It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing: Me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Hello guys, just thought i'd introduce myself properly since there is a forum place for such things even.

I suppose the first thing to say is that i am part of the generation who loved watching X-files. I even have a mini-poster of the "I want to believe" photo on my wall (and i know who took the original picture
). So yeah i'm a big fan of all the UFO stuff. But i'm also into conspiracies and news concerning the whole world.

So, there we go. Oh right, i'm from Finland too, and i love a cold beer every now and then.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Welcome to the fray! And is there any beer except cold beer in Finland?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dukarth

Sweet, how's life in Finland my amigo?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
You know there -is- a summer here in Finland too sometimes! I've heard sometimes people think it's 12 months of cold, but it's really not, in the summer it can get up to +35 celcius at best. I've also heard people think there are polar bears here, hehe.

At the moment there is a lot of snow and -4 celcius, quite nice.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dukarth
Hello guys, just thought i'd introduce myself properly since there is a forum place for such things even.

I suppose the first thing to say is that i am part of the generation who loved watching X-files. I even have a mini-poster of the "I want to believe" photo on my wall (and i know who took the original picture
). So yeah i'm a big fan of all the UFO stuff. But i'm also into conspiracies and news concerning the whole world.

So, there we go. Oh right, i'm from Finland too, and i love a cold beer every now and then.

Welcome!

I too, have a hardback poster of the ufo over the trees that was featured in Mulders office!

good to find another x-file gen fan

Haluan uskoa

[edit on 15-1-2010 by FeralMonkeyMagic]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
What? No polar bears? Must be Gore-bel warming... We actually have summer here (briefly) in New Brunswick, Canada, too. Or is it black fly / mosquito season? Sometimes I forget.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by novacs4me
What? No polar bears? Must be Gore-bel warming... We actually have summer here (briefly) in New Brunswick, Canada, too. Or is it black fly / mosquito season? Sometimes I forget.

We have those lovely mosquito seasons too, we prefer to hide indoors then. I remember a summer in Lapland a few years ago, if you were outside more than a minute wihout any bug-spray, you wouldn't have any blood left after, also your sanity was in danger. (Though i lost that in the army lol)

[edit on 15/1/10 by Dukarth]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
When we first moved to New Brunswick, we bought a house up on a mountainside. One of the locals was surprised. He said "I was up there one time, and two mosquitoes started to carry me into the woods. It was scary! Then one of them turned to the other and said 'Why bother? The big guys will take him away from us anyway!' and they dropped me".

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

Yep,

I'm never going to visit canada.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Oh no! I didn't mean to scare you off! Come in the fall, when the bugs are dead. Canada is a beautiful place! I would love to see Finland, too.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Hey neighbor, I was born a heron choker but am now a spud. I'm of Acadian descent too, Grand folks from Bathurst. Cool small world.

oh and welcome to Dukarth too.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by sparrowstail]

[edit on 15-1-2010 by sparrowstail]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail

Hey neighbor, I was born a heron choker but am now a spud. I'm of Acadian descent too, Grand folks from Bathurst. Cool small world.

oh and welcome to nova too.

Thanks, sparrowstail! I wish I were Acadian! Then I could speak Shiac! (not sure how to spell that!) I used to work for McCain Foods, but I'm not sure if that made me a spud or not?!? The Maritimes are the BEST place in the world to live! (Oops! I let the secret out!)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Cool, I thought with an avatar and location like that you were die hard Vive L'Acadie. I lost my language when my moms folks were basically shamed out of speaking Acadien upon moving to the big smog city. I love the people, history and knowing and respecting that they endured such hardship and marginalization from the old days.
Now, Donne moi my sweater, c'est tres chilly.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail

Cool, I thought with an avatar and location like that you were die hard Vive L'Acadie. I lost my language when my moms folks were basically shamed out of speaking Acadien upon moving to the big smog city. I love the people, history and knowing and respecting that they endured such hardship and marginalization from the old days.
Now, Donne moi my sweater, c'est tres chilly.

Oh, yeah! You can talk the talk! A young friend of ours was playing up a video game, and told his dad 'Dad, j'ai blowez up half la ville!' Get your Acadian pride back, and relearn what you lost. (It is awful what was done to the Acadian people).

The avatar picture is actually of a lighthouse in la belle province, near Godbout. But I do live on the coast. In fact, I can see the ocean from my house.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I laughing my mon rear-side off.

You're right there is no place like the Maritimes. I just hope we don't get hit by a Tsunami

J'ai faim, I'll have two eggs side by each, facing the sun, deux bacon criss crossed and a pair of toast.

good to meet ya , I'll look you up when the lights go OUT

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
My intro thread just got hijacked!

*fistshake*

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Sorry, Dukarth! I took it offline with a U2U. Keep posting, and soon you will have all the privileges of ATS membership, too!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dukarth

Welcome! I hope you have many enriching experiences here.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Thanks all

I've already found this place coming more and more addicting. I was here the other night "just for a quick check" on the latest news, and ended up being here for two houers. Doh.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Welcome Aboard!!!

Here are some good links to help you in your journey here at ATS...

Terms and Conditions

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Most of all .... Have Fun

Just a U2U away

Semper

new topics

top topics

join