It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: 'THEY ARE HERE' - U.S. Warns Of Al Qaeda Threat This Summer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
New highly credible intelligence indicates al-Qaida or other terrorists are in the United States and preparing to launch a major attack this summer. An attack may be planned between now and Labor Day. The intelligence does not include a time, place or method of attack but is among the most disturbing received by the government since the al-Qaida attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, an official said.

WashingtonPost

That information dovetails with other intelligence "chatter" suggesting that al Qaeda operatives are pleased with the change in government resulting from the March 11 terrorist bombings in Spain and may want to affect elections in the United States and other countries.

"They saw that an attack of that nature can have economic and political consequences and have some impact on the electoral process," said one federal official with access to counterterrorism intelligence.

Intelligence and law enforcement officials are trying to strengthen security at the presidential nominating conventions this summer in Boston and New York. They are also concerned about the possible targeting of other prominent events, starting with the World War II Memorial ceremony Saturday in the District, the Group of Eight summit June 8-10 in Sea Island, Ga., and the Summer Olympic Games in August in Athens.

Federal officials have been discussing raising the national threat level between now and Jan. 21, the day after the presidential inauguration, although Homeland Security Department officials said yesterday that no such announcement is scheduled.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Related News Stories
- Al-Qaeda has at least 18,000 Fighters At Large
- Memorial Day Weekend - Threat Level Raised?
- Canada Threatend with Bombing by Al-Qaida

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It doesn't come as a surprise for me. I expect it. It's an election year after all. Either OBL and his merry Mullah's are out for blood or Dubya is spreading scary crap to make people vote for him.
Whatever it is, I'm watching my back.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I think that Dubya is going to suspend the elections due to terrorist activity and declare himself king so we do not have to worry about elections.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Jesus how transparent is that ?
Come on, thats an obvious last ditch effort to try and stop you voting Bush out.

"Don't vote Bush out its what the terrorists want"

Just how stupid does the US press think the people really are ?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
My question is, how the hell did they get in here in the first place? Where's Homeland Security on this one? How come all of our beefed up efforts to stop terrorism havent stopped them from coming into our country? That, and why does the media feel the need to make a huge deal out of this and scare the crap out of everyone in the country?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Debka has named some of the terrorist's that they say we will be asked to be on the lookout for during Ashcrofts news conference this afternoon,

DEBKAfile�s counter-terror sources reveal that US counter-terrorist authorities are focusing on tracking down two key suspects: a 32-year old Pakistani woman called Aafaya Siddiqui, doctor of neurology who attended a university in the Boston area, and Adnan G. Al Shukrijmah, an al Qaeda activist known to have spent time in Florida.

Our sources add that American and foreign counter-terror and intelligence agencies are also hunting for Midaat Mursi, known as Abu Khabab, prominent member of al Qaeda�s operational partner, the Egyptian Jihad Islami, who is considered the organization�s top expert on radiological bombs. Mursi heads a number of terrorist rings who have been instructed to infiltrate the United States through Canada for a dirty bomb attack. They may have made the crossing already.

Names of Al Qaida Infiltrators in U.S.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon
Jesus how transparent is that ?

Just how stupid does the US press think the people really are ?

They know we're idiots, and by reading many an ATS thread in a vain attempt to find logic as a basis for rabid Bush support, anyone would walk away convinced of that.

Think about any sensible reason to keep him & his administration ( none ), think about how they usurped the presidency, think about our pending electronic voting coup d'grace to DEMOCRACY, think about the PNAC architects running our government and the debacle in Iraq, and almost forgot, think about the standdown which allowed 9/11 to happen.......you don't think any cabal that orchestrated the above won't do more of the same to stay in power!?!?!?!

And with many a ATS Mod & Member saying it's a wacky conspiracy and we need Bush & his teams "leadership".

