It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which of the 8 Quantum Realities do you subscribe to?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Or perhaps do you believe something else?

8 Quantum realities

Nick Herbert's book Quantum Realities has me absolutely fascinated. I ove cosmology but I am not sure honestly which of his eight proposed realities I believe in. Do any of you have your minds made up yet? why?

Not here for argument...I truly want to know what you arguments are.

Short description of each

-Kyo

[edit on 15-1-2010 by KyoZero]

[edit on 15-1-2010 by KyoZero]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I am definitely number 4:

Quantum Reality #4

Reality consists of a steadily increasing number of parallel universes.

This is the many worlds interpretation created by Hugh Everett. For any situation in which several different outcomes are possible, all outcomes actually occur. In order to accommodate different outcomes without contradiction, entire new universes are created, identical in every way except for the single outcome that gave them birth.

When I first read into Quantum Mechanics (beginner's level) this is a theory that seemed evident to me and I believe warrants further research. It is an almost unbelievable concept, infinite realities? How can that be?

However, looking at the Quantum Mechanics, observed electrons and the like this theory jumps out at me.

If anyone knows of any decent books that cover this subject at a beginner's level then I would much appreciate a PM.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This:

Consciousness creates reality.

+ This:

Reality is created by observation.

With a little bit of this:
www.theresonanceproject.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I'm all for #7..

Nick Herbert is a mad genius.. He looks like hes straight out of a comic book and backs up that crazy look with some crazy talk..

Check this video out.

Hes also one of the guys behind Flash memory (usb sticks/SSD drives)..

Nice job on bringing this guy up on ATS.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Ultimately, the 6th version appears to be the only measurable one to date. It does not mean that is the answer, but for now, this is the starting point of where we are at until other aspects are proven.

Remember, Most of QP is yet unproven..and until solid proof is in, then it is basically just faith/belief/religion (not to mean its wrong mind you, just unproven)

Quantum Reality #6
The world is made of ordinary objects

This is the neorealism view. An ordinary object is an entity which possesses attributes of its own whether observed or not. With certain exceptions such as mirages, illusions, and hallucinations, the world outside seems populated with objectlike entities.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Quantum Reality #2

Reality is created by observation.

Quantum Reality #4 Reality consists of a steadily increasing number of parallel universes.

Quantum Reality #7

This view is at the centre of many religions. An apparatus endowed with consciousness, such as a sentient human being, is able to create reality. The one observer that counts is the conscious observer.

I believe that there are an infinite number of possible universes but your path through those universes is a constant one, when we make a choice we are doing so as conscious beings. This defines where we end up in terms of which reality we inhabit.

This is the true meaning of Karma.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e957a33e8130.jpg[/atsimg]

Peace out

Korg,

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

I like #3. Wouldn't it be nice to know? All I can do is think it, though.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
1&2&7

Quantum Reality #1
There is no deep reality.

Quantum Reality #2

Reality is created by observation. (mainly possible interaction)

Quantum Reality #7

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

So far I am mostly into QR#4 (Many Worlds) as well. Fascinating concept and I think a very possible one. Admittedly though I still have much to learn in cosmology and QM

Let's get you started

MW
Site

Many Worlds In One
Book

Enjoy! And keep those multiple actions going

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It's definitely number 3.

It has to be, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I believe in a mixture of modesl 2, 3 and 7

[edit on 15-1-2010 by gYvMessanger]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I have to say No. 7.

Why? Well "reality" is how I perceive the world around me and every decision I make influences my "reality" so my conscious creates the world as I see it.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
''What the two parts of the Copenhagen interpretation (Quantum Reality #1 & 2) have in common is the assertion that only phenomena are real; the world beneath phenomena is not.''

So what is meant with ''real''.

new topics

top topics

join