It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov't Contractor Offers 2012 Shelters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ha, I stumbled upon this through a Facebook post related to underground bases and bunkers. This website, who allegedly develops installations for the US Government, offers a full blown 2012 product!

www.hardenedstructures.com...

Threat Assessment: While the shelter will be designed and constructed to mitigate the anticipated effects of 12/21/2012, no one knows for certain what, if anything will actually occur on this date. However, most engineers and scientists agree that for a fully protected 2012 shelter the following threats must be mitigated;
1. 3-Bars Blast Overpressure of 45 psi
2. Force 10 Earthquake in successions
3. 450 MPH winds
4. Extreme Gamma & Neutron attenuation from a 100 megaton air burst detonated 20 miles away
5. Solar Flares with 1,000,000 volt EMP
6. Flooding (complete submersion for 100 hours)
7. Extreme External Fires at 1250 F for 10 days
8. Magnetic Pole Shift
9. Radiological, Chemical and Biological Weapons
10. Forced Entry and Armed Assaults
11. 12’ of snow and 10’ of rain
12. 500 lb Hail Stones or flying debris at a speed of 100 mph

The shelter will generally function as a stand-alone underground fortress. Self Rescue supplies and Emergency Escape man-ways and extraction procedures must be included in the basic design as to allow radical movement of the structure and extreme surface conditions. If this shelter is forced to the surface it must be capable of surviving all of the above threats absent the protection of earth coverage. Post Attack Recovery Plans specific to the facility’s function/capabilities are to incorporate the anticipated after-effects of the Threat Event and allow for occupant survival ability and sustainability.

What was that old South Park underpants gnome thing?

Step 1: Steal Underpants
Step 2: ?
Step 3: Profit

Sounds like here we have;

Step 1: Scare Public
Step 2: Build 2012 Stuff
Step 3: Profit

They seem to have found step 2!

[edit on 14-1-2010 by DocEmrick]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I remember how a lot of my colleagues bought generators, built shelters, etc. for Y2K.

Nothing wrong it being prepared, mind you. But there's always going to be someone ready to jump on the bandwagon and make a profit. Seems to me that is the case here.

Hey, maybe we can do it too! Let's put together some kind of "Welcoming Enlightenment" package to sell!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I remember how a lot of my colleagues bought generators, built shelters, etc. for Y2K.

Nothing wrong it being prepared, mind you. But there's always going to be someone ready to jump on the bandwagon and make a profit. Seems to me that is the case here.

Hey, maybe we can do it too! Let's put together some kind of "Welcoming Enlightenment" package to sell!

Genius! I'll register the domain name and set up the website. Let's do it! We can make thousands off pour souls.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If people didnt check the SOHO images from this last week you should start looking.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This was on Conspiracy Theory last night. The science expert even said that NASA publicly announced in 2008 that there would be a massive Solar Flare sometime in late 2012.

Link: (I know it was on Fox News, but I'm too lazy to search for the actually NASA article right now)www.youtube.com...

These shelters are being made for the elitist in this country that won't even be able to make a campfire without a maid or butler to do it for them. They won't be able to fix anything mechanical, nor be able to hunt for food if the need should arise. I think the quote "The meek shall inherit the Earth" is correct. Those of us that have these practical skills will make it out alive, where the elite will just fry in their bunkers.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Ah, now I understand why the person posted it in relation to Underground Bases, a theory that I'm still on the fence about.

Well, what if nothing happens in 2012? I guess the "elite" will consider it no big loss, as it only cost a few million, compared to the billions lining their pockets.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
What does he charge and where do i get a loan.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick

Ah, now I understand why the person posted it in relation to Underground Bases, a theory that I'm still on the fence about.

What are you on the fence about? 2012 theory or "underground bases"?

2012 is debatable yes.

But underground bases? No debate, they ARE real and there is tons and tons and tons of proof everywhere.

I mean how else would Russia or the USA consider fighting a nuclear war anyways? Above ground?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
What does he charge and where do i get a loan.

Well if we want the 2012 structure build to full specifications.

Sadly we are probably looking at 5million dollars +++.

Possibly upwards to 15million dollars.

So yeah, were screwed.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
if it happens and i don,t think it will . any kind of shelter should be reserved for the young and people with practical skills such as farming , medical and construction . anyone over 50 without any of these skills should be excluded
we have to be practical here , those people will be needed to rebuild a new life after the disaster

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Honestly, I wouldn't mind having one just for the hell of it. Throw an Xbox 360, a PS3, an Alienware computer, and a highspeed connection. A fridge full of food and water, and an unlimited budget. Oh and a bathroom.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No, I believe in legitimate underground bases. But, ones with aliens conducting genetic experiments? I doubt it.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the breakdown of modern society! I'd love to be sitting next to you, toasting, as a rogue planetary body/asteroid/comet/CME forever changes life as we know it on this rock. No more bills, no more work, no more BS. It'd be grand.

But that's just fantasy. Everybody has their own fantasies, about stuff happening. Some different than others. I just, can't buy into the idea that the world is going to end in 2012, and become a pack-rat. I have a job, I have bills to pay, and I have to deal with BS. If 2012 comes, and the end of the world is on it's heels, more power to it. But when the sun comes up on January 1st, 2013...it's back to work.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Why is anyone worried about 2012? Are yall still afraid of death?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Maybe the joke will be on them.

I am counting on planet Earth to implode from the inside out, that would take care of their arses.

They dont get to chose if they live or die, at least they shouldnt.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Meh if it happens oh well. Lots of things scare me but death isn't one of them. Besides if it does happen I'd hate to be here with all the whiners going thruogh their withdrawal symptoms at not having an american eagle to shop, a car, a fridge, a shower, T.V, internet, video games. All of societies addictions coming to head in one big flustercluck is not my idea of good time.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join