It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House calls Robertson's Haiti comment 'stupid'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

right if were gonna make what he said logical we need to first acquire the right mind frame first and foremost any religion outside our own is wrong and prosecutable by death the center of the universe is earth the earth is flat if you believe science or found studdying science out side the supervision of the church it is prosecutable by death anyone found practicing another religion would be tortured until he gives his faith in god or dies!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Pat Robertson is an idiot. But what would people be saying if the shoe was on the other foot and someone was claiming something so ridiculous about a disaster that happened in the US...Oh wait, Robertson got that one too along with a bunch more idiots.

Robertsons Katrina Comments

I love how it is said that god works in mysterious ways, yet so many can claim "god did it" for whatever situation suits them.

I find comfort in knowing that one day Pat Robertson will be in heaven and I will never have to see him again.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
The comments were stupid, but I also find it stupid that the whitehouse seems to be able to make a comment the day after this little thing but the president couldnt seem to make a comment over the attempted Dec. 25th underware bombing for 3 days because he and his family were too busy playing tennis and eating shaved ice while on vacation.

And were you equally outraged when Bush took an entire week to comment on the shoe bomber incident that mirrored this exactly, or do you just hate Obama and will find fault with his every action regardless of the merit?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
accidental double post... sorry.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Angus123]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

If he doesnt repent of his bigotry and arrogance, he will never get to heaven. He says that he is a servant of God, but all I see in him is an ego tripper with an unlimited travel pass. Let the demons have him, heaven can do better.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think Every nation on earth has made a deal with the Devil. That is why Daniel 2:44 says that God's Kingdom is going to crush and put an end to all the kingdoms of the earth.

That does not mean though that the catastrophe in Haiti or anywhere else has anything to do with Gods wrath. Pat Robertson is a con man and a charlatan and deserves to be ridiculed for his lack of empathy.

Many of you hate Christianity or religion in general. I completely understand why, given the idiots who claim to be Christians but do not display Christlike qualities.

Robertson should remember that the Bible says that sometimes things just happen for no apparent reason. So it is stupid to try to lay blame.

(Ecclesiastes 9:11) 11 I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.

Gibbs response was fitting.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Yeah, well, that's why I started practicing Buddhism, because that teaching still has the values Christianity lost.

I was born and raised Christian. Not only was I prejudiced, but I was ignorant and cruel as well. The experience held me back from fulfilling my desires most of my life.

These people are so mean they have no idea when they are hurting each other. I have numerous personal testimonies to that. Every Christian who has come here to claim the Haitians deserved this tragedy, in any way, shape, or form, needs to meditate upon the Cross.

As for the ones who do not, who know better and do otherwise, you shall be judged as you judged your fellow man. Then you will fully know the wrath of the God that you worship.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

OK, add yourself to the list, but I would also add that you are also a disgusting bigot, and not a "Christian Voice", but an "Ignorant Voice" and the "Voice of the Klu Klux Klan"!!! I said Ignorant, because if you had bothered to do the least bit of your own research, you would have discovered that Haiti is a predominantly Christian nation, not a 'heathen nation' as you stated. But don't take my word for it, see for yourself!!! 75% are ROMAN CATHOLIC!!! And last I checked, that was a Christian Faith!!!

I still fail to see what that has to do with the deaths of TENS OF THOUSANDS, unless of course, your 'Christian' sympathy for others only applies to fellow Christians... You are a sad and pathetic excuse for a human being...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Like all religions Buddhism has it's own share of religious hypocrites. Im glad you are happy with it though.

It's just too bad that people can claim practically any religious affiliation they choose without really having to live up to the ideals and values that religion professes.

It is for this reason that when Islamic terrorist blow up a bldg and kill people, other Muslims can claim that these terrorists were not real Muslims, because Islam is a religion of peace.
Or when Buddhist in Sri Lanka or Cambodia kill millions for ethnic or political reasons that other Buddhist claim that these killers were not real Buddhists or they wouldn't have done such things.
Or when Roman Catholics in Haiti practice a mixture of Catholicism & Voodoo, other Catholics around the world dismiss them and say that they are not real Catholics....and so on and so on......

So now we have a deluge of self professed Christians trying to put as much distance as possible between them and Pat Robertson.

It all boils down to this simple fact; A person can claim that they are worshiping God and that they are even doing God's work, but their works reveal what they really are. Matthew 7:;20-23

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Yes Robertson is an idiot.

Did anyone from the WH have Nything to say about Danny Glover blamming the Copenhagen climate talks? He's pretty much claiming "god did it" too. I'm a fan of consistency. If they're goig to start stating people are idiots they should cover their bases rather than pick and choose. Lest they appear petty, biased, etc.... Or better yet they could keep their mouths shut regarding stupid things like this.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Not to steal the thundar or derail the thread, but i think Robertson is a prime example/case for the mental in fundaMENTAList... in sum, a prized asset of the powers that be, to distract us from their dealings in the shadows.

