It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA searches staff after cocaine found in space shuttle hangar

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It will probably boil down to the poor schmo who pushes the broom in the hanger. To bored with the job so he escapes the way many in menial jobs do to keep from going completely out of their minds!!

ZIndo

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

How right you are , there will be finger prints but having said that , prints only prove that a person touched the bag and depending on where this bag was located , there could be any number of people that may have touched it .

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Here is another , more telling report as posted by Popular Science .....

Cocaine Found In Space Shuttle Hangar

Apparently, outer space isn't high enough for some folks over at NASA. Earlier today, NASA confirmed that a small baggie of coc aine was found in the hangar housing the space shuttle Discovery. A shuttle maintenance worker found the dime bag outside the men's room, and reported it to security. So far, no one knows who brought the bag into the Kennedy Space Flight Center.
Chemical tests of the baggie contents confirmed that it was, in fact, a dab of nose candy. NASA claims that security officials are investigating both who's blow it was, and how it got into the hangar.
NASA has a zero tolerance drug policy, so at least one person is going to get fired behind this. However, getting to the bottom of the affair might prove difficult. As Allard Beutel, a NASA spokesman, told SPACE.com, "there are no obvious indications of anyone acting oddly or under the influence."

Source

Given the above statement prints would prove to be very telling indeed .

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Come on now, .... everyone knows the only thing better than doing Cocaine is .... doing Cocaine in Space !!!

wwooo hooooo it's snowing babys !!!

Disclaimer: I do not participate in, or support the use of illegal substances. Except medicinally, .... or on the Weekend !!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I bet this will end up having ties to the Columbian's !!! For we all know that they have been trying to get their space program ( CASA ) up and running for years. Anyone remmember the space shuttle Columbia? Who came up with that name? Bet that really made em Raw. Down the rabbit hole we go.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I would not be surprised if several of these employees come back with positive test results. The number of people in this country that use illegal narcotics is vastly underestimated.

Many employers have the clause for random drug testing but then never test until there is a reason to.

I personally think that drug testing is a violation of your 5th amendment rights and its unnecessary. Obviously there are jobs and drugs that do not go well together. I dont particularly want a surgeon using '___' while operating on me but if he/she wants to use on their private time, go for it. But I think that most jobs, can and are done under the influence of some sort of drug.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Now I'm sure the SST has amphetamine type drugs on-boad for long crucial intensive tasks, depression, etc.... now are we talking about a person on base that works 14hrs + a day? now you know how they do it

NASA high pay rates I guess. Cocaine a rich-man's drug still is it?

Zelong.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Thought some of the answers NASA gives us were so far fecthed that I thought they were off their heads, now I know for sure and why.

Far out Man, hey lets send a man to the moon, aaw , but whats the point man? we can journey there on stardust and dreams, pass the powder man. far out.

Can you imagine the astronauts snorting coke before lift off?

Slow down Man, FFS slow down. but dude , we haven't even taken off yet...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I'm still in shock quite frankly.

how the hell does something like this happen in this day and age !!!

I mean, ... who, in their right mind, comes across an unclaimed bag of Cocaine and turns it in ???

that shizzle isn't evidence, it's a fun and slightly paranoid saturday night.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Well we know it wasn't the astronauts coke, there is no way they can snort it in weightlessness, it would fly away!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
Well we know it wasn't the astronauts coke, there is no way they can snort it in weightlessness, it would fly away!

This makes me think of that scene in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas where Benicio Deltoro tries to open their vial of coke while riding in the convertible.

Dr. Gonzo: You see what God just did to us, man?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Mods please note that I am not condoning the use of illegal drugs in any way shape or form, but adding pertinant information to the topic of the thread.

It's ironic that some of the hardest drugs, '___', pyote, mescaline, '___', mushrooms, GHB, and several others do not even show up in drug tests, i.e. they aren't even tested for because they are naturally occuring substances in the body. Where as pot, one of the mildest drugs will stay in the body for about a month. I have a feeling that several of the NASA guys puffed on a joint in their new years festivities and will be losing their jobs and or careers. I also have a suspection that the bag in question was planted by someone for the sole purpose of retribution.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Not really sure why this made the news. It should of been handled internally.

I'd be more worried if they found a bottle of alcohol or bag of smoke as they would certainly impair you while small amounts of coke would just make you a better worker bee.

48 hours and a test for coke will come up negative unless your a serious chronic user.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

It might make them a better worker bee for 20 min or so but once the come down kicks in that would be a different issue altogether .

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
No realistic perspective here. Cocaine is all over the place these days, especially among hard working people in their teens, twenties and thirties. Not one, but two women I had working for me a couple years ago turned out to be coke heads.

I don't use drugs - just my hypersensitivity to anything artificial. Barely can tolerste alcohol in quantity.

But it's everywhere now and if you have a few hundred employees you're sure to have a dozen at least who bring the stuff to work for a quick snort at bathroom breaks.

Despite stats and paranoia the majority of users manage to function normally and the drug is an enhancer of productivity. Just addictive and harmful with prolonged usage. Less so than alcohol and a whole list of legitimate prescription pharmaceuticals.

This whole thing is just a morality play and overreaction. IT would be more surprising if they found never found any coc aine in a large modern operation like NASA.

Someone was either careless or else is planted a bag trying to get a fellow worker fired.

M

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Kind of funny thing I just thought of...

They need to scan my rectum apparently at the airport and surround me with drug sniffing dogs and take my toothpaste from me...

But launch the space shuttle? No cameras nothing?

Screw American Airlines... next time I fly I'm just taking the space shuttle...sounds like they have an easier time of it all...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Screw that, its the same as the border with mexico .Quoth the CIA "Close it ? How the hell are we supposed to smuggle drugs through it if we close it ?!".
I think it would be just like the CIA to get all the greys hooked on coke. It might be two hundred and ten lightyears, but they'll be back !

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It appears that this is a recurring problem...

www.cnn.com...

NASA's Inspector General's Office says an investigation is under way after a white powdery substance found at the Kennedy Space Center tested positive for coc aine.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
"Take me to your dealer"
"Ok, just dont probe me"

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
That's it, the secret's out! The moon is one huge solid "rock", which is why NASA hasn't returned to the moon. The last time they went, the astronauts were warned off by a gang of dealers from Mars.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join