It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Travis Walton Abduction Case

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kshaund

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
A lot has came out about Travis Walton and how he hide out at a friends house during the days he was missing. One of the guys later admitted that they all had tacks in their shoes that they would press down on when asked a question during the lie detector test. Travis was not abducted, it was all done to make money so he could get his logging buisness going.

I've never heard this story - I'd like some back up for this (like his buddies admission you speak of). Claiming to have been abducted by aliens is hardly a business booster! These guys lost their contract after this, didn't gain business.

I met him and his brother years back just after their book came out - I have no reason to doubt one iota of their story - and would hope anyone trying to discredit it comes up with more than hearsay...

HAHA there is a reason you haven't heard that story... because it's all made up. I mean look at his name.. "Mr_skepticc". This is typical of the crap skeptics sorry make that debunkers come up with when they have nother plausible explanation. Makes me sick.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
A lot has came out about Travis Walton and how he hide out at a friends house during the days he was missing. One of the guys later admitted that they all had tacks in their shoes that they would press down on when asked a question during the lie detector test. Travis was not abducted, it was all done to make money so he could get his logging buisness going.

What is the source for this account and how did the guys walk to and from the polygraph test?
I have a mental image of them all walking in on tip toes,
trying not to stand on the tacks

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

xX aFTeRm4Th Xx - interesting thread (and nicely presented too
) -there certainly are some intriguing aspects to this case and like Kandinsky says, it is a bit of a messy one.
Heres the most recent interview I could find with Travis and he doesn't appear to have changed any of his testimony over the years - like with other abduction cases (such as the Allagash and Pascagoula incidents),the eyewitness accounts do sound extremely outlandish but I don't think thats a good enough reason for people to dismiss them entirely.

Having said that I did find the information in Arbitrageur's post quite revealing (and important) - if some of the claims made by GSW at this link are only half true then serious consideration should be given to the Walton family's motivations and credibility.

Guess we'll never know what actualy happened - as it states in this report there may have been an independent witness who could have corroborated Travis Walton's account but the person failed a polygraph and was denounced (by all parties) as unreliable:

Independent Witness

A curious episode occurred in the early stages of publicity for the film. Walton was contacted by a man who claimed to have been hunting with his wife in the same area where Walton saw the UFO. The man reported that they had seen a disc which shot a beam of blue light, then flew off into the sky. As an active military intelligence officer, the man said he had reported the sighting to his superiors, who told him to keep quiet unless Walton's coworkers were actually charged with a crime related to the disappearance..

Link

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
For those that don't know there is an official Travis Walton website also....

Travis Walton

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Tick

Brought on by hallucinogenic drugs? I don't know what your personal experience with hallucinogens is, but I have never seen a substance which can lead a person to have an experience like this. What do you suppose he was doing? Running throughout the wilderness tripping balls on '___' for 4 days? No one could find him and there were extensive searches. You should tell your friends this when they say it was drug induced.

The drug theory holds no water. Just because young men like to experiment with '___' and such does in no way destroy their crdibility. And it certainly doesn't imply that they hallucinated the incident. Hallucinogens don't work that way.

The facts are that they were working that day, and they were driving home when finished. I don't know anyone who would ingest a hallucinogen and use a chainsaw, or go to work like that for that matter. I highly doubt that they dropped drugs after they were finished because one guy had to drive. I just wish we could discuss and dismiss the "Hallucinated the incident" theory. What kind of drug makes 6 guys hallucinate the same thing, and the 7th disappear?

[edit on 16-1-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

I have always found Travis Walton's story to be completely legit. And much to my surprise 2 days ago, we found out that Dwayne Smith actually lives close to us. He spent a few hours at the bar with my brother and retold him the whole story. My brother said it gave him chills.

Also, I have to agree that the movie should not be taken as the complete truth of his actual experience.

Here's a link to The Travis Walton Witnesses.

Great thread, OP! S & F!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Ok Mr_Skeptic lets say this was the case.... Then explain this... I am interested in your personal beliefs regarding the following questions.

1. How come the k9's didn't find Walton's scent trail? I think this would be a dead give away if they were hiding him in a house as you say...

