It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no conspiracy to suppress free energy technologies.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
There is not a conspiracy to conceal or suppress free energy technology. The reason that I know this is because no parts of such a conspiracy theory make sense.

These conspiracy theories have two main components. The first component is that a free energy or extremely low cost energy technology exists. This technology provides energy at significantly reduced cost compared to conventional sources of energy, and can usually be created on a small enough scale that individuals could be build their own machines and power their own homes. The technology manifests as a device that is said to be “over-unity,” or more than 100% efficient, meaning its output is greater than its input, so once it gets started it is self sustaining and continuously generating usable energy. The details of how such devices work vary considerably from theory to theory, however there are two main flavors of over-unity technology. The first type exploits zero-point energy by extracting energy from quantum effects in a small volume of space. The second type involves electromagnetism and kinetic energy - there is some peculiar arrangement of permanent magnets, electromagnets, current carrying wires, and/or spinning masses which when configured correctly generates more energy than it takes to run. I am not going to get into the details of how these generators work because they vary significantly from theory to theory. All of these devices would violate mainstream scientific theories, most notably conservation of energy.

The second component of the theories is that this technology is being suppressed because it would have catastrophic implications for established industries, and those industries have(often with the aid of governments) the power to suppress the technology or that the development of these technologies would destabilize the global economy and so the governments of the world work to suppress it.

There is no reason to think that either component of these conspiracy theories are true, and in fact there is a mountain of evidence suggesting that they are untrue.

If these sorts of things were possible, one would think that some evidence of them being possible would be found by one or several of the many universities researching physics and engineering. Quantum physics is an active field of study at many universities. Unless the suggestion is that all universities studying quantum physics are in on the conspiracy, it is unreasonable to suspect that they wouldn’t figure out that one can extract usable energy of zero-point states, and that instead some guy figured it out in his garage. It is a field that real work is being done on every day by very smart people and they have found nothing like this yet. That doesn’t necessarily mean that the tech. is impossible, but the people who you would expect to find it first have not found it. The fact is that the realities of quantum physics are mysterious to most people, and people like to speculate about things that are mysterious to them. The same argument applies to magnet based over-unity devices. Universities would have figured it out already. There are specific scientific arguments that prohibit any specific device that has been proposed from working, but the main issue is this: conservation of energy is well established - every time in history that an experiment has been done in a lab it has obeyed conservation of energy. That means that every one of those experiments is evidence supporting conservation of energy. There is no reason to believe that it may be violated.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The idea that these technologies would ruin the economies of the world is nonsense. There is no evidence of any technology ever being detrimental to an economy as a whole. Yes, certain industries and certain products would be made obsolete, but that happens all the time. Technology is constantly advancing concurrently with the growth of economies. Not only is it the general case that advancing technology helps economies as a whole, but in this particular case it seems intuitive that the economic advantage of easy to construct, small scale over-unity devices would provide a tremendous boon to the global economy(Transportation, shipping, manufacturing, the easy availability of goods and services in otherwise distant/inaccessible places, basic transit, the further facilitation of globalization, military applications, easy access to extra-terrestrial resources, mobility of currently immobile grind-bound techs, ect...).

Finally, this technology would not be any more free than any existing natural recourse. We don’t pay the earth for getting oil from the ground or trees from the forest or fish from the seas. We wouldn’t pay the “free” energy source for the energy. We would still need the raw materials to build the devices, and we would need people to build and sell the devices. It is not substantially different from solar power or wind power.

The theory that this sort of tech exists and is being suppressed doesn't make sense in terms of the science behind it, it doesn't make sense in terms of the economic implications, and it doesn't make sense in terms of the actual carrying out of the suppression/conspiracy.

Certain technologies - such as human cloning, stem cell research, eugenics, manufacturing techniques for certain drugs and certain weapons/bombs - are suppressed, but these technologies are suppressed on ethical grounds.

*This thread is based on a previous post of mine on this thread(and was inspired by that discussion):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Lovely.
Finally somebody making sense with a clear view and logical and relative explanation by writing understandable arguments.

Thanks !!

