It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My rant/beef against religion AND atheism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
So I was having an intelligent debate on youtube the other day. Yes I said intelligent. Predictably enough, the fellow decided to get moronic on me. We were discussing satanism of all things. The person said they were a satanist but that they don't believe in satan. That in and of itself is a contradiction. He pulled the Anton LaVey crap on me, which I knew he would. For those that don't know there are many forms of satanism:
theistic: belief in the actual deity of Lucifer
LaVeyan: worship of the self, does not belief in ANY deities, ie atheist (or so they say)
To be a christian you must worship christ, to be muslim you must worship allah. to be a satanist you don't have to worship satan........where's the logic at? truth be told these LaVeyan "'Satanists'" are a bunch of fags (and I'm saying this in shock value at the risk of sounding like an ignorant raving madman/8th grader/immature loser). They say they worship the self, promote the individual. Yet they still do all the silly stereotypical satanic stuff. Hell, they go even further than that, these dumbasses have inverse catholic masses, satanic weddings and even satanic holydays. In this video (www.youtube.com...) LaVey can be seen dressed in what appears to be a Halloween costume,chanting the name of random mythological beasts. Wait, I thought this was supposed to be a no nonsense religion of self worship? Is it just me, or is the guy doin it for the shock appeal? Indeed.

He is putting on a stage act to get attention of those who would otherwise pay him no regard. This isn't satanism at all, it's free spiritism disguised as satanism so as to attract more people, offend more ppl, and just in general reach more ppl. Do you really think LaVey's cult would have gotten half as big as it is if he didn't sell it as satanism? He'd be just another intellectual spouting his views of society (remind you of anyone?). LaVey was nothing more than an entrepreneur, he knew what it took to sell his product (idea). And believe me, all religions are selling a specific product. So please stop tying your goodhearted messages of morals, integrity, and honesty, with that of religion, you silly humans. It only prolongs the time before the masses realize that religion gets in the way of these morals, integrity, and honesty. It's a fairy tale that has a moral to the story. That's all religion is. Wouldn't it be much better to skip the elves, goliaths, and kings, and just be told the lesson of the story?

here is a screen cap, I am chi_z of course. start from the bottom and go on to the top kiddies!
i10.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

new topics

join