It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS News 09 - 2009: The Year In Review

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
We begin the new year at ATS News with a review of some of the more interesting threads and videos found on AboveTopSecret.com in 2009. Our twelfth year of being online was no disappointment as there were so many stellar threads from which to choose, this was actually a far more difficult edition to produce that we had thought. For our longer-term members, this might be a walk down memory lane, but for our newer members, you may discover some threads from this past year that you may have missed. So sit back and enjoy Johnny's review of the best of the best.

Our Picks for Notable Threads of 2009:
Independent Investigation Into Pentagon Attack Yields Alarming Information
NAVY Space Command Uncovered
AP Headline from 2004? "Kenyan-born Obama"
Stratospheric Welsbach Seeding For Reduction Of Global Warming
Evolution, It's only a theory
Rockefeller: Internet is "Number One National Hazard"
RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process
CIA Secret 'Torture' Prison Found at Fancy Horseback Riding Academy
Aliens of Ancient China
Tesla: The Forgotten Mysteries
Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?
President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize
The Government's Plan To Kill Independent Web Sites
Swine Flu news and updates thread

Our Picks for Notable Videos of 2009:
UFO Whistle-Blower Col. Philip Corso
History Denied: UFO Secrets Of The US Government
The Great Conspiracy - The 9/11 News Special You Never Saw
Barack Obama: A Question Of Eligibility
ATS Gilliland Ranch Investigation
Bay Area UFO Expo Interviews
William One Sac's Camp Hero Investigations
Swine Flu Conspiracies with Dr. Christopher Green

Our 2009 Top-Ten Conspiracy Theories Survey:
ATS's Top-Ten Conspiracy Theories of All Time

ATS News with Johnny Anonymous is a production of AboveTopSecret.com, the Internet's largest and most popular website for the discussion of alternative topics. In this time where mainstream news has let down the public with heavily-spun and biased "news as entertainment," ATS News is your only source of unbiased news and information, from those people who turned out to be right all along: conspiracy theorists.

edit on 9-6-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
12 years from being online?
WOW

Well let me be the first to say Happy Birthday ATS!!!!!

12 years and many more to come

Woo Hoo!

I was wondering if Johnny would do a show like this
Great can't wait to watch!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Haven't been a member for years but I've certainly been lurking for quite awhile! Happy new year ATS, and many more to come.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Great job as always guys. When I saw what this edition was about I was almost completely sure that a specific thread of mine would have made it into the mix. Still out of the massive pile of threads that was 2009 you really picked the good ones.

I applaud the ATS staff as always!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hey ATS can you guys make a quarterly version of this too?

Sometimes it's easy to forget great stories!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My only hope is that ATS don't give up the good work and start to please the advertisers...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Awesome work everyone.
Glad to see one of my threads make it to the line up.

The music at the start sounds like I just finished Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
nice video johnny

however I couldn't help noticing the two mistakes in the texts

" Regan " and " supression "

As a foreigner that "double-struck" me

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
ATS leaders and Johnny A, thank you all for a great review of 09!!!

2010 should be interesting to watch, too...

God Bless!

OT

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

It apears many who have high flag and star rated threads that were not mentioned in the awards seem to have posted "Recently" on their threads.

I wonder whats that about?

Great choices....

[edit on 14-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I wonder what's in store for us in 2010?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Nice Video!

I enjoyed it alot and as I only joined at the end of 2009 it’s nice to see the threads that I didn’t get a chance to see at the time.

And now thanks to the review I have actually read a fair few of them and really enjoyed them so Thanks for that!

Flagged

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Hello everyone.. I'll attempt to address some of the posts..

Originally posted by DaMod
Great job as always guys. When I saw what this edition was about I was almost completely sure that a specific thread of mine would have made it into the mix. Still out of the massive pile of threads that was 2009 you really picked the good ones.

When we first started this "Year End Review" project, we had hoped to have it completed in the first week. What we found out as we went through the 1000's of threads was that this was a much larger undertaking than we had imagined.