A real eye opener in a paranoid community.
Makes me feel the ground with my feet again.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I was a fuel systems engineer for 20 years. Believe me if we could have squeeked 50 mpg out at a marketable rate and beat the other guys to it we would have.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well thought out OP I can't argue any of that. I can humbly admit you have made me question a belief I have held for a while and find it on shaky ground. This is why I come here to learn and have my beliefs put to the litmus test. Thank you very much OP. Starred.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

as for me, your thread makes less sense than those conspiracy theories. a bit too many people mysteriously died to ignore everything, even if I'm a sceptic about everything. too many myths and legends out there. all myths and legends comes to life out some real accidents. I think there is nothing free, but there many other sources of energy I don't know about.
and secondly if I was rich and mighty I could find many reasons to lie and deny, it's not about competition. what competition there can be if I am already king of the hill? If I'm already master of the world, the only enemy of mine - is the one below me.
your thread really does not make any sense.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Thats all wrong.

Of course the government is screwing you.
Using any form of common sense and logic we can see free energy = less money for the money masters.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Though free energy may not exist, the motive to suppress such technology is certainly there; thus, the conspiracy surrounding the topic.

my 2-cents

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Tim00

I understand what you are saying, but I totally disagree. First of all, my thread does make sense, you just don't find it compelling. You understand what I am saying but you don't agree. It's not that it doesn't make sense.

My response to you is this: in order to approach this problem, what you should do is weigh the evidence. On the one hand you talk about mysterious deaths - fine, that can be the evidence for free energy. But if we look at the evidence against over-unity technology, and against free energy, it is overwhelming. A relatively small number of supposedly "mysterious deaths" cannot possibly convince you that basic mainstream physical principals - for which there is a ton of evidence - can be and are being violated by secret machines. It just doesnt stack up...mysterious deaths don't cancel out conservation of energy. At least not under any reasonably objective analysis.

Also, saying that all myths and legends come from something true is only a saying. This is not the case, and it would be crazy to proceed as though it were, because then we would be stuck believing every myth and legend and would have no grasp of reality. If two myths disagree, which one is based on reality? The answer is that neither of them necessarily are, and without evidence there is no reason to believe otherwise.

Your second argument - the king of the hill argument - makes sense to say but doesn't seem to be born out by any facts. Computers replaced type-writers, yet the typer-writer industry didn't suppress computers. Cars replaced horse drawn buggies, yet the horse drawn buggy industry didn't suppress cars. Cell phones are replacing land lines as we speak, and no phone company is fighting to suppress cell phones. The list goes on. It happens constantly that major industries and products are made obsolete. It makes sense in a way to say that the established industries would try to suppress competition, but that is just not what actually happens in reality.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EndOfTheWorld7 and Aggie Man

I disagree that the motivation is there. And I disagree that "Using any form of common sense and logic we can see free energy = less money for the money masters."

There are no technologies for which this is true in history. Why once industries become established is there ever any progress if they are out suppressing the competition? Because they aren't. It might be good for them but it's a against the law and the government enforces that law because obviously advancing technology ALWAYS benefits economies. If this was the way that the world worked - that new technologies were suppressed by the industries that they threatened - you would not see the kind of constant technological development that you do see.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Ok, but I have to disagree.

The governments have top of the line technology that they don't share.
U.S Military / gov admits is using technology 50-100 years ahead of whatever crap we got.
They have super computers and super jet plains with spy technology that most people haven't even heard about.
The U.S / Israel is crying over Iran farming their own Uranium.
What ever technology they let us have like cell phones, internet ect they just find a way to rape everyone for money as much as possible before releasing it.
And if you try to make anything too good, like free energy you get popped.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by EndOfTheWorld7]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndOfTheWorld7
U.S Military / gov admits is using technology 50-100 years ahead of whatever crap we got.

Care to show a valid source for that claim? No, i did not think you could!

They have super computers

actually Universities have better supercomputers than the military

And if you try to make anything too good like free energy you get popped.

silly conspiracy theory not based on anything factual.

You would think Japan would be pushing the free energy bandwagon, almost totally relying on oil imports, if there was actually anything to push!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Though free energy may not exist.

