It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan and Iraq wars are just like wars in Starship Troopers Movies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Here are the Reason where the war that USA and his allies fought in Afghanistan and Iraq are Just like the wars that Humans were Fought in Starship Troopers movies:

1. The American Soldiers that fought in the Iraq war and Afghanistan war are Little or No more than FRESH MEAT for MEAT GRINDER(in real life it refers to Afghanistan or Iraq where in Starship Troopers it Refers to the Bugs)
  2. Most of US Soldiers that fought in Iraq War or Afghanistan war are Teenagers or Young adults
  3. The US Soldiers are armed with Ineffective Equipments like: Kevlar vests with a Ceramic Plate insert than can Only Stops 3 High Velocity Rifle Bullets(including AK-47 bullets) where the Most common weapons that they Encountered is AK-47 and M4A1 that they used as Their Main Issue Weapon can be rendered Useless in Place like Iraq and Afghanistan due to it's Arid Conditions
  4. and Most of US Soldiers are transported with Soft Skinned Humvee instead Tougher Stryker where Humvee can be Destroyed by any form of IEDs While's both Stryker and Other armored Vehicles are Mostly only Vulnerable to EFPs

[edit on 14-1-2010 by masonicon]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
From what I have read our gear is unprecidented to that of our enemies... And because our kevlar, FLAK, and advanced armor is so technologically advanced it has been a major success in the war. To the extent that MANY MANY American lives have been saved because of the technology.

The Hummers I have seen from friends pictures that are over in Iraq are all heavy armored, with very thick steal plated frames to protect from small arms fire.

So to this extent I strongly disagree... however I do agree that our troops are very young

[edit on 14-1-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
From what I have read our gear is unprecidented to that of our enemies... And because our kevlar, FLAK, and advanced armor is so technologically advanced it has been a major success in the war. To the extent that MANY MANY American lives have been saved because of the technology.

The Hummers I have seen from friends pictures that are over in Iraq are all heavy armored, with very thick steal plated frames to protect from small arms fire.

So to this extent I strongly disagree... however I do agree that our troops are very young

The Armor that I talk here are mostly Refers to Small Arms Protective Inserts that can only Stop 3 High Velocity Rifle Bullets(including AK-47 bullets) and Kevlar alone isn't Strong enough to stop High Velocity Rifle Bullets.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
The Armor that I talk here are mostly Refers to Small Arms Protective Inserts that can only Stop 3 High Velocity Rifle Bullets(including AK-47 bullets) and Kevlar alone isn't Strong enough to stop High Velocity Rifle Bullets.

I'd rather wear SAPI plates than what the enemy is wearing: Nothing.

And you're wrong about the most important thing that makes this nothing like Starship Troopers: We don't have Co-ed showers.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

I'd rather wear SAPI plates than what the enemy is wearing: Nothing.

And you're wrong about the most important thing that makes this nothing like Starship Troopers: We don't have Co-ed showers.

Sorry! Dragon Skin Body armor is much Better than SAPI Plates

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

Well whatever the armor is it is definitely very strong and works very well!! I have heard of soldiers taking direct .308 cal AK shots to their helmets. But because the armor is so effective the rounds do not penetrate... and thus the soldiers life is saved.

Plus the 3 round protection from armor is more than enough. When do you get shot more than 3 times? Realistically?

Even special forces stop at 3 shots to kill with their double tap... 2 in the chest, 1 in the head...

Perhaps try looking at some of the actual technology that is being researched and used on the battlefield. It will blow your mind

This video refers to a little of what I am talking about

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Plus the 3 round protection from armor is more than enough. When do you get shot more than 3 times? Realistically?

When you are One Man Army and in this situation the dragon Skin body armor is far better than SAPI Ceramic Plates.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by masonicon]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Masonicon, are you a salesman for Dragon Skin???