Thanks to December_Rain for the insights gained here.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
So now the White House is telling a Christian that he is stupid to believe what he believes? Will the White House start telling Jews and Muslims they are making stupid comments also?

Obamarama continues spinning out of control.

I guess it would be wrong to say that to him because he also said we got 9-11 because of feminists and gays

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
There is one more party Pat needs to apologize to.

Dear Pat Robertson, I know that you know that all press is good press, so I appreciate the shout-out. And you make God look like a big mean bully who kicks people when they are down, so I'm all over that action. But when you say that Haiti has made a pact with me, it is totally humiliating. I may be evil incarnate, but I'm no welcher. The way you put it, making a deal with me leaves folks desperate and impoverished. Sure, in the afterlife, but when I strike bargains with people, they first get something here on earth -- glamour, beauty, talent, wealth, fame, glory, a golden fiddle. Those Haitians have nothing, and I mean nothing. And that was before the earthquake. Haven't you seen "Crossroads"? Or "Damn Yankees"? If I had a thing going with Haiti, there'd be lots of banks, skyscrapers, SUVs, exclusive night clubs, Botox -- that kind of thing. An 80 percent poverty rate is so not my style. Nothing against it -- I'm just saying: Not how I roll. You're doing great work, Pat, and I don't want to clip your wings -- just, come on, you're making me look bad. And not the good kind of bad. Keep blaming God. That's working. But leave me out of it, please. Or we may need to renegotiate your own contract. Best, Satan
source
Edit for bb code

[edit on 1/16/2010 by Matyas]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
There is one more party Pat needs to apologize to.

Dear Pat Robertson, I know that you know that all press is good press, so I appreciate the shout-out. And you make God look like a big mean bully who kicks people when they are down, so I'm all over that action. But when you say that Haiti has made a pact with me, it is totally humiliating. I may be evil incarnate, but I'm no welcher. The way you put it, making a deal with me leaves folks desperate and impoverished. Sure, in the afterlife, but when I strike bargains with people, they first get something here on earth -- glamour, beauty, talent, wealth, fame, glory, a golden fiddle. Those Haitians have nothing, and I mean nothing. And that was before the earthquake. Haven't you seen "Crossroads"? Or "Damn Yankees"? If I had a thing going with Haiti, there'd be lots of banks, skyscrapers, SUVs, exclusive night clubs, Botox -- that kind of thing. An 80 percent poverty rate is so not my style. Nothing against it -- I'm just saying: Not how I roll. You're doing great work, Pat, and I don't want to clip your wings -- just, come on, you're making me look bad. And not the good kind of bad. Keep blaming God. That's working. But leave me out of it, please. Or we may need to renegotiate your own contract. Best, Satan
source
Edit for bb code

[edit on 1/16/2010 by Matyas]

That was bloody brilliant! Cheers mate!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

Freaking awesome and so true. This only proves my point that the man is an usurper christian, a wolf in sheep's clothing who stands in the back of the rows and provokes all the poor defenseless sheep into ripping themselves to pieces while he looks on with his plastic smile and humble demeanor.
Didn't Jesus warn us about men like him?
The true children of God know better and have stood in silence for way too long. We need to pull these monsters down from the pulpits and expose them for what they are. Yet we must "be as wise as serpents yet harmless as doves"
The war between the sons of light and the children of perdition has indeed begun
I know it's a bit preachy but those who love truth and righteousness will understand..

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
I wonder if the world forgot completely about the large earthquake in California a few days earlier. Let's see hhmm, a white actress dies named Farrah and it gets a moment of attention until a black man named Michael dies then her story is dropped like a bad habit. Then an earthquake hits Cali and does serious damage, granted nowhere near the death toll but it is here in America and then all of a sudden a tiny BLACK nation not here in the US has an earthquake and all of a sudden the freakin world stands still. We get a black president and the world has gone black crazy. Haiti is a heathan nation and maybe he had a point about what he said. I seriously doubt it but perhaps.

Not very Christian, if you ask me

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm not the head of a church or a student of religion or a saint or even a Doctor of Divinity.

But it does seem to me that Jesus wanted us to "do unto others as ye would have them do unto you." That's one thing from Sunday school I haven't forgotten.

What I take from it is that we should do whatever we can to help the Haitians. Whether or not they have made a pact with the devil or even whether or not they "deserve" it is of no consequence.

We are trying, at least, to do the right thing by our fellow man. That is only appropriate.

Pat Robertson's theories about the devil are just irrelevant.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join