It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘New Hampshire Makes to Outlaw Federal Agents?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Seems that New Hampshire is another with the guts to tell the Federal GZovernment that States rights are NOT going to be ignored nor circumvented!
Zindo

News Article

Excerpt:

States Rights Item

‘New Hampshire Makes to Outlaw Federal Agents?’
by Warner Todd Huston (1/10/10)

Imagine a state law that says that any federal agent that comes into said state and runs afoul of a new state law should be considered a felon! Well, that is what New Hampshire is about to do if HB1285(1) passes during the coming 2010 legislative session.

HB1285 is another one of those laws that exempts all firearms and firearms accessories that are made in a state from certain federal restrictions if they remain in that state. Several states have made attempts to implement these 10th Amendment laws and New Hampshire intends to be one of the next to do so.

Thus far Montana and Tennessee have passed their own firearms freedom acts and thirteen or so other states have introduced or are introducing laws that exempts local firearms industries and accessories as well as in-state firearms owners from overweening federal gun banning laws.

To be sure, these laws have not yet been challenged in a Supreme Court case and there is no doubt that they will be, but until that happens as each state passes its own firearms act exempting its in-state manufacturers and owners from federal laws we cannot help but expect an increasing amount of tension to build up between the states and the federal government as a result.

All that said there is an interesting aspect of the New Hampshire law that goes a step beyond that of other states, that being the aforementioned idea of making felons of federal agents that dare to try and implement federal firearms laws that conflict with the new state laws.

Here is section II. of the Penalty section of New Hampshire’s proposed new Lawful Commerce in Firearms law: (my emphasis)

II. Any official, agent, or employee of the government of the United States, or employee of a corporation providing services to the government of the United States that enforces or attempts to enforce a act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the government of the United States upon a personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in New Hampshire and that remains within the State of New Hampshire shall be guilty of a class B felony.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is OUTSTANDING NEWS!! The scariest part for me is the fact that State governments are deeming these steps necessary! It is not just Conspiracy Theorists, or anti-Obamanites, or just staunch Conservatives. It is actually entrenched politicians from all parties that are starting to see the Federal Government bloat out of control and run amuck on personal freedoms and state's rights!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The more we as citizens and the states show that we intend to remain independent and resourceful and demand our right to what our Constitution means the more the elitists will wonder where and when the next shoe will drop. They are not so sure anymore that we will lay down and take what it is they want to shove down our throats!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I am really proud of New Hampshire. At least a few states in the union are starting to see how fat the government is becoming, and how much of a danger to our liberties it is. Way to go New Hampshire!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
New Hampshire makes me happy.

New Hampshire gives me hope.

Thank you, everyone in New Hampshire!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This news is great!

Keep up the push New Hampshirites!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Awesomesauce!

Nice job, New Hampshire! The Founding Fathers would've been proud!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
wow best news i have heard all day

that's fantastic

States rights are a must...

At a loss for words here, very rare for me... good news, good news indeed

top topics

join