Regarding Dragon Skin vests ordered by the US military:
over 200 of the 380 vests delivered to USAF OSI were recalled due to improperly manufactured armor disks and fraudulent claims of official NIJ rating which Pinnacle had not actually obtained at the time of purchase led to the termination of the USAF contract. Pinnacle attempted to appeal this decision, but courts found in favor of the USAF. Reference

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
To me, the similarities simply say that Heinlein had remarkable insight into the nature of war, the men who fight the war, and the men who send those men to fight the war.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

This thread offends me.

Not because of the ridiculous statements of parallels, nor the obvious DragonSkin pitching- no.

OP references the movies. Only the first was any good, and only in a 'B' movie parody sort of way. Do your brain a favor and read Heinlein's book.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Sorry! Dragon Skin Body armor is much Better than SAPI Plates

Sorry! Dragon Skin is a POS that has been caught up in supplying defective crap to the military.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
Masonicon, are you a salesman for Dragon Skin???

Regarding Dragon Skin vests ordered by the US military:
over 200 of the 380 vests delivered to USAF OSI were recalled due to improperly manufactured armor disks and fraudulent claims of official NIJ rating which Pinnacle had not actually obtained at the time of purchase led to the termination of the USAF contract. Pinnacle attempted to appeal this decision, but courts found in favor of the USAF. Reference

what's Wrong with Dragon Skin Body armor?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Read the above statement. Read the PDF at the link. It explains it all.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Well masonicon I was wondering if you are using personal experience to base your comparison on the Iraq and Afghanistan wars? The citizens of those countries are not meat for the meat grinder. Perhaps on that video game you mentioned they are; considering it is a video game. Soldiers don’t run around the country killing everything that moves indiscriminately.

The US Militaries technology is state of the art, and the use of unarmored vehicles “outside the wire” is against policy in almost all circumstances. The fact that they resorted to IEDs’ and EFPS’ to fight in most circumstances instead of firefights is a testament to the success of body armor and M4 rifles in the hands of soldiers.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
People People! Forgot about Body armors and Soldiers equipment! the Questions is Why both Afghanistan and Iraq are Little or No More than Meat Grinder for USA and it's coalition Soldiers?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by smoke screen
The citizens of those countries are not meat for the meat grinder.

The US Militaries technology is state of the art, and the use of unarmored vehicles “outside the wire” is against policy in almost all circumstances. The fact that they resorted to IEDs’ and EFPS’ to fight in most circumstances instead of firefights is a testament to the success of body armor and M4 rifles in the hands of soldiers.

But why the US Soldiers in those Countries are still Fresh Meat for Meat Grinder?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
you forgot to mention that as in starship troopers

1) they have a gung ho attitude shoot 1st ask questions later.

2) to revel in carnage, crisis and multiple climaxes. "Whoo-hoo!" Boom! "Whoo-hoo!" Boomboom!

3) getting payback, policing borders, getting off on sex and violence, dominating the universe, claiming moral high ground

need I go on?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
What I was trying to get at in my first sentence was if you have not been there as a soldier fighting in a war, you really don't have much to say. Your comparison is based on speculation formed by media coverage and Hollywood. Also asking one person who has "been there and done that" doesn't do much good either considering everyone’s experience in combat is different and group experiences are often interpreted differently by each person. In war people kill, if someone is trying to kill them. Simply put its self-defense on both sides. On Starship Troopers the Marines weren’t building schools, giving medical treatment to the locals and helping to the eradicate opium trade on the bugs planet. There are some bad people doing bad things in those countries and unless you have bear personal witness to that you probably won’t be able to understand it fully.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

But why the US Soldiers in those Countries are still Fresh Meat for Meat Grinder?

You need to do some research.

US Military deaths in Iraq: 4,373

Estimated Iraqi deaths: Depending on who you ask, anywhere from 100,600 - 1,033,000.

If anyone's meat is being grinded it is not the US forces.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

You need to do some research.

US Military deaths in Iraq: 4,373

Estimated Iraqi deaths: Depending on who you ask, anywhere from 100,600 - 1,033,000.

If anyone's meat is being grinded it is not the US forces.

Most US Military Deaths are Caused by IEDs and EFPs while Most Iraqi Deaths are Caused by Bombs and Missiles from Aircrafts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join