It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEATURE Giant Ribbon at the Edge of the Solar System: Mystery Solved?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
science.nasa.gov...

January 15, 2010: Last year, when NASA's IBEX (Interstellar Boundary Explorer) spacecraft discovered a giant ribbon at the edge of the solar system, researchers were mystified. They called it a "shocking result" and puzzled over its origin. Now the mystery may have been solved.

The ribbon it sees is vast and stretches almost all the way across the sky, suggesting that the magnetic field behind it must be equally vast.

So , here we go again! Four weeks ago we got "news" regarding the solar system passing trough an interstellar cloud , now this. I wonder if we will have to re-shape our knowledge on solar system formation very soon? I also wonder why we would have a strong magnetical field outside our solar system - what is producing it?

Here is my previous posting on a similar subject:
December 23, 2009: The solar system is passing through an interstellar cloud that physics says shoul

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Romanian]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Cometh 2012

Reminds me of this man talking about galactic super waves, he figures our solar system is in between waves 3 and 4, also that wave 3 passed by the last time Earth had an huge catastrophe....

Superwave Theory Predictions
and their Subsequent Verification

Galactic Core Explosions - prevailing concept (1980): At the time of this prediction, astronomers believed that the cores of galaxies, including our own, become active ("explode") about every 10 to 100 million years and stay active for about a million years. Since our own Galactic core presently appears quiescent, they believed it would likely remain inactive for many tens of millions of years. Although, in 1977, astronomer Jan Oort cited evidence that our Galactic core has been active within the past 10,000 years.

Prediction No. 1 (1980 - 1983): In his Ph.D. dissertation, LaViolette hypothesized that galactic core explosions recur about every 10,000 years and last for several hundred to a few thousand years. He was the first to suggest such a short recurrence time for galactic core explosions and that our own Galactic core undergoes Seyfert-like explosions with similar frequency.

Ofcourse, how credible this man is, I dont know, I have how ever watched an 2 hour interview with him, and he does look to belive this theory..

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

whoa! you have the exact same thread as someone else. twins separated at birth?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-1-2010 by reject]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

The Super Massive Blackhole at the Center of the Milky Way produces a magnetic field similar to the Heliosphere and it protects the Milky Way from other cosmic radiation.

To me this just gave me more information about my theory on 2012.

This part I found interesting considering the source.

"If this mechanism is correct--and not everyone agrees--then the shape of the ribbon is telling us a lot about the orientation of the magnetic field in our corner of the Milky Way galaxy," notes Heerikhuisen. And upon this field, the future may hinge. The solar system is passing through a region of the Milky Way filled with cosmic rays and interstellar clouds. The magnetic field of our own sun, inflated by the solar wind into a bubble called the "heliosphere," substantially protects us from these things. However, the bubble itself is vulnerable to external fields. A strong magnetic field just outside the solar system could press against the heliosphere and interact with it in unknown ways. Will this strengthen our natural shielding—or weaken it? No one can say.

Bolding done by me.

My thinking on 2012 is that as our solar system approaches the galactic equator we encounter a powerful magnetic field and disk of gravity emitted by the Supermassive Blackhole at the center of our galaxy hence almost all galaxies are flat disks. When this story first came I thought of it as a bow wave as that edge of the solar system was starting to interact with the galactic equator.

Now almost all planets in our system are undergoing some form of climate change so it can't all be our fault. I believe that the earths inner iron core is trying to align with the galaxy's magnetic field and in the process is slowly changing our inclination for now. THe outer liquid core will try to align with the inner cores new direction of spin and will thus cause the crust to follow suit.

Magnetic North is exponentially accelerating towards Siberia and yes I am aware that it's always on the move but even Ministry of Natural Resources sources are surprised by it's ever increasing acceleration. Could be near 100km/year by the end of this year. That's quite an uptick from 40 about 6 years ago. I think this interaction has been happening since the early 80's and accounts for most of climate change as I do believe that ocean currents are influenced by magnetic fields on Earth and not air currents. It's the ocean currents that affect the air currents.

Other things I'm looking for to see if I'm anywhere near close.

1. Every known fault line in the world to become active with larger EQ's on the weak fault lines.

2. More volcanoes to wake up around the world.

3. Bizzare Geo-Magnetic activity here and on the Sun.

4. Unusual things happening to the large outer planets as their large mass, gravitational forces, magnetic fields will surely be affected if we're going to cross through a powerfull magnetic field at the galactic equator

To me this is another piece to the puzzle about 2012. I'm not quitting my job or anything and living in the woods with food,ammo and water. However, I am keeping my eyes and ears open to try and figure out the puzzle. Obviously it's important or soo many ancient cultures wouldn't be referencing this particular time.

I'm enjoying my right to think freely while I can.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
As far as I understood, we do not approach the galactic equator . It is the opposite, we depart from it . I will try to find the source on this statement.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
As far as I understood, we do not approach the galactic equator . It is the opposite, we depart from it . I will try to find the source on this statement.

There are alot of statements to this Gal.Eq. date of passing, some say we passed in 98 som say in 2001 etc. some say we never pass it and some say we are 13 million years away, yet the cycle seems to be 26.000 years.

Like the Maya calendar, 5 cycles of 5.125 years = 25.625 years.
And at the end of those 5 cycles, when supposedly all 3 calendars end at the same time, which they only do each 5x5.125 years, there is things happening.

Apperantly there were catastrophes the past 4 times it ended, I just figure the 5th time wont be any diffrent, hance the 'new earth thru fire' scenario.

Look at the Denver airport painting, it is a huge Earth on fire theme..(Just saw Jesse's 2012 - conspiracy theory
) ..

[edit on 15/1/2010 by ChemBreather]

top topics

join