It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Um, why is the Pope kissing the Qur'an?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You can debate and argue with your neighbor as to the true name of God, but regardless of which religion you follow, believe in, it is the same God that is the keystone of all religions.

He is also known as El "Big Bang" Grande to the non believers.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BlinkofanEye

How many of the canards that you have presented would I have to prove false before you start to question the validity of your premise?

Seriously, if I proved that 2 of your statements were false, would you consider that your basic beliefs about the Catholic Church were in error? How about 3? 4?

I'm not going to say that you should find your information about Catholicism from Catholic sources but I will recommend that you balance your reading of extreme anti-Catholicism on your links with Catholic sites to see what they have to say about those claims.

Eric

[edit on 15-1-2010 by EricD]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The head of the Romish church is pretty much the political head, so guess he is doing all the diplomatic things a politician should do..

On a side note, it's good to see the Romish church not making enemies for once, and trying to play nice..

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

the major religious leaders are kissing their "books" goodbye!

there won't be much need for them after everyone knows that E.T.'s are here.

[edit on 1/15/2010 by JPhish]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shane

Originally posted by Max_TO

So do not be alarmed that Bene is kissing a Muslim Holy Book. It is expected and according to the script, and just the next step in preparing
the world for the One World Government to come.

That's John Paul II in the photo, not Benedict. It was from May 14, 1999.

"On May 14th I was received by the Pope, together with a delegation composed of the Shi'ite imam of Khadum mosque and the Sunni president of the council of administration of the Iraqi Islamic Bank. There was also a representative of the Iraqi ministry of religion. ....

"At the end of the audience the Pope bowed to the Muslim holy book, the Qu'ran, presented to him by the delegation, and he kissed it as a sign of respect. The photo of that gesture has been shown repeatedly on Iraqi television and it demonstrates that the Pope is not only aware of the suffering of the Iraqi people, he has also great respect for Islam."

www.traditioninaction.org...

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Nicodeme]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Actually John Paul was well known for trying to modernize the Church so that it Dialogues with the other major Religions - Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism - despite resistance from within the Catholic Church.

Tibet's spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, has expressed condolences for Pope John Paul, saying he had great respect and admiration for the Catholic leader.

The Dalai Lama said the pope's experience in Communist Poland helped give him a clear understanding of conditions in Tibet under Chinese rule.
The Tibetan leader said he developed a close personal friendship with the pontiff, after meeting on several occasions.

The Dalai Lama also praised John Paul for his mission to bring peace to the world and his frequent travels, despite the pontiff's failing health.

He says he and the pope shared a keen interest in promoting harmony among different religious traditions in an effort to spread a unified message of peace.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
"But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them, I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed." - Deuteronomy 30:16

"Yet I reserve seven thousand in Israel—all whose knees have not bowed down to Baal and all whose mouths have not kissed him." - 1 Kings 19:18

I can understand why many Catholics would be unhappy with this pope's decision.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Some years ago on a talk radio program in Seattle a Roman Catholic Priest was the guest for 3 hours. Right out of the gate he stated that the Jesuits had recently held a meeting of their leadership specifically to inform them that it was the early Vatican that created Islam. For one think without "them" they could do the conquests and pillaging of the crusades. Misdirection is a very powerful tool.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
Some years ago on a talk radio program in Seattle a Roman Catholic Priest was the guest for 3 hours. Right out of the gate he stated that the Jesuits had recently held a meeting of their leadership specifically to inform them that it was the early Vatican that created Islam. For one think without "them" they could do the conquests and pillaging of the crusades. Misdirection is a very powerful tool.

Wow, what a load of crap.

Can you please cite some sources? Who was the priest, what was the radio show, who were the leaders, when was the meeting and where was it?

Actually, any of those would do.

Eric

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55

Why oh why is the Pope of the Roman Catholic Church kissing the Qur'an? Isn't that blasphemy?