2. Somebody else has already said this... But if they had tacs in their shoes, how they hell would they walk to and from the lie detector test without obvious distress, that surely somebody would have noticed?

3. And where have you heard they made any money off of this, or were intending to? Other than the post on page 2 from arbitrageur I havn't come across any proof or evidence suggesting this. In fact, b/c of the incident they lost there logging contract and had their lives turned upside down.. So please elaborate

Now I am all about finding out the truth and validity behind this case, but some of your points just don't add up for me... so please help my simpleton mind understand...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Tick

Thats one thing that I am still wondering about... And that could definitely make sense that they could create such a vivid and elaborate story b/c of hallucinogens... But then again, there was never a trace of any drug in Walton's system following the incident, at least to my knowledge.

Just so many loops, twists and turns in this story. I doubt we will ever fully know the truth of this exact story. But what a great thing to ponder

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thank you, interesting video...

Never even crossed my mind that wonderful youtube would have stuff regarding this case.

Off to find more...

[edit on 16-1-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
as a kid i watched this movie

as a kid i watched many movies, many scary, gory movies, along with all other sorts of movies also, i wasnt some freak obsessed with horror, but i saw a good number of em, many more revealing then this film

none ever gave me nightmares, none except this film

fire in the sky scarred the crap out of me when i was young and watching it as an adult it still gives me a weird feeling, i cant wait to go back and read this thread, kudos for bringing it up as such a lengthy topic

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

If you are going to post an accusation such as this you better have some fairly decent ammunition to back it up. This kind of trolling pseudo skeptic tactic is quite nauseating and pathetic.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/586e9cf715b4.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 17-1-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I loved this movie. Since I saw this movie about 11 years ago, I've been following the UFO scene since then. I strongly believe he was abducted by extraterrestrials. The witnesses took lie detectors and passed. Walton shows up days later naked and has psychological issues. I don't see what else could have happened to him if he wasn't abducted by aliens.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx

SnF....thank you for bringing up this case. I saw the movie when i was younger and its funny cause just recently i was thinking about doing more research on this case and then finally a thread on ATS about it! I def think i believe his story. I have not read the book yet but im def going to now, and im also going to check out the other links suggested.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I recently read Travis's book Fire In The Sky, I thoroughly enjoyed it and found him to be articulate and sincere, but I was surprised to discover how little he remembers of his time with the ET's considering that he was gone for 5 days.

Travis initially, on being returned believed he had only been gone for about 2 hours!

But then again, maybe it's best that he doesn't remember ALL of his experience.

I watched the film recently too and I liked it a lot, the scenes on board the ship sent a chill down my spine.

The ET scenes do not accurately relate to anything that he remembers but Travis states in his book that they conveyed his sense of being trapped, alone and having his freedom taken away from him.(As in the bit where his motorbike key floats away from him and he desperately tries to grab it.)

I found a great quote from Travis: "All I ask is for an objective consideration of all the evidence. Anyone who won't do that isn't really entitled to an opinion"

Here Here!!

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Eevee]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
in answer to the guy that said they pressed their feet down on tacks when asked a question so as to beat the polygraph test.this would cause pain and raise the blood pressure which would show up as a lie.i don't for one minute believe this happened anyway.even the one man that was inconclusive took the test again later and passed.
i have talked to Mr. Walton myself via emails and he told me this himself.not one person has ever come back to say this was all a lie.one man was even offered money to do so just to make sure it was not a lie.he was sorely tempted because he was broke at the time but would not tell a lie for the money.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I was abducted by humans wearing blue uniforms,read my thread \canadians Abducted by blue uniformed Humans sound off.

Some undeniable similarities especially locale,my abduction was relatively close to travises and to Meriam Delicados,all of us encountered the humans in blue uniforms,and there are a lot more accounts of the same blue uniforms,during my abduction I personally spoke freely with several people and the ones I met were MILITARY without a doubt.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by one4all]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by stormbringerr
in answer to the guy that said they pressed their feet down on tacks when asked a question so as to beat the polygraph test.this would cause pain and raise the blood pressure which would show up as a lie.i don't for one minute believe this happened anyway.even the one man that was inconclusive took the test again later and passed.

