It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US air security further tightened in wake of bomb plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

US air security further tightened in wake of bomb plot

news.bbc.co.uk

The US is taking additional air security measures in the wake of last month's airliner bomb plot, a senior official has said.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said the measures included enhanced random screening and more air marshals on some routes.

Ms Napolitano referred to the "continued threat" from al-Qaeda.

The US had already boosted security following the attempted attack on a trans-Atlantic jet on 25 December.

A 23-year-old Nigerian, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, has been
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbc.ca

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
There was an announcement made by the U.S. Government that security will be even more tightened on flights once again... How far can this go? Will we soon not be permitted to fly at all without some kind of a background check or permit? What exactly does "random screening" really mean?

I'm just curious of the predictions from fellow ATS members on how far this will go. What more can they do? What more can they restrict?

Peace,

Magnum

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007

There was an announcement made by the U.S. Government that security will be even more tightened on flights once again... How far can this go? Will we soon not be permitted to fly at all without some kind of a background check or permit? What exactly does "random screening" really mean?

I'm just curious of the predictions from fellow ATS members on how far this will go. What more can they do? What more can they restrict?

Peace,

Magnum

news.bbc.co.uk

This is just my opinion, of course. It seems like these people have totally lost their minds.

Maybe they're drinking their own fluoride and eating their own GMO.

new topics

join