It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men are the source of Self Consciousness or the Soul...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Oh mother of God, the ATS babes are going to hate me for this one.

I was pondering one day, and it hit me, if all the men in the world died off, women would not be able to recreate more men, not even through cloning, as they would need the X chromosome. Since all the men are gone, there would be no source for the X chromosome.

Now if women died off, we would be able to clone more women, as men have both the X & Y chromosome.

But you are wondering about this whole "Men are the Source of Self Consciousness or the Soul..." thing. Well if you think about it, the woman's egg is not a sentient object. it's a mass of cells that floats through a chemical stream and ends up, here or there, depending on which way it drifts through the fallopian tubes. HOWEVER... the sperm makes a conscious effort to seek out the egg, granted in an overly primitive way, but the sperm doesn't just float away and just happens to bump into the egg. The sperm actually swims and fights it's way to the egg.

What are your thoughts??

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Do you know why women have little feet?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by menjo2000
Oh mother of God, the ATS babes are going to hate me for this one.

I was pondering one day, and it hit me, if all the men in the world died off, women would not be able to recreate more men, not even through cloning, as they would need the X chromosome. Since all the men are gone, there would be no source for the X chromosome.

Now if women died off, we would be able to clone more women, as men have both the X & Y chromosome.

But you are wondering about this whole "Men are the Source of Self Consciousness or the Soul..." thing. Well if you think about it, the woman's egg is not a sentient object. it's a mass of cells that floats through a chemical stream and ends up, here or there, depending on which way it drifts through the fallopian tubes. HOWEVER... the sperm makes a conscious effort to seek out the egg, granted in an overly primitive way, but the sperm doesn't just float away and just happens to bump into the egg. The sperm actually swims and fights it's way to the egg.

What are your thoughts??

So, all the egg has to do is sit there and watch the good little mouse run the maze til he reaches a piece of cheese?

I don't know about any else, but the dialectical imposition seems blatant in this OP piece. To me anyways. Here's why. If women had one man, let alone two, stimulated over the course of of a lifetime, they could produce and store enough sperm to continue the human population for a long time to come.

Eugenics + genetic manipulation = biowarfare to keep men awake nights

Yea...no wonder we cling to our...power bases!

You're not suggesting women are like, zombies or something? Golems maybe? Cuz that'd be just sexist!

[edit on 15/1/2010 by EnemyCombatant74]

[edit on 15/1/2010 by EnemyCombatant74]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I agree, ..... ATS women are going to hate you, LoL.

really though, if all the women died off .... how the hell are we going to repopulate the earth ?? you NEED a live woman to give birth, we can't just dig into our genome and start making people.

on the other hand, ... if all the men died off, ... women could ravage our dead body's for sperm or use the pre-existing supply of frozen sperm to repopulate the earth.

So I'm gonna have to side with women on this one ......

hhhmmmm, what else, ... I'm an aries, I'm sensetive and sweet, yet simultaneously quite dashing and debonair, ........ wink.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

the sperm makes a conscious effort to seek out the egg, granted in an overly primitive way, but the sperm doesn't just float away and just happens to bump into the egg. The sperm actually swims and fights it's way to the egg.

only 1 in 10 million sperm actually make it, i believe this is because the egg doesn't nag them enough.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by menjo2000

We've already generated offspring from the genetic material of two females:

Mice with Two Mothers

It's only a matter of time before that becomes possible for humans.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
At least you are thinking...

But.... the masculine/negative energy is responsible for focusing on the elements and forming the physicality or the body. The femininw/positive energy is responsible for the breathe of life that enspirits the elemental physical body.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

the sperm makes a conscious effort to seek out the egg, granted in an overly primitive way, but the sperm doesn't just float away and just happens to bump into the egg. The sperm actually swims and fights it's way to the egg.

only 1 in 10 million sperm actually make it, i believe this is because the egg doesn't nag them enough.

I laughed so hard.
Then showed my wife.

She agrees, we are the superior sex.

new topics

top topics

join