It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Pictures! Pollution in China

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I've heard living in Hong Kong is the equivalent of smoking 70 cigarettes a day, although I can't back that up.. But sure as hell looks like it.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by Maslo

Extremely disturbing pictures, thanks for sharing them with us... Some of them remind me of River Rouge just outside of Detroit back in the early 70's. When are people going to finally wake up and realize what they are doing to the planet??? If we don't, extinction is inevitable...

In a war of Man vs. Planet, the Planet will always win eventually...

Its all a hoax, the polluttion is good for us.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I saw a documentary once where they were talking about how all the bees in this one province of China died, probably because of pollution. The farmers had to hand-pollinate the pear trees, which is very labor-intensive.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chop_UK
Appalling! your right, this is the side they dont want people to see.

The poblem with the chinese governemt, is they want to show now weakness to the outside world. They don't want people to know there problems and faults, and that is annoying. But i truly believe this will change, i really do. Even in the last 20 years china has changed. I lived in beijing for a year, and travelled for a year and saw some amazing places. I have seen with my own eyes, and not just read some stuff on the news. I have faithin this country, and i belive they will make things right in the end. China has faced many problems in the past, from people invading them, to poverty, and they have come through it, and i admire that a great deal. Cina will have a very important role in the future im sure.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Cheers
I know China has its problems. And it annoys my wfe too (who is Chinese)
And ts same because China has an amazing history and culture and people. It's not there fault, it the people in charge of the country. It just annoys me the idiots full of hate on here who just post crap and try and make out that all the worlds problems is because of china! Such rubbish!

I imagine it's a case of some people projecting their own feelings of guilt or inadequacy onto a distant protagonist. It's either to shift the blame, or to make an epic problem they can't possibly resolve the root of their own personal issues.

As i said earlier, the West has only itself to blame - the East is after all only emulating our own ecological decadence over the last few decades.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I like the way posters are saying that we consumers are guilty because we buy stuff and force Chinese to work in nasty conditions. The logic here is that if we consumers did not buy then the Chinese would not be working in nasty conditions.

Now consider this. If we legalize marijuana then there will be a huge number of people smoking pot because they have no fear of getting caught. They will fall victim to the overpriced commercialization of marijuana and they will become a whole new poverty class. You say no it can't happen. I say it will. I say that when you allow people to purchase great drugs and you charge them a very high price, then you are allowing people to go into debt and live in poverty simply for a great high.

Crack heads do it. And crack is illegal. When pot is legal you will have an increase in soft crime such as gambling and prostitution as people scramble to make that money to buy more and better legal drugs which are so enticing.

In California, the weed prices are ridiculous. $60 grams. If you don't know, that is a $420 ounce. Stupid. Crazy. But people pay it.

Now in China, nobody forces people to go work in nasty conditions. Just like nobody forces people in America to buy drugs. But in China you have people who are simply human and falling victim to their own desires.

You say no it can't happen here. Sure it can. People are not all as strong willed as you. Many are weak addicts. Legal marijuana will only enable them to go down that dismal road and enter a whole new poverty class. It will happen. Just look at the Chinese who have chosen to take the rough road for fulfillment. Look at the picture that shows a 15 year old kid working for 16 yuan a day. He looks dirty like an American miner or field worker. He is making ONLY 16 yuan a day. Wait a minute.... 16 yuan..... 1 yuan is worth about $7 American..... so...... hold on..... he is making $112 a day for manual labor. That sounds about right. You would be surprised to find out how many people in America are working for $112 or less a day.

It is the same everywhere. Filth. Degradation. Temptation. Exploitation. There is nothing new under the Sun. Only new faces attempting to control the unwashed masses.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Cabaret Voltaire]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
That is nasty a good freind of mine has a news clipping out of a news paper stating china are building 2 new coal station ever week this was last september-09' unreal

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by galloways

Thank goodness China isn't causing global warming like the bad U.S. of A.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Goodness me no wonder when I see people from China in my country they are always looking happy, poor sods.

