It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad calls 9/11 attacks “suspicious”

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
www.infowars.com...

Ahmadinejad calls 9/11 attacks “suspicious”

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Wednesday described the 11 September 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States as a “suspicious” event.

Speaking in the southwestern city of Ahvaz, Ahmadinejad asserted that many “experts” believed that the 9/11 attacks were a US-Israeli plot to occupy Afghanistan and Iraq.

Well He brings it up again. Kinda makes me wonder why obama just appointed someone to this conspiracy. Truth is getting closer and closer

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
A suspicious event? No...really? Two airplanes flying into NY skyscrapers, and another flying into the Pentagon, not to mention a field in Pennsylvania are suspicious? I stand in awe of his intellect...

...not. What's next from him? The sky's blue? Water's wet?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The timing of everything seems suspicious anymore. Obama does his investigate conspiracy theorists thing, and now this. I almost have to wonder if Obama knows the truth. From what I understand the new president may not be briefed on everything.......and may not have the security clearance to know.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Good for Iran - Maybe one day the Americans will realise that the Israeli's are their real enemy.

Sadly a lot of Americans still believe it was Islamic fundamentalists who crashed those planes.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
It doesn't take a lunatic from Persia to see that the 9.11 thing has more holes than a wedge of Swiss Cheese.

Little cute kudos to him in speaking out. It doesn't change my opinion of him because we all know that the OS is holey as it is hokey.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Ya he is not on my favorites list. But its good to see more and more people speaking out. So far this is the only thing that was good use coming out of his mouth
But thats only a opinion

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
A suspicious event? No...really? Two airplanes flying into NY skyscrapers, and another flying into the Pentagon, not to mention a field in Pennsylvania are suspicious? I stand in awe of his intellect...

...not. What's next from him? The sky's blue? Water's wet?
I don't think it's the statement itself as much as the fact that he stated such a taboo off limit statement publicly. I'm sure this will not help the US/Iran situation.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by blankduck18
www.infowars.com...

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Wednesday described the 11 September 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States as a “suspicious” event.

Then you should be interested to know Ahmadinejad *also* said that the holocaust never actually happened-

Ahmadinejad denies the holocaust ever happened

It's blatantly obvious that the guy doesn't take any of that crap seriously. He's doing it becuase he knows it riles up people in the US, Europe, and Israel. Your going to THAT guy as a credible source of information isn't making him look good. It's making YOU look bad, cause you gotta be really hard core desperate to get anyone to take your conspiracy stories seriously if you're now going to holocaust deniers for support.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Thank you for trying to derail my thread like every other 9/11 thread.
Please gtfo

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Thank you for trying to derail my thread like every other 9/11 thread.
Please gtfo

Sorry, my friend, but this isn't the Loose Change forum, with strict censorship that allows only pro-conspiracy drivel. This forum is for the free discussion of both sides of the issue, so if you don't like others pointing out you're quoting a holocaust denier to further your conspiracy stories, then don't quote holocaust deniers. It ain't a trick question, guy.

The truth never has to run and hide from falsehoods. It's always falsehoods that have to run and hide from the truth. THAT isn't a trick question, either.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

I understand that but you derail every 9/11 thread that is made. Do you understand all I have to do is look at your history and their goes your credibility?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad a truther ? Wow that should really help things along.

It's not as though he has any beef with the US or Israel either. Has he ?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
My be he is just sick of seeing the US and the UK for that matter as being nothing but bullies trying to take over his part of the world, slowly moving in on his country. Just maybe.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
For those who have NOT taken to the cool-aid delivered through the AIPAC/ADL baby's bottle, Ahmadinejad is no monster.

To question the official record of 911 or even the holocaust for that matter, is no crime. Which by the way, when did "questioning" become "denying"?

As for the "wipe israel off the map" bit, that has every chicken-little running in circles of paranoia... this was simply a misquote in translation.

