a 10 year sentence.

Was his crime believing the earth was only 6,000 years old?

No.

Was his crime believing that God created the earth in a real 7-day week?

No.

His crime was believing that the laws of our country don't apply to him.

But why did he come to this? Unfortunately, many people who begin to experiment with changing their belief system from within, sometimes begin to think that the objective world just doesn't even exist at all.

It's one thing to say that it is less important than the subjective world and write your own narrative... everyone here knows that I am the staunchest proponent of "reframing reality". However, you can't just assume that the objective sphere will be fine with your reframing.

This reminds me of the passage from RamDas's book "Be Here Now" where he visits a schizophrenic friend who is locked in a psych ward. The friend swears that he is locked up because he is Jesus and "they" know it... Yet Ram Dass says to him "Of course you are Jesus... so am I... but you don't see me locked up in here".

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
he must be one of those "freeman on the land" types.
the ones that capture their strawman.
court room floors are bloodied by ther corpses.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think this is an important point for many members of this website. As one begins to see the falseness in what is considered "common sense" he does have a tendency to disregard the rules of the society built upon it. It's understandable, many of the laws that we have are little more than political restrictions with no real contribution to society. Yet, we do require some sort of guideline by which to ensure our survival. Clearly, ethics, as opposed to laws and morals, has an important place in society and life in general.

To remove the "blinders" increases one's awareness, but it only creates positive results in one's life to the degree that the knowledge is applied to ethics. Simply put, if you don't apply your knowledge in a way that increases your ability to survive, along with your family, community, country, species, etc., then what good is it really?

Mr. Hovind didn't realize that simple truth, but the society that he acted against did. When the society became aware of his actions it chose to apply that knowledge ethically (to the best of its abilities) by forcefully removing Hovind from the society. Simple.

Never forget, your awareness is only beneficial to yourself and others to the extent that you use it ethically.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by randolrs1

You make an excellent point there.

Very well said!

top topics

join