It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America WILL Enter Another Deppression

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
These numbers will astonish you.

US National Debt Clock

This will blow away your mind. 12.3 Trillion dollar national debt, growing more by the second.

I haven't said much, just click the link, and that is all that needs to be said.

The state this country is in... wow.

I just watched America go 10 Million dollars more in debt, in about 5 minutes!!!

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Astonishing isn't it. Why should citizen's be financially responsible in their own lives when your somehow still in debt anyway? Even though I will be completely personal debt free soon my household will have over 700,000 (assuming we have no more children) of debt from this nonsense.

What baffles my mind is the enormous disparity between the budget, the revenue, and the spending. Seriously. If my accountant had made such an error not only would he be fired, he'd be in jail. What is the point of setting a budget when you have zero intention of sticking to it, or close to it, or within the ballpark, oh hell, it's not even in the universe.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Has anybody ever taken the time to wonder if this whole budget crisis has been manipulated by the government the entire time as a way to keep us down? I mean, it would make perfect sense in an NWO conspiracy. Keep the economy down until the point where people can't take it anymore, they rebel, and then *POOF!* an immediate call for an NWO comes into play.

But then again, if the government wasn't using our tax dollars to fund the underground bunkers for a 2012 situation, we might not be in this fiscal mess...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
Has anybody ever taken the time to wonder if this whole budget crisis has been manipulated by the government the entire time as a way to keep us down? I mean, it would make perfect sense in an NWO conspiracy. Keep the economy down until the point where people can't take it anymore, they rebel, and then *POOF!* an immediate call for an NWO comes into play.

But then again, if the government wasn't using our tax dollars to fund the underground bunkers for a 2012 situation, we might not be in this fiscal mess...

nuff said. What is astonishing is it only takes a few billionaire bankers to put a stop to this if they wanted to. Nope it's because they don't make enough money. A billion dollars isn't enough to support their family.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Shrukin89]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
America WILL Enter Another Deppression

I agree, but with one caviat. I would change "will enter" to "has entered."

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

The money is made up anyway. It's a runaway illusion, a creation of our own making that causes more harm than good, especially in the last century. I'm so tired of that green god dominating everyone's lives.

This debt clock is proof to me that the whole thing is meaningless. Look how they ignore the massive debt and just throw more and more money at various problems and issues and when they run out they print more. It's monopoly money and people have caught onto that fact...

Where do we go from here? Great Depression? Total Collapse? My guess is TPTB will keep the wounds stitched together and let us limp on for a while longer, they know we're on the brink and if the people get pushed any further there could be violence (even in this docile land of sheep).

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
My guess is TPTB will keep the wounds stitched together and let us limp on for a while longer, they know we're on the brink and if the people get pushed any further there could be violence (even in this docile land of sheep).

Looks like somebody else (love him or hate him) may possibly agree with you:

The bankers struggled to make themselves clear to the president of the United States.

Arrayed around a long mahogany table in the White House state dining room last week, the CEOs of the most powerful financial institutions in the world offered several explanations for paying high salaries to their employees — and, by extension, to themselves.

“These are complicated companies,” one CEO said. Offered another: “We’re competing for talent on an international market.”

But President Barack Obama wasn’t in a mood to hear them out. He stopped the conversation and offered a blunt reminder of the public’s reaction to such explanations. “Be careful how you make those statements, gentlemen. The public isn’t buying that.”

“My administration,” the president added, “is the only thing between you and the pitchforks.”

Source:
www.politico.com...

[edit on 1/14/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think money is useless and a waste of time but its too ingrained in us to function without it. How would we convince a surgeon to continue his/her high pressure job where lives are at stake if he/she isn't making more than people in lines of work that have less of a burden of responsibility?

Surely there is an answer somehwere but I have never been able to come up with a satisfactory solution that doesn't involve humans becoming completely selfless and noble, which is impossible in my opinion

Cheers

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thebulldog

Good points...without incentive, there is no reason to go the extra distance. Incentive is needed...but it needs to be fair, reasonable, transparent, and in accordance with the rule of the law.

A surgeon saving somebody's life, to use your example, makes far, far less than a trader shuffling a few bytes of data from screen A to screen B.

There are existing mecahnisms to handle many of the issues involved...they just haven't been utilized for whatever reason(s). Also, the pendulum has swung too far in favor of finacialization and deregulation. SOME rules and constraints are necessary. Seems like all these "champeons of the free market" feel perfectly comfortable coming to the "big bad government" for free handouts when times get tough. But that blade cuts both ways...if the government is going to bail out the banks, then the bank heads should be paid salaries like government officials...or fired. Or, alternatively, the government should just let the banks fail. You can't cheer on "deregulation" when you are winning and then pull a 180-degree flip to the "protection" side when your chips are down.

[edit on 1/14/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
We are already in a depression they will just not say it. What I wonder is what did they do with all that money remember how they where going to build roads and libraries and such where did it go?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
All anyone need do is look at the US Debt Clock on usdebtclock.org to see the truth. Grown up adult people with intelligence and education can't allow these numbers to occur by accident. When you consider the financial educations of the people involved, how can anyone using common sense believe that THEY are the victims of these circumstances. There is no question as to the criminal nature and intent of the people who created the economic circumstances we find ourselves in today.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

capitalism has inherent in its very foundation the basic human instinct, acheive! compete, struggle, and reap the rewards of having faced both, victory and defeat. This is Life, capitalism is not the ogre rampaging through our economy, it is the government. Honorable, free men left to themselves will regulate a free market economy much more efficiently and cost effectively.

The framers of our constitution knew the dangers of unchecked government, and democracies. They went to great lengths to spell out government's role in society, and to ensure that a republic not a democracy would be the basis of that government.