There were literally 100's upon 100's of fantastic threads. Please do not think for a moment that because one thread was mentioned and another wasn't implies in any way, shape or form that it (a thread not mentioned) wasn't a great thread or less important.. On the contrary.. we only had room for "X" amount of threads to reflect on.

We tip our "Tin-Foil Hats" to all of the wonderfully presented threads. The extra efforts you folks put into your presentation is a quality that we really appreciate...!

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Hey ATS can you guys make a quarterly version of this too?

At this time, there is no decision to do so. But I can assure you that any well presented thread and/or subject, gets a bit more special attention and will be more likely to make it onto the ATSnews program. And that is regardless of the flags and stars...

Originally posted by CTBAPRBR
My only hope is that ATS don't give up the good work and start to please the advertisers...

Rest soundly... Our first priority is to continue to keep ATSnews viewers abreast on topics and threads that are created by our membership.

Originally posted by MattMulder
nice video johnny, however I couldn't help noticing the two mistakes in the texts " Regan " and " supression " As a foreigner that "double-struck" me

It wasn't till after the post production was completed and uploaded that we caught the misspelled 'text'. We can only apologize for the mistakes and wish that all of our video editing/creation software had a "SpellChecker" onboard.

Originally posted by SLAYER69 It apears many who have high flag and star rated threads that were not mentioned in the awards seem to have posted "Recently" on their threads.

As mentioned before (above), it would be simply impossible to have included all the terrific threads from 2009. We tried to pick threads from a variety of forum headers (IE: Fragile Earth, Breaking News, Aliens/Ufo, Conspiracies, etc..), and the ones chosen we thought were decent representations of each of those areas. But there were 100's of other threads that we could have easily used or substituted in lieu of the ones that we did use.. Again.. bottomline, we only had so much time to try and present these in the review..

No malice or favoritism was involved and we again can only apologize that we didn't have more time, but even then, there would still be someone left out in the cold (so to speak)..

Originally posted by StevesResearch
I wonder what's in store for us in 2010?

Great question..! Who knows.. maybe there will be a unveiling soon of information on this very subject...

Thanks again to everyone for watching our little program. It's our hopes and desire that with the continued creation of well tailored and presented threads, that we might be able to showcase "your presentation" on the ATSnews in the near future..!

Johnny

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Happy Birthday ATS , it's always Nice to come to a Place that dosen't Conform Blindly to the " Party Line " .........

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Great review, a couple of threads in there that I didn't even know about made for some fascinating reads. Lookin' forward to 2010.

P.S, for Johnny: Its pronounced serbsta (read it how you see it) not ser-BEE-sta.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
Great review, a couple of threads in there that I didn't even know about made for some fascinating reads. Lookin' forward to 2010.

P.S, for Johnny: Its pronounced serbsta (read it how you see it) not ser-BEE-sta.

Sorry..!

You can understand that trying to figure out how people pronounce their 'exotic' and unique 'nicknames' is a thorn in my side like you'll never know.. But I will never get your name wrong again.. (I hope...LOL).

Thanks for the clarification ("Serb-Sta")!
Johnny

[edit on 1/16/2010 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Happye Be-deay, yeaa. COngrats ATS. I love it here. thank yiu for making the site.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Just got finished watching again, and as always an awesome job, Johnny!

You fit in a great number of threads in that time-frame and the poll indeed did produce interesting results. Upwards and onwards for 2010, and can't wait until the next edition!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

It apears many who have high flag and star rated threads that were not mentioned in the awards seem to have posted "Recently" on their threads.

SLAYER does great world politics threads supplying solid information and insightful commentary.

There are some real thought provoking discussions and knowledgeable people on ATS.

So it's doubly disconcerting to see mentioned as top thread of the year one that I participated in that was obscenely long due to troll infestation. The original poster, who abandoned the thread, put froward some lunatic fringe article about some clown selling videos that try to prove a plane didn't really hit the Pentagon.

The dopey stuff, the agenda driven stuff, the hatred spreading topics get more action than the serious investigation.

This year has seen teenagers or like-minded dominate the forum.

M

[edit on 16-1-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Awesome! I just wish The Abundance Paradigm was included... [wink]

Many better years ahead!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join