It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best and worst paranormal TV shows

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by justine093

its just a fun thread were people are discussing their favorites shows (or least favorite)to do with the paranormal doesnt matter what genre they are from

[edit on 15/1/2010 by kerrichin]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

All of these shows are fictional. Actual evidence of ghosts and any other aspect of the supernatural has never, ever, not even once, been recorded.

It's all fiction.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction- with the um star trek guy

Sightings- I swear this show scares me
Ghost Adventures- Just too funny

Dislikes:

Ghost Hunters- just too boring for me and their live shows killed themselves

[edit on 15-1-2010 by ThoughtProvoking]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Well, I like Ghost Hunters because it uses more debunking than just assuming everything is a ghost. I can see how it could be boring, but I like my paranormal investigation with some science and logical reasoning.

Destination Truth is pretty good but they often pussy out when they're close to finding something.

Paranormal State is definitely the worst paranormal related show on TV at the moment.

I watched an episode of Extreme Paranormal, the guys seemed like massive d-bags.

I saw a commercial for a new paranormal show coming out called Paranormal Cops. Pretty much Ghost Hunters, but instead of being plumbers by day they are cops by day. It's going to be on the same station as Paranormal State, so it's probably going to be just as retarded and fake.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

All of these shows are fictional. Actual evidence of ghosts and any other aspect of the supernatural has never, ever, not even once, been recorded.

It's all fiction.

i think that is your opinion or believe believing in the spirit world is like believing in religion you havent got scientific proof for allah or god or any of the major religions but people have a right to believe.
i like some beleive in the spirit world you dont thats fine.

also this isnt a thread discussing if ghosts are real or fake its a thread to discuss programmes from any genre that we may enjoy about the paranormal if we believe in it or not

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThoughtProvoking
Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction- with the um star trek guy

Sightings- I swear this show scares me
Ghost Adventures- Just too funny

Dislikes:

Ghost Hunters- just too boring for me and their live shows killed themselves

[edit on 15-1-2010 by ThoughtProvoking]

thats it fact or fiction thanks thats been bugging me.
i love that programme, me and the family used to fight over which one was the true story

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I would have to say Sightings was one of the greatest shows, maybe because I was young and probably believed everything I saw on it, but now days I would probably watch it, and debunk everything.

All these other reality shows are mediocre, Ghost Hunters would be pretty interesting if the producers didn't ruin it as much. Destination Truth? I've seen a few times, but it's probably just as bogus as all these other shows. All in All I don't think they have a paranormal show that can stay up to par.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i agree about some are bogus but one thing i like about destination truth is some of the places and things they investigate i havent heard about before so if i find one that interests me i lookit up on here or else where.
also the chenobles one interested me, i wonder what it would be like to go there, it would be the closest thing to getting a time machine becasue nothing has been touched since the accident so that would add to the experience but also interesting to visit even if i wasnt visiting for a paranormal reason

[edit on 15/1/2010 by kerrichin]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

It's an "oldie", like I said. They were already in rerun when I watched them as a kid... in the '60's!

video.google.com...#

Google Video Link

I just picked the above at random, enjoy the -circa 1959/60- paranormal.

Edit: I forgot to mention, all the stories are "true"! It's pretty good, especially considering they are fifty years old.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Dogdish]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Best- Ghosthunters without a doubt. Its the most realistic, and actually takes the approach of trying to present evidence to a skeptic. They also set out to search other causes of alleged paranormal activity.

Worst- Most Haunted....I dont understand why Derek Accorah always gets possessed? I also dont understand why people still believe in it when Stagehands and cast have been caught out faking or producing paranormal activity

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
In my opinion,
the Best Paranormal Shows are:
GHOST ADVENTURES and PARANORMAL STATE

- the guys on Ghost Adventures are genuine and film themselves rather than pretending that they are alone with camera men following them around.

- as a person with psychic gifts myself, I enjoy watching Paranormal
State because it is a show where a psychic is used as well as electronic tools, not just electronic tools alone.

The Worst Paranormal Show is:
EXTREME GHOST HUNTERS
.... it is just three dumb red-neck guys going ghost hunting and dabbling stupidly in the occult. I would not be surprised if they conjure up a demon or two and them following them around for years to come.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I watched Destination Truth after learning about the show in this thread. I consider that show one of the best paranormal TV-shows I've seen to date. And the most scary one too...the episode with Doll Island

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I don't have cable so I'm not a dead head let (Thank the original one)
Why are all these shows the same though? They turn off all the lights, turn on their poorly night-vision cameras and then try to act scared in front of the cameras. Boring!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
best- ghost adventures
Just three normal guys no other camera crew #ing # up or adding to the show ot make it look good. I could be wrong but from what i see its pretty realy.

Worst- most haunted
I hate that main woman with the blond hair she #ing screams at every little thing and they always play the music too loud or talk to loud to even hear if there is any activity. She screams if the winds blows like real come on

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
My best and worst "reality shows"

best-Ghost Hunters. They are informative on every show and show what most paranormal researchers actually do.

worst- Psychic kids. Why would you take a child who is having trouble dealing with supposed psychic powers to a location where the ghosts are thought to be disturbing? It strikes me as exploitation.

I'm a fan of Supernatural even though it's internal "rules" tend to be a bit loose. They, at least, have good storylines.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join