It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: 'THEY ARE HERE' - U.S. Warns Of Al Qaeda Threat This Summer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well, since they're already here, it seems pointless to fight about whose fault it is right now. What seems more important right now would be finding out WHO they are and WHAT are their plans. Right?

If they are just waiting for a cue or a "go ahead", what would that be?

Another Osama tape released? Possibly addressing the prisioner torture or praising the Berg beheading?

Could the cue be an attack to trigger others?

Maybe a date already set?

Will the media, deliver this cue unknowingly?

Or

Is it all bullcrap, to pull our attention away from something else?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well jsobecky...what other "neighbours to the north" could you possibly be referring to? I defy you to tell me who you were implying if it was not Canada.

Catch a clue...we are your only neighbour to the north. It is not our immigration policies that let terrorists into your country, it was yours. Don't blame...take responsibility.

PS...I was not attacking your post, I was just trying to clarify the issue, but apparently you took exception to it...I'm sorry if I offended you, but you did refer to Canada.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Lukefj]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
jsobecky:

You immigration policies suck. Yes, I know that they are your policies, but they still suck. Ours are not perfect, but are more stringent than Canada's. One reason for that is that there a whole lot more people wanting to come to the US than Canada.

Well then lucky it's OUR country and OUR policies. Your opinion is noted.

What you should be worrying about more is the WHY. Not the HOW.

If terrorists enter the US from Canada, why aren't they killing some of us? Isn't it "Islam vs Western Civilization"? Isn't Canada a part of Western Civilization? So why don't they attack us since we're apparently part of the problem?

Weird, huh?

Check this out too, it's a recent poll that shows the difference between US and Canadian public opinion about immigration.

www.ipsos-na.com...

Despite mixed views on immigration and refugee policy, most Canadians (59%) subscribe to the view that immigrants contribute to Canada�s economy; most disagree (73%) that new immigrants "take away too many jobs from Canadians", and eight in ten (82%) agree that Canada�s cultural make-up is "one of the best things about this country"...

U.S. residents are less supportive of the direction of their government�s immigration and refugee policy than are their Canadian counterparts: 37 percent approve of this policy (compared to 48% in Canada), and 49 percent disapprove (versus 44% in Canada). Americans are also more likely than Canadians to say that there are too many immigrants coming to their country (53% versus 45%, respectively)...

The findings also reveal that Americans are more likely than Canadians to view immigrants as a "drain on the economy" (45% versus 35%, respectively) as opposed to the view that "immigrants contribute to" their country's economy (49% versus 59%, respectively).

While residents from both countries disagree that new immigrants "take too many jobs away" form their citizens, Canadians are more inclined than Americans to disagree with this idea (64% in the U.S., compared to 73% in Canada)....

Both Americans and Canadians agree with the statement that their country�s "cultural make-up is one of the best things about the country" (84% in the U.S. and 82% in Canada). Results in both countries are also virtually identical with respect to whether it should be a "higher priority" for their country to encourage its citizens "to accept minority groups and their customs and languages" (43% of Americans compared with 46% of Canadians) or whether it should be a "higher priority" for their country to "encourage minority groups to try to change to be more like most" Americans or Canadians (52% of Americans compared with 50% of Canadians)."

A lot of differences but some similarities as well about our perceptions of immigration.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

You immigration policies suck. Yes, I know that they are your policies, but they still suck. Ours are not perfect, but are more stringent than Canada's. One reason for that is that there a whole lot more people wanting to come to the US than Canada.

Astonishingly ignorant. Maybe you'd like to face south and count how many Mexicans make it across the border into your country each year.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj
Well jsobecky...what other "neighbours to the north" could you possibly be referring to? I defy you to tell me who you were implying if it was not Canada.

Catch a clue...we are your only neighbour to the north. It is not our immigration policies that let terrorists into your country, it was yours. Don't blame...take responsibility.

This is the last time I will attempt to educate you. Otherwise, I'll not waste my time on your ignorance any longer.

The title of the thread is:
TA-THREATS: 'THEY ARE HERE' - U.S. Warns Of Al Qaeda Threat This Summer

Meaning that there are al Qaeda cells in the US, planning to strike us this summer..

Faisca asked, how did they get here?
I responded.

Now I ask my question to you again: where did I blame Canada for 9/11?

I have heard that if someone enters your country without the proper paperwork, they are allowed to proceed if they promise to return in a month with the proper paperwork. Is that true?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
Astonishingly ignorant. Maybe you'd like to face south and count how many Mexicans make it across the border into your country each year.

Astonishingly naive. There is a difference in a policy and an illegal crossing. Also, I'd take notice that the overwhelming majority don't bother continuing north to Canada.

:shk:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Please...don't try to educate me...the last thing I need is an AMERICAN education...LOL..that and a cup of coffee and I'll have....well, a cup of coffee atleast.

You were implying that it was Canada's fault for letting terrorists into the US. First of all, it is your responsibility to keep undesirables out of your country. So don't worry about our policies...we don't have the problem...you do. I'm sure we do have terrorists in our Country, probably not nearly as many as there are in the US however.

I did not mean to state that you were blaming 911 on Canada. What I meant to say was that I would hate to see another atrocity like 911. However, blaming Canada for terrorists that enter into the US is absurdly irresponsible as Canada is not responsible for those who enter into the US....the US is. We will look after/worry about the people who enter our country. Whether or not you let them into your country is your decision.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
From Jakomo:

Yes, and also the WHAT NOW. I've made those points in related posts, as well as questions as to where they are getting their financing, what preominantlly islamic neighborhoods are harboring them, etc.

