It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson: Haiti in pact with the Devil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Pat Robertson blames the disaster in Haiti on them being in pact with the Devil. Honestly why is he even allowed to be on air?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

A great example of someone in power who does not practice what they preach.

Christians claim to be all about peace and goodwill. Robertson just wants attention and money.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Pay no attention to him guys, he's just mad because he got his junk caught in his zipper again. He'll calm down when the paramedics arrive.

C'mon! Really?! The whole country just went to this secret meeting to sign a deal with the Devil. The Messiah has done went and pissed in the punch bowl man, it's a bunch of non-sense.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have no use for the man... By the way, this has already been posted. Robertson

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sporkmonster

You are absolutely right. Pat Robertson is a money-hungry bastard
who has used religion to get rich and continues to use it to stay rich.

I am a Christian and I do not agree with anything this guy says.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Looks like I'm a day too late. Oh well.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by holyTerror

Well, anyone who believes in a loving, forgiving God can't believe anything Robertson says. I guarantee you, the god of Robertson is not the true God of love.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Is CNN helping to play this down?
Is this a subtle form of damage control?

(CNN) -- Televangelist Pat Robertson wasn't blaming Haiti's catastrophic earthquake on "God's wrath," but was talking about a "widely discussed" legend that a Satanic pact aided its founding slave revolt, a spokesman said.

But the suggestion that Haiti's historic woes stem from a deal with the devil comes from a 19th-century "fabrication" meant to discredit its slave rebellion and Vodou religion, a Caribbean scholar said Thursday.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by holyTerror

Well, he represents YOUR 'faith'. Why hasn't YOUR God done something with him? Oh, right- he prospers and enriches him. Silly me.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
what is it with you human and making deals with satan? he do not make deals with mortals. you have nothing that he would want, he has no use for your souls and he has nothing to offer you. something like this happen and someone has to bring satan into this. enough of this nonsense.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I really have to start subscribing to whatever this guy dribbles.

He's always good for a laugh.
Wasn't he the one who said abortions were responsible for earthquakes?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I was fired up about this dratting idiot the second I heard about his opinion on the whole matter. Shouldn't he be focused on "how I can help?" rather than "what caused this?"

For the record Mr. Robertson, when two tectonic plates collide into each other, it produces an earthquake. Depending on how hard and how fast they hit each other determines how big and violent the quake is.

But I guess there is always the possibility of a giant turtle underground that picks out nations that have "signed a pact with the Devil" and then attacks the nations that it sees fit.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

But the suggestion that Haiti's historic woes stem from a deal with the devil comes from a 19th-century "fabrication" meant to discredit its slave rebellion and Vodou religion, a Caribbean scholar said Thursday.

www.cnn.com...

That's exactly what it is. It's a FABRICATION!! Oh, but that's right "Mr," and I say that loosely, Robertson, anyone who doesn't subscribe to your distorted beliefs is of the "devil." I forgot.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Alethea]

[edit on 15-1-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I did a web search of this supposed "pact with the devil" and here's what I came up with:

"Haiti is the only country in the entire world that has dedicated its government to Satan. Demonic spirits have been consulted for political decisions, and have shaped the country's history." Thus speaks Reverend Doug Anderson, who grew up in Haiti with missionary parents, and served there along with his wife Dawn as a missionary until 1990. The leaders of Haiti make no attempt to hide their allegiance to Satan. Haiti’s government is a government of the devil, by the devil, and for the devil.

It is a matter of well-documented historical fact that the nation of Haiti was dedicated to Satan 200 years ago. On August 14, 1791, a group of houngans (voodoo priests), led by a former slave houngan named Boukman, made a pact with the Devil at a place called Bois-Caiman. All present vowed to exterminate all of the white Frenchmen on the island. They sacrificed a black pig in a voodoo ritual at which hundreds of slaves drank the pig’s blood. In this ritual, Boukman asked Satan for his help in liberating Haiti from the French. In exchange, the voodoo priests offered to give the country to Satan for 200 years and swore to serve him. On January 1, 1804, the nation of Haiti was born and thus began a new demonic tyranny.

American Daily

This guy does a pretty good job of debunking the theory:

In all of my studies of Haitian history, however, I have yet to find a good evidence of even the idea of Satan’s assistance in the Independence War, let alone a satanic pact.

For quite some time now, several articles on the Internet have mentioned the existence of an iron pig statue in Port-au-Prince as a monument to commemorate Haiti’s so-called pact with the devil through Vodou. The statue would be in remembrance of a pig that was killed during the gathering by the African slaves. In an effort to know more about that rumor, I contacted several authors about the exact location of the pig statue that’s incidentally nowhere to be found in the country. Their answer was complete silence, a simple apology, or just the removal of the reference from their texts.

Source

This last article probably best describes the real association between Hati and the Devil:

Summary: Haiti was forced to pay France for its freedom. When they couldn't afford the ransom, France (and other countries, including the United States) helpfully offered high-interest loans. By 1900, 80% of Haiti's annual budget went to paying off its "reparation" debt. They didn't make the last payment until 1947. Just 10 years later, dictator François Duvalier took over the country and promptly bankrupted it, taking out more high-interest loans to pay for his corrupt lifestyle. The Duvalier family, with the blind-eye financial assistance of Western countries, killed 10s of thousands of Haitians, until the Haitian people overthrew them in 1986. Today, Haiti is still paying off the debt of an oppressive dictator no one would help them get rid of for 30 years.

The rest of the world refuses to forgive this debt.

So, in a way, maybe Robertson is right. Haiti is caught in a deal with the devil, and the devil is us.

Boingboing.net

join