It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Threat Assessment: While the shelter will be designed and constructed to mitigate the anticipated effects of 12/21/2012, no one knows for certain what, if anything will actually occur on this date. However, most engineers and scientists agree that for a fully protected 2012 shelter the following threats must be mitigated;
1. 3-Bars Blast Overpressure of 45 psi
2. Force 10 Earthquake in successions
3. 450 MPH winds
4. Extreme Gamma & Neutron attenuation from a 100 megaton air burst detonated 20 miles away
5. Solar Flares with 1,000,000 volt EMP
6. Flooding (complete submersion for 100 hours)
7. Extreme External Fires at 1250 F for 10 days
8. Magnetic Pole Shift
9. Radiological, Chemical and Biological Weapons
10. Forced Entry and Armed Assaults
11. 12’ of snow and 10’ of rain
12. 500 lb Hail Stones or flying debris at a speed of 100 mph
The shelter will generally function as a stand-alone underground fortress. Self Rescue supplies and Emergency Escape man-ways and extraction procedures must be included in the basic design as to allow radical movement of the structure and extreme surface conditions. If this shelter is forced to the surface it must be capable of surviving all of the above threats absent the protection of earth coverage. Post Attack Recovery Plans specific to the facility’s function/capabilities are to incorporate the anticipated after-effects of the Threat Event and allow for occupant survival ability and sustainability.
Originally posted by smyleegrl
I remember how a lot of my colleagues bought generators, built shelters, etc. for Y2K.
Nothing wrong it being prepared, mind you. But there's always going to be someone ready to jump on the bandwagon and make a profit. Seems to me that is the case here.
Hey, maybe we can do it too! Let's put together some kind of "Welcoming Enlightenment" package to sell!
Originally posted by DocEmrick
Ah, now I understand why the person posted it in relation to Underground Bases, a theory that I'm still on the fence about.
Originally posted by dgtempe
What does he charge and where do i get a loan.