It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House calls Robertson's Haiti comment 'stupid'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

White House calls Robertson's Haiti comment 'stupid'

news.bbc.co.uk

The White House has dismissed as "stupid" comments by evangelist broadcaster Pat Robertson suggesting that quake-struck Haiti was cursed.

Spokesman Robert Gibbs said he was amazed by the remarks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

During a broadcast on his Christian Broadcasting Network, Mr Robertson suggested the Haiti's earthquake was divine retribution.

He said Haiti had sworn a pact with the devil when it freed itself from French colonial rule.

The White House said the comments were completely inappropriate.

"It never ceases to amaze, that in times of amazing human suffering, somebody says something that could be so utterly stupid," Mr Gibbs said.

"But it, like clockwork, happens with some regularity."

White House rarely is in news doing something appropriate...but ths is one incident to which White House responded appropriately.

A recent you tube video

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
LoL .... ahaha, yes !!!! give it up for Mr. Gibb's and the white house !!!

Finally, some sense, in a senseless world.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

notice that Haitian American chap doesnt mention the slaughter of white babies in his talk of Haitian freedom
just 300 years of slaver

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Pat Robertson has been a nutcase for awhile, but he use to be likable. Now I think it's time for him to retire before he destroys what he created.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
So now the White House is telling a Christian that he is stupid to believe what he believes? Will the White House start telling Jews and Muslims they are making stupid comments also?

Obamarama continues spinning out of control.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
So now the White House is telling a Christian that he is stupid to believe what he believes? Will the White House start telling Jews and Muslims they are making stupid comments also?

Obamarama continues spinning out of control.

No White House is not telling a Christian that he is stupid to "believe what he believes", but they are calling him stupid for making "stupid" statement specially in time of crisis.

"It never ceases to amaze, that in times of amazing human suffering, somebody says something that could be so utterly stupid," Mr Gibbs said.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I suspect it is President Obama that told Gibbs what to say and in a diplomatic way. I suspect that President Obama would have used some curse words to describe Patty the Satan Hunter.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

"All men are created equal "

The Haitian "Hans Mardy" working on the emergency relief committee,
takes the superstitions and slanderous remarks towards the Haiti people
and slams pats judgment... right up against the wall

The Haitians have fought long and hard for hundreds of years to gain their own freedom from slavery and dictatorship

They did not sign a packed with the devil ....instead they fought for the freedom against the enslaving French and won

What a powerful speech from Hans Mardy...
spoken straight from the heart

December_Rain ...thanks for posting the video

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xsheep

Looks like they've accomplished quite a bit with that freedom of theirs. They've got a mighty education system and one serious world class architecture program. We can only be thankful they didn't invent the atomic bomb down there in Haiti.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

founder of numerous organizations and corporations, including the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN), the Christian Coalition, Flying Hospital, International Family Entertainment Inc., Operation Blessing International Relief and Development Corporation, and Regent University.[1][2] He is the host of The 700 Club, a Christian TV program airing on channels throughout the United States and on CBN affiliates worldwide.[1]

source en.wikipedia.org...

Here's the real kicker, this man is very likely to go down in the pages of history as one of the greatest christians of our time... not to mention endorsed by millions to go straight to heaven when he passes. In his infinite stupidity=ignorance he unfortunately represents a large segment of our populous; intellectually lazy and grossly misinformed.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't get the brouhaha over Pat Robertson's remarks on Haiti. If you've ever watched The 700 Club then you know that the man has made a career out of saying stupid and callous things, not to mention duping the braindead out of their money. Why is that, all of a sudden, he's over the line? He's ALWAYS been over the line.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

Who are we to judge. We are priveleged to come from a continent that is not an island nation and has abundant natural resources and did not have to suffer invasion and war nonstop through out its formative years.

Is it fair to judge so harshly a people whos history is one of occupation?
We should not be so quick to judge when we have not lived their history. It is quite possible we do not know all the variables being juggled in that country.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by godless

To be honest I have never comes across the guy so don't know what he say regularly...I found this remark on eve of such a crisis as callous idiotic ridiculous and not to forget stupid. He may be king of cult or land or a saint, that does not change the fact he deserves to eat a shoe on such a statement.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Pat Robertson made a stupid comment, one that is not founded upon any religious history that one could believe in.

Stop pointing blame at Obama... this press secretary made the right comments in this case.

Besides, Pat Robertson is a racist, dogmatic dinosaur, lets not defend him.

We don't need to set our civilization back any further than our country already has.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
In his position he perhaps you shouldn't say it, but then again when politicians lie it ain't accepted either. Anyway, what he said is what I personally thought too. They have experienced everything: poverty, civil wars, natural disasters and so on. Could it be worse?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

They have worked hard.

Here, do yourself a favor... educate yourself: Haiti History

Now to quickly answer your negative statements which are not founded upon fact, the reason that Haiti had such a poor architectural infrastructure is because they have very little money. The only one thing Pat Robertson said that was true is that the Island is split by a very poor region and a very rich region. Guess which is which.

Second.... when a country is mostly ignored by the international community and has no funding, how can you expect for them to have a good education?

And the nuclear weapons comment? Really? That's a stretch and very disrespectful.

Seriously... show a little respect. I don't care what you think. I'm not your president and I don't have to accept your belief or opinion... but show some respect for a country that has just been destroyed... regardless of your "beliefs."

That goes to you and Mr. Pat Robertson.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
In his position he perhaps you shouldn't say it, but then again when politicians lie it ain't accepted either. Anyway, what he said is what I personally thought too. They have experienced everything: poverty, civil wars, natural disasters and so on. Could it be worse?

It is now...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Wow, what a stupid thing to say Gibbs. Of course he has never said anything wrong nor has anyone in the White House because we all know they're perfect. C'mon people if you bother to study history you'll find that Robertson is very much correct. That however also goes for many people around the world and it was kind of wrong for him to say that at a time like this but, really I can think of many other evangelists who've said much worse and seem to look like angels.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Everytime something bad happens Pat Robertson always connects it to God's wrath, the hand of God, God's vengeance, etc...

I'm pretty sure the fault in the earth that eventually caused this earthquake was there long before the Haitian's made a "pact" with Satan.

If there is a hell, and I hope there is, Pat Robertson will be there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join