They may have passed the initial test but not the one requested by the National Enquirer which could have resulted in a large payment to them had they passed, and a third test was inconclusive:

Travis Wlaton Abduction

The Enquirer advised the Waltons that if they could pass a lie detector test, they might qualify for a large payment. Travis and Duane were not very keen on this idea, so the Enquirer agreed to keep the results secret should they not pass. The Waltons agreed. The Enquirer engaged an examiner named McCarthy, who, unfortunately, described Travis and Duane's results as "the plainest case of lying he had seen in 20 years." Duane was heard shouting that "he'd kill the son of a bitch." As agreed, the Enquirer did not publish the failed examination.

The local UFO investigators were not convinced it was a deception, however, and so they arranged a third polygraph, this time by an examiner named Pfeifer. Pfeifer reported the results as inconclusive, but the UFO group announced to the press that the results were positive and confirmed that the Waltons' story was true. This is also the examination that Travis states that he passed in his book. In later years, both of the other examiners (Gilson and McCarthy) studied the results and agreed with Pfeifer that they were inconclusive.

There were no injuries to Travis' shoulder from his violent throw in the blue light beam, there were no disturbances to the pine needles on the forest floor where it all happened, and the medical exams revealed nothing to indicate any trauma or malnutrition from his missing five days. Travis and his crew have had to rely only on polygraph tests, and then only on the cherrypicked positive results, ignoring the negative results. There is just as much polygraph evidence against the Walton case as there is supporting it. This self-contradictory nature is the reason why polygraph evidence is not legally admissible in court: Speaking strictly scientifically, it doesn't tell us anything.

The few bits and pieces of physical, testable evidence that Travis' story would have produced, if true, were never present. To summarize, there is, and never has been, any proof that anything ever happened. The far more plausible explanation, that of a youthful moneymaking or attention-getting scheme by a couple of UFO enthusiasts, has worked out well. To critically analyze a far-out, incredible story like an extraterrestrial abduction, the first request we make is to show us any evidence. And, at this first hurdle, the Travis Walton story has failed completely.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
just a "BUMP" cos this is a true UFO abduction classic,well written and presented.i like to think this is one of the more believable stories and since Travis has never strayed from the original story it adds a little more merit.

and his pals were charged with having something to do with his disappearance if i recall.as for the film, i remember watching in
horror as the film unfolded.chilling tale.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
i like to think this is one of the more believable stories

Since you think this story is so believable, I'd be interested in your thoughts on the discrepancies pointed out by GSW:

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Also look at these comments from a pro-UFO organization in that same link, called "Ground Saucer Watch":

"Ground Saucer Watch," a pro-UFO organization, was the very first UFO organization on the scene of the Walton "abduction". In cooperation with Dr. J. Allen Hynek of CUFOS, Dr. Lester Stewart of GSW began to interview the Walton family while Travis was still "missing." They immediately smelled a hoax. These are their conclusions, without any changes - RS.

1. Walton never boarded the UFO. This fact is supported by the six witnesses and the polygraph test results. [3]

2. The entire Walton family has had a continual UFO history. The Walton boys have reported observing 10 to 15 separate UFO sightings (very high).

3. When Duane was questioned about his brother's disappearance, he stated that "Travis will be found, that UFO's are friendly." GSW countered, "How do you know Travis will be found?" Duane said "I have a feeling, a strong feeling." GSW asked "If the UFO 'captors' are going to return Travis, will you have a camera to record this great occurrence?" Duane, "No, if I have a camera 'they' will not return."

4. The Walton's mother showed no outward emotion over the 'loss' of Travis. She said that UFO's will not harm her son, he will be returned and that UFO's have been seen by her family many times.

5. The Walton's refused any outside scientific help or anyone who logically doubted the abduction portion of the story.

6. The media and GSW was fair to the witnesses. However, when the story started to 'fall apart' the Waltons would only talk to people who did not doubt the abduction story.

7. APRO became involved and criticized both GSW and Dr. Hynek for taking a negative position on the encounter.

8. The Waltons 'sold' their story to the National Enquirer and the story was completely twisted from the truth.

When a pro-UFO organization has doubts, maybe I should too. And now I do, big doubts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join