Maybe he is just smelling it? No, I reacon he's kissing it. Popes tend to kiss a whole lot of stuff. John Paul II was reknown for kissing the ground everywhere he went. Wouldn't call it blasphemous, the Koran is a holy book, just like the Tannakh (which is even part of our Bible), I'd say he shows some kind of will of reconciliation, that he is willing to build bridges between our faiths through this simple gesture. Anyone who'd oppose this would probably oppose any action made towards peacemaking, claiming only an antichrist would make peace, since their senseless mindsw have read somewhere that the Antichrist will rebuild the temple and make peace (Herod's Temple, Cæsar etc. = Antichrist, Cæsar is the same word a scar and translates into slash or cut, even "deadly wound" is within it's borders), and that all peace is godless. I mean, where would we all be hadn't it been for all the peacemakers up through the ages?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
Anyone who'd oppose this would probably oppose any action made towards peacemaking, claiming only an antichrist would make peace, since their senseless mindsw have read somewhere that the Antichrist will rebuild the temple and make peace.......... and that all peace is godless. I mean, where would we all be hadn't it been for all the peacemakers up through the ages?

Anyone who would wish to appose this, hasn't got a chance in Hell, so to speak, of effecting any change in the course of action laid out by GOD 2500 Years ago.

Nothing will stop this from occuring. Opposition to GOD's will is fruitless and ultimately pointless. History is clear in respects to such things.

As for your speculation about the Temple, I am pleased to offer the following for you, and anyone else, who would wish to consider the implications laid out in this Annoucement. And also remember, this is at least 8 or 10 years ago that this was setforth.

The Sanhedrin Declaration

The Sanhedrin's Decision Regarding the Holy Temple, the Temple Mount, and Jerusalem

28 Iyar 5765

The Sanhedrin calls upon all groups who work in the area of Temple and Temple Mount-related research and activity, to begin to prepare detailed architectural plans for the construction of the Holy Temple, towards the goal of its establishment in its proper place.

The Sanhedrin will establish a forum of architects and engineers whose goal will be to implement this decision, so that detailed working plans are effectively brought to an operational stage.

The Sanhedrin calls upon the Jewish people to contribute towards the acquisition of materials for the purpose of rebuilding the Holy Temple; the gathering and preparation of prefabricated, disassembled portions of this building to be stored and ready for rapid assembly, in the manner of King David. These contributions will be consider "chulin," i.e., non-sacred, for the purpose of the planning and construction of the Temple.

Prof. Hillel Weiss
R. Chaim Richman
Spokesmen for the Sanhedrin

We may not appreciate the devolution of the Chruch into a pagan temple of Idol worship. A Church that is whoring it'self to the whims and appetites of the heathen, in some grandious attempt to manipulate the global religions into a multicultural blender which spews out babel and blasphemies. The Pulpit from which the Antichrist acts out his part.

But there is nothing we can do to stop it. It is preordained. Not only that, it is actually happening today.

It is Prophecy in it'self, and something we WILL SEE OCCUR, whether we deem it acceptable or not.

As an aside, 95% of the Populus that makes up these religions will only view this as a step forward, and basically embrace this demonic notion. But that is also prophecy, since only the Elect, will be paying attention to things. The Sheep may bleat from time to time, but they will follow the Wolves nevertheless.

Have a GOOD EVENING everyone, and GOD Bless.

Ciao

Shane

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Shane]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

I've seen this site before, and apparently they have remade all the vessels of the Temple:

www.templeinstitute.org...

These people seem serious enough. Remember that Jesjuah ha Mesjiah said he would tear down the Temple and rebuild it within three days. Crusifiction was merely a sign that his words were true. Because of the Jewish revolt in the sixties AD the Temple was destroyed in 70 AD, and now, two millennia later people plan to rebuild it. If Jesjuah turned Godhead when he left us for Heaven, one day for him would equal 1000 years, bring out your calculators, for he has only one day left.... The Temple is essencial for Israel, since it is the final sign that they will return from the Diasporah dispair and persecution and become a complete nation. I bet the Masons have the cornerstone ready. Faith move mountains, but so do the stone cutters of Hiram Abiff....

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
reply to post by Shane

I've seen this site before, and apparently they have remade all the vessels of the Temple:

www.templeinstitute.org...

