It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Influx of Haitian Immigrants to U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well... as you can see in the title... I'm predicting that there will be a major influx of Haitian immigrants that will be coming to the United States and a lot of other countries. Most likely... our politicians will decide to give them tax breaks, money, etc... at the expense of the tax payers here. Soon you will see Haitian communities around big cities along with Haitian business' that of course is bought with our own money as well. Eventually, the American dream will be more accessible by these Haitians than the natural born people here in the United States.

Wikipedia: Immigration to the United States

While an influx of new residents from different cultures presents some challenges, "the United States has always been energized by its immigrant populations..."[citation needed] At the 1998 commencement address at Portland State University, U.S. president Bill Clinton voiced support for immigrants, including immigrants from Asia and Latin America when he said that "America has constantly drawn strength and spirit from wave after wave of immigrants...They have proved to be the most restless, the most adventurous, the most innovative, the most industrious of people.[5]

Now... the question is: What kind of people are we getting from this country?
Source: Wikipedia (Haiti)

Half of the children in Haiti are unvaccinated and just 40% of the population has access to basic health care.[39] Even before the earthquake, nearly half the causes of deaths have been attributed to HIV/AIDS, respiratory infections, meningitis and diarrheal diseases, including cholera and typhoid, according to the World Health Organization.[40] Ninety percent of Haiti’s children suffer from waterborne diseases and intestinal parasites.[41] Approximately 5% of Haiti's adult population is infected with HIV.[42] Cases of tuberculosis (TB) in Haiti are more than ten times as high as those in other Latin American countries.[43] Some 30,000 people in Haiti suffer each year from malaria.[44]

Well... it looks like we are pretty much supporting them now... so what's the difference?

Foreign aid makes up approximately 30–40% of the national government's budget. The largest donor is the United States followed by Canada, and the European Union also contributes. Venezuela and Cuba also make various contributions to Haiti's economy, especially after alliances were renewed in 2006 and 2007.

I'm not completely against helping people in the time of need... I'm hoping that if some disaster happens that there will be people there to help me and my family. But, is it fair to give them more advantages to starting over in a new country over the citizens itself?

I maybe wrong... Hell, I hope I'm wrong... but we have all seen this before and will see it again.

Just my two cents that I had to get off my chest...

[edit on 1/15/2010 by x2Strongx]

new topics

join