They even went so far as to place a reminder in the bill of rights, the 10th amendment, spelling out plain as day, if we didnt give it to you specifically in the constitution, then it was the province of the states or the people.

we should have listen to them.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89
What is astonishing is it only takes a few billionaire bankers to put a stop to this if they wanted to. Nope it's because they don't make enough money. A billion dollars isn't enough to support their family.

Astonishing that you put no blame on elected politicians and yourself if you have failed to express your opinion in a republic while you still have one.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

Nowhere in my post did I attack capitalism per se. And I specifically noted that the mechanisms were in place to deal with many of our problems. So we agree, foundationally.

What I do object to is what we might term "selective capitalism." When it benefits the big banks, they range and storm against "protectionism." But when they screw up, they run sobbing right back into the arms of the government. Do smaller businesses get that treatment? Of course not! So why should big banks, and big banks alone, get it? Another thing I am against is the way the economy has been hollowed out, with all the manufacturing going overseas. This leads to excessive focus on the financial sector, which leads to the kind of mess we are in now.

Capitalism itself is not possible without the rule of law -- capitalism without at least SOME regulation = anarchy. There are laws in place to protect various parties, and ways of changing them to suit the circumstances. All I ask is for rule of law, clarity, transparency, and fairness. What we have now is not capitalism. It is privatized rewards and socialized risk, which is a road to disaster.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

It's funny that you say that, my husband and I were just saying that if the government had given bailouts to FAMILIES, instead of banks and multi million dollar corporations, the average person would be much better off and the money would have still filtered up to these banks(debt repayment) and corporations (more cash=more luxury spending) anyway.

BUT NO. That would have been way too easy.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I really don't know why this suprises Americans anymore. America is the last bastion of middle class power........including a well armed middle class. We are the number one impediment to a true new world order. Europe is toast. Have been for years. Their middle class has been gutted if there ever was one and their guns?????? LMAO! England is done. Middle class is gone..........their guns? Again LMAO!

We've had hyperglobalist Presidents serving for the last 50+ years. Clinton, Bush and Obama are some of the worst and single handedly have driven us further and further into the hands of the NWO. America will be a third world nation. Most third world nations have several characteristics that America soon will have...........

1. Destruction of a large prosperous middle class......dissolving into the rich and the poor..........CHECK!
2. A tyrannical and extremely corrupt government...............CHECK!
3. A country in which global multinational corporations control a large swath of resources, real estate and assets................CHECK!
4. The country as a whole is indebted to other nations...............CHECK!
5. The educational system is broke and standards are dismal.......the best and brightest are from the rich and most propserous of society.........CHECK!

Should I go on????? Care to add anything else?

Oh yeah CRUMBLING INFRASTRUCTURE..............it's coming folks.......the only question is how many Americans are going to sit on their hands and let it happen or stand up and stop it from happening........so far I see a lot of people sitting on their hands...........more interested in Avatar and twitting than changing the direction of their country.

There will NEVER be a more free country than the US.....and when it dies so does the entire American ideology of freedom and liberty. It's sad what is happening to what was once the greatest, most free nation on Earth. I know people all over the world in poor countries that have more freedom than we as Americans do. But we hide behind our prosperity and excess and subsitute material freedom for true freedom and liberty.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
One of the issues as I see them in all Western economies is how we are going to repay the debts they have acrued with the bailouts and money printing..

What will the impact be on the average person/small business when all these new tax hikes start is anyones guess but it won't be good.

Some [expletive] on the BBC this morning forcast that the UK is now out of recession (in their opinion) BUT, there will be at least 10 year of pain to repay the bailouts.

The issue I have is that they (the MSM & Establishment) keep slipping that line in that the "real pain" is yet to come..

So what level of "pain" are they expecting us to endure?

(has anyone else noticed that word slipping in when they are talking about economic recovery?)

In my opinion we are coming to the end of the bailout phase and going to enter the repayment phase soon.. and I feel that we are all literally going to be stuffed by our respective governments very soon.

That is going to cause major problems for us all.. how many struggling businesses will survive, how many more will be made redundant (laid off) due to rising taxes etc.

How many more coporates will use the tax hikes as a means to keep wages down and staff fearfull of their positions.

So using MSM terms, the real pain is yet to come..

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
the New world order is in effect* Look around it is evidence. corporations and greed are jsut as responsable for this as the FED, president and congress allowing this to happen, if not the masterminds behind it all* LEt it go down in history, marking themselves as the most wasteful dishonest, greedy powerhungry idiots of the mellenia*
The first depression, i dont think most knew what would happen. They do today, and since foreign countrys, AIG are more important than our living human lives...may they all vbe recognized as trecherous benedict acrnolds and murderers*

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I agree with all except the part about being in repayment mode. The housing market is heading for what many see as being another massive wave of defaults. All of the 2005-2007 adjustable rate mortgages that were primarily teaser rates (short term low rates just to get people to qualify) are due to adjust starting some time this year. When this happens they are expecting possibly 40-50% of them to go into default. If this occurs, based on what happened in 08, we should see another collapse in the financial markets leading to a panic in the stock market possibly worse what than we had in the early part of 09. Remember many investors were caught of guard last time and will not want to be last to the exit this time around.
Obviously no one has a crystal ball (yes even the people on the prophecy threads) but I feel it would be prudent to prepare for the worst but hope for the best, and vote for conservatives (not democrats or republicans)but true conservatives this fall.
God bless

[edit on 18-1-2010 by murfdog]

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
There will NEVER be a more free country than the US.....

Right. That again. When you're not allowed to drink until you're 21, you're not a real free country.

Keep deluding yourself that you have more freedoms than anyone else. Well, compared to Zimbabwe or Iraq, you do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join