That is just not true, there is free energy every where we just don't know how to harvest it.

How do we know that there is no one out there that has a free energy mechanism but not telling us.

How about the ETs they have it why can't we.

A simple system for fee energy exists but we have no come up with it yet.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I absolutely agree and have tried to suggest some of these very ideas on numerous occasions here at ATS but you need to remember that the site leans toward conspiracies and 'suppressed secret technologies' so any suggestion of those things not being real will put you at odds with the majority of posters here.

Being involved in 'big energy' for decades, I can assure everyone that if truly 'free' energy production was a reality it would be implemented on a large scale ASAP. The energy business is highly competitive and anything that gave a producer the slightest 'edge' over competitors would never be suppressed and that the truth of that becomes even stronger in light of the proposed 'disincentives' against any technology that produces pollution such as greenhouse gasses (eg carbon taxes).

The government here is actively encouraging individuals and companies to
install solar power systems with financial assistance in setting the system up and even the ability to sell excess energy back to the network. The reality of modern solar technology is that even though it's 'free' energy, the cost of the setup will take at least 10 years of off-grid operation to recover and the batteries generally don't last even that long before needing replacement. If everyone installed a solar energy system, the next environmental crisis would be the manufacture, disposal and recycling of worn-out storage batteries and dangerous electrolytes.

There may be undiscovered sources of 'free' energy but collecting and distributing it will never be free.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

fine then, let's do this the hard way..

first: "free energy" has two (at least) meanings here. it can mean free, as no fuel required, free of charge, no coins going in to some device to get energy out of it. or the second meaning is that free energy is there of everyone to use freely, independently, energy for everyone to tap in freely without any middleman, control, taxation etc. if you get my idea.
so by fallowing second meaning, by stating "There is no conspiracy to suppress free energy technologies" you would be saying that governments and financial moguls have no intention to limit your freedom your independence.

The technology manifests as a device that is said to be “over-unity,” or more than 100% efficient, meaning its output is greater than its input, so once it gets started it is self sustaining and continuously generating usable energy.

if I fallow your simplified definition of "over-unity", I could clearly say that by plunging electric motor in to the grid I get over-unity, just because I put in very little "mechanical energy" (burned some calories etc) and got back a lot of "mechanical energy" our of electric motor. your definitions didn't mention that it must be only one source or type of energy involved.
so far we are just converting one source of energy in to another, kinetic in to electric, thermal in to kinetic in to electric, photovoltaic in to electric, electric in to photovoltaic etc.. (not sure how does that applies to nuclear fission or fusion but anyways)
I'm just saying that all devices of "over-unity" and definition of "over-unity" it self - just mumbojumbo for ppl who has to much time in their hands. if some "over-unity" device works (sh*t happens), than it's not because of "over-unity" effect, but because of something else that need to be investigated, cuz it's getting energy from somewhere, or something.
nothing or nowhere does not exist.

..Quantum physics is an active field of study at many universities...

universities get money from government, scientists get paid by universities, and they study what they told to study, and they study the way they are told to study. you are unable to study something if you don't get money to study and you can go and ask money for studying all kind of "mambojumbo".. and if you don't get money you can't study..

small scale over-unity devices would provide a tremendous boon to the global economy

well yes, of course, but would it make me (me as a financial mogul) richer, more powerful, and you - poorer with even less freedom, more dependent on my good will? i'm very sorry but my power and your freedom just doesn't really work together too well..

Certain technologies - such as human cloning, stem cell research, eugenics, manufacturing techniques for certain drugs and certain weapons/bombs - are suppressed, but these technologies are suppressed on ethical grounds.

like hell.. since when do I care about ethics? they are suppressed on your level, but not in my "personal" underground labs..
for the same reason, those technologies are there for me to use. you are not on my guest list.

because then we would be stuck believing every myth and legend and would have no grasp of reality.