Pfaa.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Think about any sensible reason to keep him & his administration ( none ), think about how they usurped the presidency, think about our pending electronic voting coup d'grace to DEMOCRACY, think about the PNAC architects running our government and the debacle in Iraq, and almost forgot, think about the standdown which allowed 9/11 to happen.......you don't think any cabal that orchestrated the above won't do more of the same to stay in power!?!?!?!
Pfaa.

The above is a great example of the doublespeak from the far left that lets them criticize the administation no matter what action or path is taken, If a warning of a possible attack is given it is ridiculed as not specific enough, on the other hand if a possible attack is foiled - they claim the government was out to scare you into supporting the administation. If an attack happens and it is PROVED that it was done by an external organization - they will scream "They did'nt do enough or "They planned it that way" Either way they (left) use this doublespeak to formulate a platform calling for impeachment or defeat of the current administation in the upcoming elections, If Bush prevails, according to them it will only be because he orchestrated an attack on this country and manipulated the vote - again they have their bases covered no matter what happens - loss in an election can not be blamed on any lack of a plan by the democratic party nor any inconsistancies by the presumed candidate Kerry.

Again, all the bases are covered and if you don't buy into the program then you are labeled as one without "sense"

Goebbel's would have been proud of the intellectual trap set to confuse the public by these people.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Unfortunately you only apply this behaviour to the far left. The far right do it to. And your one of them. Which is why you just joined the ever increasing number of people on my ignore list. People like yourself simply aren't worth listening to. seeya.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
From Faisca:

My question is, how the hell did they get in here in the first place? Where's Homeland Security on this one? How come all of our beefed up efforts to stop terrorism havent stopped them from coming into our country?

I love our neighbors to the north, but their immigration policies and borders are like sieves.

And a terrorist can walk over the southern border, if he/she chooses. Right past Ft. Huachuca.

:shk:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
A few points. P. you say that the leftist will claim that Bush fixed the election. Well, that isn't without precident, look at the last election. So why is their point not valid.

Also, while agreeing that our open door policy sucks, these are still OUR borders. If you're so concerned, beef up yours.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Intrepid, the reason its not valid to me is the fact that after 9 recounts by independant groups and news organizations the result was still the same.

S. you did the right thing, if ya can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

I get sick and tired of hearing that Bush is/or was behind the attacks, enough proof has been available for years now proving who was behind the attacks not to mention that very group has proudly affirmed they were the ones.

When you all have absolute proof of your theory by all means present it to congress - until then get real.

The issue at hand is one that should not be right/left because you'll be just as dead no matter which president you want elected when the attack comes.
I for one would much rather the public expend their energy on the threat rather than on hyperbole, alas that does'nt appear possible though.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
OK Phoenix, if you want to buy that. I wouldn't have a problem with it at all, if it had happened anywhere other than Florida or Texas.

I want to readdress this thing about us harboring terrorists. That is just fear talking, or shoved at you. You think it's easy getting into the States? Unless things have changed, it's not. I got busted for a hash pipe in 87. The bloody thing was only 2 inches long, but they found it. So, I would have more faith in your border guards, I do.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
jsoebecky.....

Last I checked it was a shared border...not our fault you don't watch who comes into your country more carefully. Sure we are more lenient than the US....mainly because we aren't fear mongers up North...we don't fear everything that is different and, in turn, others don't feel the need (atleast as much) to target us in their attacks.

PS....I love the Us and would never want to see another attrocity like 911, but to blame it on Canada is fairly malicious and entirely irresponsible of the USA and their "homeland security".

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Lukefj]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I want to readdress this thing about us harboring terrorists. That is just fear talking, or shoved at you. You think it's easy getting into the States? Unless things have changed, it's not. I got busted for a hash pipe in 87. The bloody thing was only 2 inches long, but they found it. So, I would have more faith in your border guards, I do.