Your point about the poll was interesting, but off-topic, so I won't pursue it here. But it is a good subject for another thread. Go for it. I'd be willing to discuss it.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Yes, and also the WHAT NOW. I've made those points in related posts, as well as questions as to where they are getting their financing, what preominantlly islamic neighborhoods are harboring them, etc.

Are you implyimg that they are getting financing from Canada?

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by intrepid]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
intrepid...

Although jsobecky seems to be pointing a lot of fingers North to try and explain the US failing to control it's border, I don't think the intent of the above post was to blame financing on Canada. Atleast I don't see it there. I think jsobecky was trying to steer the discussion away from that issue and talk more about where they may be and how to deal with the threat.

EDIT: After thinking about it, it is a very difficult topic to breach given the various descriminatory sensitivities that are involved. It is difficult to say they are staying in islamic neighbourhoods etc...as some may be, but others may be elsewhere and how do you explain searching out these individuals in targeted areas without upsetting residents.

It is also a bit frightening given Bush's track record of not giving a # about human rights and freedoms...this is a man who does what he is told no matter what the cost in human life, self respect, and credibility. It is a scary time to be an American (note: personal opinion).

Cheers,
Lukefj

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
i live in Savannah, and have seen an extremely "stepped-up" military/security presence here. in a newspaper article, it said "we're preparing for the worst and hoping for the best". i know this all has to do with the G-8 , and hope nothing catastrophic happens. protest, or terrorist related

(edit: not everything has to do with the G-8. but i know that most of it is security related)

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by truthseekerX]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LukefjYou were implying that it was Canada's fault for letting terrorists into the US. First of all, it is your responsibility to keep undesirables out of your country. So don't worry about our policies

no its your responsibility too, you forget how large our border is, we cant patrol the whole thing by ourselves, its both of our responsibility, if they sneak in from your side and neither country knows then its both our fault, we have to be concerned of your border policy because it effects our border too. i think he was implying that your lax border security doesnt make the job on our side any easier and it is more possible for people to sneak in because of this.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Im not worried about it. Why? I don't believe a threat truly exists. They dont know the who, when, where, how or why. But the threat is credible. These morons come out with credible threats all the time but if you did deep enough you'll see there is little or no credibility to the claim. Just the governments attempt to keep the people in fear.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
namehere,

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. It is the US responsibility to look after their own borders and to know/track who crosses it. You don't hear any Canadians complaining about people crossing from the States into Canada. Why should we spend millions to protect your borders, it isn't a fiscally or rationally sound proposal.

Canada owe's the US nothing.. the US gauges Canada every chance it gets with your trade policy. However, this is a topic for a different thread.

IMHO it is each countries own responsibility to monitor who enters their country. If there are undesirables entering your country and you're particularly worried about it, dish out the $$ and take care of it.

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Al Queada threatens all the time. most people take it as bluffs. But no, not the mass public of the US.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

Well then lucky it's OUR country and OUR policies. Your opinion is noted.

If terrorists enter the US from Canada, why aren't they killing some of us? Isn't it "Islam vs Western Civilization"? Isn't Canada a part of Western Civilization? So why don't they attack us since we're apparently part of the problem?

Weird, huh?

Are you forgetting the recent threat of Al Qaeda claiming that "Canada deserves to be bombed"?

The article was taken off Canada's National Post.....figures... But here is another link with the story.

"The Al-Qaeda terror network views Canada as a legitimate target because it is a "selfish" nation committing "terrorism" against Muslims around the world, an unofficial spokesman for jihadists waging holy war against the West said Friday."

Excerpt taken from.
www.freerepublic.com...

This topic was presented by other members and I when it came out and we posted the original reliable sites reporting this.

Jako, you are not so safe from terrorists as you may think...

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Though I have some dates and events in mind, What Event was going on in the World Trade Center, and Washington DC on 9-11? NOTHING!! If anything, nobody was Home in DC. Why would you attack somewhere that security is on Extra Heightened alert? This just does not seem to be practicle. I believe, if anything happens, It will be a high scale multiple attack. These events may have been already put in place years ago, who knows. I wanna know what happened to the DoHS. I know its to early to tell, but what happened to the billions of dollars spent? How do they know they are in here, have their pictures, and say they are ready to attack? Why where they not arrested if under surveilance?

This just seems to timely to release. We have been discussing this here on ATS for months now. They held back for weeks on releasing information on the tanker truck, and chemicals in New Jersey, again we have seen how well the Amber Alert Works, and as soon as they posted a pic and plate # of the DC Snipers Car, it was found soon after. The nuclear Rods missing from Yankee Reactor in Vermont, I could go on. Something Stinks, and it isn't me, I just took a shower.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
the alert is just to awake us that the enemy is here in islamic extremists and watch your neighbor and call the fbi etc.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Christ, how do you live that way?

I'm thinking of turning my neighbor in, he works in the same industry as I do, but I don't like the way he raises his kids. This is INSANE!

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon
Unfortunately you only apply this behaviour to the far left. The far right do it to. And your one of them. Which is why you just joined the ever increasing number of people on my ignore list. People like yourself simply aren't worth listening to. seeya.

Isn't that the stupidest reaction from a new neo-commie?

Tell you what, I'll take Pheonix word over yours anytime. First i have never seen you give any good credible information and if you are new, and since Pheonix did not even insult you, you just showed that you have made your mind up and prefer to listen only to any conversation where everyone bashes the government. You know what, you are not worth it, so you are going to the bin

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join