I never said anything about believing legends, I said every legend worth investigating. German nazies did that.. but than again, all their achievements became myths and legends them self...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Computers replaced type-writers, yet the typer-writer industry didn't suppress computers. Cars replaced horse drawn buggies, yet the horse drawn buggy industry didn't suppress cars. Cell phones are replacing land lines as we speak, and no phone company is fighting to suppress cell phones.

you just don't get it. nuclear fission power plants can replace coal plants, nuclear fusion power plants can replace fission reactors etc, I'm fine with that, I don't mind about one element replacing another element.. but you see, free energy, independent energy out there to use freely independently for everyone all around the world is not replacing some old stone age technology, it threatens to replace the whole goddamn system, that's what worries me. maybe this old system doesn't work for you, it works just fine for me, so far. that's why I rather invest trillions of your dollars (not my own of course) in to some experimental fusion reactor, that won't work probably, than let anybody build cheap energy devices for everyone there to use. cuz then I wouldn't be able to control anything, and there must be control, there must be elite and the slaves (all bellow). When you control oil, natural resources, you control the world, and you can control those rock solid stuffs. but there is no way to control something that naturally free. you think it was easy to come up with a plan how to tax you for breathing? it took decades, huge investments. so it will take many years to come up with the plan how to tax free energy and how to maintain control over the world witch runs on free energy. until then you won't see it, won't even hear it, and even if you will hear about it, don't listen, because it's a lie and it's classified.

There are no technologies for which this is true in history. Why once industries become established is there ever any progress if they are out suppressing the competition? Because they aren't. It might be good for them but it's a against the law and the government enforces that law because obviously advancing technology ALWAYS benefits economies. If this was the way that the world worked - that new technologies were suppressed by the industries that they threatened - you would not see the kind of constant technological development that you do see.

.. I just have no idea what are you talking about? what industries? I don't own any industries, I own only money printing industry, that way I own everything, I own governments, I own their debts, I own entire countries, I own their economies.. there for I just have no Idea what are you talking about.. I don't even have any money, money are there for you, I'll take the rest.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Tim00]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tim00

universities get money from government, scientists get paid by universities, and they study what they told to study, and they study the way they are told to study. you are unable to study something if you don't get money to study and you can go and ask money for studying all kind of "mambojumbo".. and if you don't get money you can't study..

With the current 'flavor of the month' in the field of innovative research being 'global warming', the study of cleaner greener energy sources and implementations are exactly what's getting the most financial support right now. Hydrogen technology research is the big thing getting research grants here at present and that's at all levels from production (eg nanotube solar cells) down to distribution, storage and converting existing engines to use it.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
With the current 'flavor of the month' in the field of innovative research being 'global warming', the study of cleaner greener energy sources and implementations are exactly what's getting the most financial support right now. Hydrogen technology research is the big thing getting research grants here at present and that's at all levels from production (eg nanotube solar cells) down to distribution, storage and converting existing engines to use it.

hydrogen fuel cells, electric cars pose no real threat to the system as a whole. sooner or later that had to come, cuz I'm running out of oil here, and even ppl like me would like to live in cleaner environment. those technologies, use the same hierarchic controlled infrastructure, the same good old system. nothing new and dangerous here. all that is like radio, mobile phones. you think about your new gadgets as if it something new and revolutionary, but in reality it's just an improved telegraph..
so again, nothing new here. just an upgrade for stone age technologies. new parts, same system.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Sorry but I disagree, i believe that a lot of alternative energies are suppressed or swept under the rug, simply for the purpose of money and power.
Take household power for example my power bill's would add up to approx $1200 per year which i would consider to be about average, lets X that by 1million homes that gives us $1.2 billion the energy companies will not receive, that's 1.2billion dollar the government can not tax us on and that's on only 1 million homes.

I also believe that zero point power is possible and has been done before do some research of Professor Searl www.searlsolution.com...
Also check out some google videos on him there is a documentary about how he created a Zero point power device and spent a short time in prison for it (back in the 60's from memory).

As to why universities have not discovered this i don't know. I guess the teachers teach the students that it is impossible and the teachers teacher taught the same etc etc. That is probably why not many people have tried.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
how he created a Zero point power device and spent a short time in prison for it (back in the 60's from memory).

He spent time in prison for stealing electricity, and did not invent a zero point device....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join