I agree that the Border Patrol is doing as much as it can at manned crossings to prevent unsavory characters from using them. The problem is that ALL administrations (current one included) in the past 28 years have not done enough to curb unauthorized crossings, especially organized immigrant smuggling. Recently I came across a news story where one of these smugglers claimed he brought two of the 911 hijackers into the U.S. - I'll try to find it and add it to this post.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon
The letter found shortly after the bombings in Spain stated that the terrorists would rather Bush stay in office than Kerry be elected. Bush provides fuel for their fire.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
From Lukefj:

PS....I love the Us and would never want to see another attrocity like 911, but to blame it on Canada is fairly malicious and entirely irresponsible of the USA and their "homeland security".

Go_ back_ and_ find_ out_ where_ I_ wrote_ that_ Canada_ was_ to_ blame_ for_ 9/11._ I_ challenge_ you.

I typed that last paragraph very slowly, with extra spacing, so that you could COMPREHEND what I wrote. It is very tedious to have to correct someone who tries to twist words to suit their own argument. Please do not jump to conclusions.

My original post was in response to Faisca, who asked how the terrorists got here in the first place. Nowhere did I blame Canada for 9/11, although it is a fact that many of the terrorists entered the US from Canada.

You immigration policies suck. Yes, I know that they are your policies, but they still suck. Ours are not perfect, but are more stringent than Canada's. One reason for that is that there a whole lot more people wanting to come to the US than Canada.

As far as the border being porous, it is true that it is the responsibility of both countries. But it is much more difficult when you let anybody in that wants in. And believe it or not, you don't have to go through a border gate to enter the US. I have read several times in ATS, the boasts of someone who has made that very claim, stating that they are living proof that you can cross over by boat. Or a snowmobile. Or ATV. Or foot. Once the terrorist is in Canada, it is child's play to get into the US.

I suppose we could consider 3,000 miles of razor wire and land mines, but we're trying to remain good neighbors.

:shk:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
The above is a great example of the doublespeak from the far left that lets them criticize the administation no matter what action or path is taken.

Far Left? Really? falling into that US vs. Everyone else clap trap again? As for my original post and another posters "idiots" observation, thanks for the example in real time.
You were in America over the last couple of years when those spurrious "terror alerts" & rainbow warnings came out, no? You did see the posts on ATS that showed that, while no event ever actually took place, there was some sort of recess appointment or legislation passing that was a "Friday Suprise" sneaking in under the news radar, right?

No?

Go figure!

Go back to thinking that more terrorists have not been grown by US actions & that proposed anti-terror measures ( Which got great press ) were actually fully funded when they weren't.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It would appear that the works of the Intelligence Community are glaringly obvious to those who have had the experience to see them in action over the years.

There was a book written in 1972, "The CIA And Its Allies In Control Of The United States And The World." 100,000 copies of this book were removed from the bookstore shelves across this country, the land of the free and home of the brave.

The author, L Fletcher Prouty, decided that it was more important to spread the word than make a profit resulting in the book now being available for FREE on the Internet. It can be download by various methods including chapter by chapter.

www.ratical.org...

This book will give the reader tremendous insight on the current fiasco on the WMD and the preemptive attack on Iraq as well as techniques constantly being used to interfere with third world countries around the globe; IE, Haiti, Columbia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Panama, Honduras, Nicaragua, Grenada, Cuba, various nations in Africa, Mid East and Far East.

Over the years, personnel die off and are replaced with the next generation of manipulators of foreign policy. Amazingly, though the people change, the mind set remains the same and so does the modis operendi.

This is an opportunity to see for yourself and learn to observe the machinations of the cabal.

John McCarthy
Chairman of The Board of VERPA
www.verpa.org...
Blog: www.jenmartinez.com...
Email: [email protected]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
To those Anti-Bushies still griping about the last election, remember this--

Things would have been vastly different in 2000 if Clinton and his administration hadn't covered up the shooting down of TWA800 in the summer of '96 before he was elected to a second term. There exists more proof of that being done than there ever will regarding Bush knowing about/planning 9/11 it seems.

www.twa800.com

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join