These people seem serious enough. Remember that Jesjuah ha Mesjiah said he would tear down the Temple and rebuild it within three days. Crusifiction was merely a sign that his words were true. Because of the Jewish revolt in the sixties AD the Temple was destroyed in 70 AD, and now, two millennia later people plan to rebuild it. If Jesjuah turned Godhead when he left us for Heaven, one day for him would equal 1000 years, bring out your calculators, for he has only one day left.... The Temple is essencial for Israel, since it is the final sign that they will return from the Diasporah dispair and persecution and become a complete nation. I bet the Masons have the cornerstone ready. Faith move mountains, but so do the stone cutters of Hiram Abiff....

Best of luck on them removing Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock to build it.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

Originally posted by ReelView

Wow, what a load of crap.

Can you please cite some sources? Who was the priest, what was the radio show, who were the leaders, when was the meeting and where was it?

Actually, any of those would do.

Eric

Jack Chick (the guy from those Chick tracts) has a comic book The Prophet online that you can read that covers that 'theory.'

It was 'exposed' by a guy named Alberto Rivera here the comics about him.

It's total non-sense. Stuff fundamentalist Christians make up...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

There is actually a way to fulfill the prophecy and with the Mosq still standing. Remember that the outer court yard is left for the gentiles. The rock inside the Dome of the Rock was the place where Abraham is said to have nearly sacrificed Isaak uppon (human sacrifice is "very gentile", so I suppose that it could work out fine with some remorse and handshaking, crying and praying). Once the Nile ran from East to West.... So when the Messiah comes walking through the entrance of the Temple from the East, who knows which direction the prophets meant....?

[edit on 17/1/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Most of what I've read always has the Dome of the Rock removed and The Temple built in it's spot. There isn't any other way the Orthodox Jews would accept it. They want it on the Temple Mount, no compromise. It's not like Muslims would allow the Temple to built next to the Dome either.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

There's loads of space on the mount, without any of the current standing buildings being removed. Besides, the current so called orthodox Jews down there have to use a curling iron by their temples to make their hair flow like in my and my neighbours' hair. So I don't even care what they think. All they want is power and genocide anyway, godless prawns of Satan's synagogue. Askanazi "Jews" aren't fully Hebrews. Genetically they genetically belong to a line where two female Jews of Judah tribe who had sex with certain Romans, producing what is now most of Israel's population.... Two horns anyone? The curls by the corner of the temples, the true sign of Israel is native with people of Northern Europe and Beritannia, but only a few of the Askanazis have them naturally. The ones who have straight hair with curls by the temples down there these days are mixed with Northern Europeans. Hitler sawr us as Arians, the truth is we are belonging to Israeli tribes, like Dan and Joseph. And we live alongside Japhetans, and these days even our brothers of Hams tribe is with us again. I feen so ashamed by the Askanazi. How can they join hands with those devils who make war on false pretence, seeking to destroy Babylon just to reveil what the Good Book prophesy, that they are the beast.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
Best of luck on them removing Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock to build it.

Well as strange as it may sound, evidence suggests the Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock are in no way hindering the Rebuilt Temple.

There is two trains of thought on this that I had been made aware of.

1: When one considers the Wailing Wall, which are foundations stone of the Original Temple, and align the Measurements of the Temple, you will find there is room for all three (GOD Inspired) Temples. Remember Isaiah 56:7

Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

2: If you wander around the Top Square, to the left of the Dome of the Rock, you find the "Well of Souls". It is suggested, that the Well of Souls is directly over the spot where the Holy of Holies is said to have been located. Again, taking the Measurements of the Temple into consideration, you once again, find SPACE IS AVAILABLE for immeadiate construction.

And remember, we are speaking of a RE-BUILT TEMPLE. Not the Temple Mount Complex which included Stables, Courtyards, and etc......

The Temple Building

The main Temple building rises to a height of 100 cubits, which is approximately 50 meters or 164 feet. (A cubit is the distance from an average man's elbow to the end of his middle finger, estimated at between 48-57.6 cm / 19-22.6 inches.) The Great Gate of the Sanctuary faces due east and the front of the building is 100 cubits wide. The building is somewhat narrower at the back, giving it a form reminiscent of a crouching lion.