According to Juan Cole, a University of Michigan Professor of Modern Middle East and South Asian History, Ahmadinejad's statement should be translated as:

The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem
(een rezhim-e eshghalgar-e qods)
must [vanish from] the page of time
(bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad).[13]

The Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) translates the phrase similarly, as "be eliminated from the pages of history."[14]

According to Cole, "Ahmadinejad did not say he was going to 'wipe Israel off the map' because no such idiom exists in Persian". Instead, "He did say he hoped its regime, i.e., a Jewish-Zionist state occupying Jerusalem, would collapse."[15]

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Anyone who has done the leg work in finding out what's really going on versus what we have been told to believe is going on, can see clearly that there is a huge smear campaign in full throttle. My suggestion is to not be intellectually lazy, instead follow multiple international news sources and review all referenced speeches and interviews before drawing your own conclusions that are based on facts versus disinfo.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blind Eye
For those who have NOT taken to the cool-aid delivered through the AIPAC/ADL baby's bottle, Ahmadinejad is no monster.

So as far as you are concerned, Ahmadinejad, a Holocaust denier, ruthless suppressor of liberty and freedom and Islamic fundamentalist "is no monster".

AND you quote Juan Cole, to boot, to emphasize your claim.

I really don't think I have ever seen anyone self-destruct their own credibility with such speed and with such exactitude as you have with your post. Well done! With that position, there is really no reason to take anything you speak of seriously.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by trebor451]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I understand that but you derail every 9/11 thread that is made. Do you understand all I have to do is look at your history and their goes your credibility?

To which I will respond...

a) When did I ever "derail" any 9/11 thread. All I'm doing is posting why the claims made by the 9/11 proponents are incorrect, which necessarily means staying on topic with the thread. If you consider that to be "derailing" a thread then please revisit my "this isn't the Loose Change forum with restrictive censorship that allows only pro-conspiracy drivel" statement.

b) Please, yes, go through my history of posts and show me where I ever have been proven to be wrong. You must know by now that I don't care if people here think I'm a jerk, or that I kick pregnant dogs, or whatever. All I care about is if anyone can disprove anything I post here that shows these conspiracy stories are rubbish. Your simply not liking the facts I post here does not in any way make the facts I post any less of a fact.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Blind Eye

To question the official record of 911 or even the holocaust for that matter, is no crime. Which by the way, when did "questioning" become "denying"?

...when in "questioning" the holocaust, he means, ""The pretext (Holocaust) for the creation of the Zionist regime (Israel) is false ... It is a lie based on an unprovable and mythical claim," which Ahmadinejad said to worshippers at Tehran University. What *I* want to know is when did "denying" ever become "questioning"?

There's only one reason and one reason only why these 9/11 conspriacy people would ever go to a character like Ahmadinejad as a source to be quoting- it ISN'T beauce he had any credibility, but becuase he's saying something that agrees with what these conspiracy proponents want to believe.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
he's saying something that agrees with what these conspiracy proponents want to believe.

Far from the truth, you are confusing your opinions with reality when in fact it is a fantasy of yours.

Hundred's of millions if not billions of people agree with what he said and have been saying it before he said it. The billions of people are aware of what the u.s higher ups are engaged in. They are no fools as you hope them to be. Sitting on ATS spouting opinions really just irritate the reader and damage your credibility.

As for questioning the holocaust... why not? If it is the most documented event in history and scholars have found that there are major flaws in the historic rheatoric then therefore it has the right to be questioned without being called a denier.

Not once have I heard Ahmedinijad deny the holocaust happened. Trying to align truthers with your hatred for other global figures is a weak attempt at smearing and charging guilty by association to true freedom and truth searchers of this world no matter what country they are from.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Shadow Herder]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Hundred's of millions if not billions of people agree with what he said and have been saying it before he said it. The billions of people are aware of what the u.s higher ups are engaged in. They are no fools as you hope them to be. Sitting on ATS spouting opinions really just irritate the reader and damage your credibility.

You are making that "hundreds of millions if not billions" bit up off the top of your head. You know that and so do I. If there were even more than a few thousand that believe this rubbish, you conspriacy people wouldn't be treated widespread like a pack of kooks...and you likewise know as well as I do that you ARE being treated wide spread like a pack of kooks. I don't have to point that out to you.

As for questioning the holocaust... why not? If it is the most documented event in history and scholars have found that there are major flaws in the historic rheatoric then therefore it has the right to be questioned without being called a denier.

There is a gigantic amount of difference between someone who wants to correct errors in the history books, and someone who wants to artificially rewrite history to hsi liking in order to fulfill some political agenda or another.

Not once have I heard Ahmedinijad deny the holocaust happened.

I think, ""The pretext (Holocaust) for the creation of the Zionist regime (Israel) is false ... It is a lie based on an unprovable and mythical claim," is about as blatant as a denial as it gets.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join