It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I just invited a ghost into my house?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I will make this as short as possible, I live in a brand new house for about 6 months, I have never feel anything strange on this house, I have been watching Ghost Adventures on netflix, I saw all the equipment they use, I have Cool Edit audio software and a digital recorder, I decided last week to leave my digital recorder recording all night to see what sounds my house makes. I was surprise to hear a lot of taps during all the night, I could hear perfectly the compressor of my fridge and the ice maker droping the ice, but I heard to many taps during the 7 hours recording.

After that I decided to do a EVP section during the day, just to play with the Cool Edit software. I asked "is there anyone here"? and I also asked "whats your name" . I downloaded the audio clip into my computer and started to hear it on cool edit, after I asked the first question I could hear a distortion sound and it sudently stop, then after I asked the second question I also heard another distortion.

Last we were watching ghost adventures and I told my wife about the recording I did during the day a few days ago, and I tried to replicate the same thing with her on the room, but everything was normal, no distortion at all.

Well we went to sleep and my 3 year old daugther was sleeping with us because she had a little fever, we have a remote control fan with remote control light, the light of the fan is LED and it doesn't light up to much it really sucks, I don't remenber what time it was but my wife wokes me up and told me did you turn on the light? I told her no, and we started to look for the remote, thinking maybe we had it under our pillows etc, we found the remote on the bathroom, so we went back to sleep, around 6am my wife wakes up to give my daughter some tylenol, and went to the kitchen, when she came home for lunch she told me, "stop calling people, last night when I went to the kitchen I heard a baby crying"

She thinks by me only asking "is there someone here" "what's your name" "scream your name so I can hear you" she thinks that by saying that I'm inviting people to my house.

It's this possible?

My house is in a brand new project, and nothing was built here before.

Any help will be apreciated

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

You haven't invited a ghost into your house, but you have indicated to the spirit world that you would like to communicate, thus they are doing just that. If you do not wish to continue communicating, then I suggest you stop trying to get EVP's and go to a New Age supply store, get some sage and smudge the house. Should take care of it.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It is my belief that spirits of formerly physically living humans, or 'ghosts' are not bound to any specific property of place. Yes, they may prefer to 'haunt' those properties they knew in their physical life, but no, they don't have to remain there in some kind of prison purgatory.

All of this is, again, my person belief from observation and then losing two close family members of the last three years.

In a nutshell, energy... electrical brain activity, doesn't simply cease after the physical body expires. We know that energy cannot be made from nothing and neither does it disappear.

I would suggest one of two things. One, if you want it to go away, simply ask it to. If you want to communicate, use your recorders for EVP sessions and get to understand your guest.

Best

EDIT: typos

[edit on 14-1-2010 by redoubt]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Thanks for the quick response, but if I told the spirit world that I would like to comunicate why was my wife who heard the crying?

I had some experiences before on my life, and to tell you the truth I get scared easilly, but yesterday for some reason I wasn't scared when the light got on, wich it never happened before, and during my sleep I opened my eyes each time I changed sleeping positions hoping to hear something or see something, wich I know 2 days ago I would be scare by only thinking of it.

I will do what you say about the sage, because I don't want a simple experiment with EVP to backfire at me.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by cdesigns]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Nothing you have done has invited anything malevolent into your home, just your garden variety spirit from the other side. I communicate with them on a regular basis, but in a controlled manner. You are probably a natural medium and have yet to learn how to control this ability, thus it is running willy-nilly at this time.

If it is something that you would like to explore further, feel free to contact me via u2u and I would be happy to offer advice. I don't really care to do so in an open thread, as it will only be a matter of time before the fundamentalists will turn it into a battle royale...

[edit on 14-1-2010 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

You haven't invited a ghost into your house, but you have indicated to the spirit world that you would like to communicate, thus they are doing just that. If you do not wish to continue communicating, then I suggest you stop trying to get EVP's and go to a New Age supply store, get some sage and smudge the house. Should take care of it.

How on Earth would Sage have any effect on a Ghost at all?

This sounds totally absurd to me. You need electro-magnetism don't you?

Or are you saying that the Sage has a electro-chemical-magnetic field that is of a certain frequency that can somehow push a ghost's electromagnetic body away??

Kind of like putting to magnets together, one way they snap together, and the other way causes them to repel strongly.

Is this Sage plant some sort of natural magnetic repellent or something?

You lost me , please elaborate so I may understand, thanks.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I would suggest getting a Ouija board and using it as much as you can.... that is the best way to get rid of spirits...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Source.

Sage is a well known natural way to 'clear' a place of unwanted spiritual energy...

new topics

top topics

join