The building consists of three main parts. To the west is the innermost and holiest of all: the Holy of Holies (Kodesh Kodoshim or Dvir), which is 20 cubits (10 m/33 ft) square. In it is the Foundation Stone (Even Shetiyah) upon which stands the Ark of the Covenant. No-one may enter the Holy of Holies except the High Priest once each year on the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur). The second main part of the building is the Sanctuary (Heichal) which stands to the east of the Holy of Holies and has the same width but is twice as long from west to east. The Sanctuary contains the Candelabrum, lit morning and evening, the Golden Altar, on which incense is burned morning and evening, and the Show Bread Table, on which twelve loaves stand from Shabbat to Shabbat. The main entrance to the Sanctuary is through its Great Gate, which stands in the east wall flanked by smaller gates on either side. Outside the Great Gate is the third main part of the Temple building: the Vestibule (Ulam), a great portico flanked by two mighty Pillars.

The Vestibule, its Pillars and twelve imposing steps leading up to the building would give it a most striking front facade. The windows in the walls of the Temple and its chambers and courtyards are all narrow on the inside, widening on the outside, because the Temple does not require light from outside since it radiates light from within.

A system of cells built around the north, south and west walls of the Sanctuary and Holy of Holies adds significantly to the length and breadth of the building, as do two areas in front on either side of the Vestibule: these are known as "The Place of the Knives".

So, Let the building begin!

No, I jest in some regards, because many things still need to occur, and the actions of Pope Bene are a clear indication of the ongoing efforts by those pulling the strings to bring this matter to a conculsion which sees a PEACE deal between the two Cousins, (The Jews in this case, and the Arab's) and the wandering Nomads recently called Palestinians.

The UN.
The Pope.
The EU.
The US.
The Arab States.
Israel.

These all have parts to play, and actions to finalize before the PEACE deal, and inspite of the many things that need to be addressed, it will not take long, once the next step is made. Each step will be easier and easier, until it will seems as though a SPRINT is occuring.

But taking a simple look at the events that transpire daily, we are closer and closer each and every morning.

70 Years ago one would think you where nutty to believe in the events of Revelations. Ten years later, and tada, the Parable of the fig tree comes into play and Israel is reborn. This generation shall not pass, til all these things come to be, or so the quote goes.

In the coming year or so, we may see Hugo Chavez will get his wish and be seated in the City of the World in a U.N. General Assembly. Somewhere near the Kenesset.

That is why we propose this Assembly that the United Nations should leave a country that does not respect the resolutions taken by this same Assembly. Some proposals have pointed out to Jerusalem as an international city as an alternative. The proposal is generous enough to propose an answer to the current conflict affecting Palestine.

The Vatican may also make use of "Their" lands in the Holy City and press the U.N. to do more in the manner of Protection. The Vatican has made this clear in 2000, and nothing has changed this view todate.

VATICAN SEEKS PACT FOR JERUSALEM
VATICAN, Nov. 14, 00 (CWNews.com) -- The Holy See has entered a new plea for international guarantees protecting access to the holy sites of Jerusalem.

Speaking at the United Nations, during a debate on the status of Palestinian refugees, Archbishop Renato Martino said that Jerusalem's shrines should be protected against all sorts of political maneuvers. In the course of his address-- which was delivered on October 30, but made public by the Vatican on November 14-- the archbishop reiterated the Vatican view that there should be "a statute guaranteed internationally to safeguard the holy places of Jews, Christians, and Muslims." He observed that these three great monotheistic religions account for 45 percent of the world's population, and consequently Jerusalem should be seen as a common "spiritual patrimony" for humanity.

The "unique character" of Jerusalem as a city sacred to three great religions makes it essential that religious leaders, not politicians, control the holy sites, Archbishop Martino said. "The holy places should be protected against use for political ends."

In an exchange for Peace, Israel may grant U.N. control of the Capital, inorder to rebuild the Temple.

You could say, it will never happen, but it isn't upto you. GOD has said it will happen, and it will only take HIS DIVINE Guidance to have the senario occur as HE has planned.

Ciao

Shane

P.S. My Opinion of events we may see, are only that. My Opinions. They are not Scriptural, but they are not in contradiction to scripture either.

SOURCES
Isaiah
The Temple
Hugo Chavez
Vatican - U.N.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
snipped a bunch of madness here.

Sorry guys....

[edit on 18/1/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Still even if they did rebuilt it next to the Dome of the Rock wouldn't it have to be the Moshiach that starts it and not a group or lobby?

The Orthodox Jews are fickle about details now, remember that...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join