China has a problem with internet hacking, an idea has formed...

Just think the visit China web-site hosting those photos.

The guy who did the work needs a medal because that a real eye opener and I should think he has upset just a few local businesses to say the least.

China has problems sure but we are all guilty for together we have done so little to prevent pollution. Even here in England we have serious problems with pollution, not that you can see it so much, smell it so much or taste it. We have so much nuclear waste piled under our green green grass I'd hate to see what could happen in the event of a serious earthquake.

The real sad thing for me always hoping and dreaming that in a way we will make things better and clean up our act on a global level... This tells me we are way to late the damage is done and things will and can only get worse.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The pictures remind me of the U.S. during our industrial revolution. We are still cleaning it up and probably will continue for many more years.

It's up to the Chinese to clean up their mess by setting standards and forcing the company's to clean up their act before those that are getting rich sell them off like they did here and then left it to taxpayers.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I would say great pictures but alas I cannot.

Profit at the cost of living?

Whats the point of being rich if you cannot breath the air due to your rush for money?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
O, pardon me, thou bleeding piece of earth,
That I am meek and gentle with these butchers!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This is surely disturbing! How can this happen!? The whole world should be doing something against this! That including Mexico, India and everywhere else were the pollution's just increasing. I could cry when i see this sh*t.

Good find.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Westerners are generally ungrateful for all the cheap products that the Chinese produce. Without them, we would be living just like them. Spending most of our salaries on food and basic necessities.

We export these dirty industries to third world nations so that we won't suffer the consequences.

That much pollution will never go away.

No, that's BS. The industries move there to avoid the expense of environmental safeguards, and to boost profit. Nothing more. I'm certain that the displaced workers did not vote to move their companies to China to get cheap products. I'm certain that we, the blue collar workers, did not have a say in the matter.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

That is pretty disgusting stuff there... of course the people who own those plants don't give 2 hoots for the ordinary guy in the village... it all comes down to cash in the end... how much they can make is more important than nature and people....

Starred & Flagged

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
As i said earlier, the West has only itself to blame - the East is after all only emulating our own ecological decadence over the last few decades.

Frankly, I think if they are emulating that, they are way over the top!

In my view, Chinese leaders are no better than Hitler or Stalin, having created a real concentration camp for their own population, complete with toxic gas and sh!t. The plight of farmers is also well known -- where they don't suffer from pollution, they suffer from land grabs by industry. This is insane.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I don't believe that human beings have caused climate change, but I DO believe that humans have polluted the earth far too much in the name of the almighty dollar. Why won't people see that the climate change myth has been used to bastardize the environmental movement, which should be speaking out against these atrocities with the same anger as they do when attacking SUVs and fossil fuels. Instead of boycotting the Western corporations which make loads of money because of the pollution that is allowed to happen, most environmentalists would rather tell their neighbors that driving a gas-guzzler is wrong.

People aren't killing the earth with CO2, but there are many victims from pollution nonetheless. Climate change is a myth, but greed and corruption are real. The people in those pictures are suffering from pollution RIGHT NOW! And there's plenty of proof as to what is causing their illnesses.

But I guess as long as we can still get our new mobile phones and computers every year, and they don't cost too much, some pollution in some other country is OK. Just as long as they don't put out too much CO2. Because then WE might drown when the sea level rises. And if it affects ME, then I need to get upset.

AND WHAT ABOUT THE POOR POLAR BEAR ON THE CHUNK OF ICE!?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Wowzers now I know what it feels like to be a product "made in china", this is just ridiculous amounts of pollution, glad I can walk outside and breath...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This is simply a crime against nature and a crime against humanity. I do hope China fixes these problems before it is too late... But I doubt that will happen, sadly.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
All of these toxins and waste dumped by industry and government, regardless of where in the world it's dumped, makes it's way around the world eventually. Like Jesse Ventura said, keep yourself healthy people!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join