It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Pictures! Pollution in China

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
And the Greenies moan about our country. They can't even organise a cleanup in their own backyard. I asked Greenpeace NZ to help with a rubbish cleanup but they rudely declined. Bucnh of hypocrites they are.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
Next time you screw in one of those horrible Chinese spiral compact fluorescent light bulbs please think of these pictures.
That's how "GREEN" you are being by using those things.
You're really not saving the planet. You're helping to destroy it. At best you're helping out the local utility company who will be peak metering you soon anyway to make their profits.

You are totally right about this. My husband loves the CFL bulbs because of the money saving aspect of them.

I told him, when I worked in a business that had these, they had a hazardous waste team that had to clean up the broken ones.

If you read up on these, you will see that if you break one in your home, you are supposed to open every window, and leave immediately for 15 minutes or so.

Last time I looked, it did not even say anything about this on the labels though.

I read that in England, after a certain period of time, you will not even be able to buy an incandescent light bulb any more. But they have no recycling facilities in place to handle these and they really should not go into a regular landfill because of the poisonous mercury. We don't have any over here that I know of, either. And believe me, I am a recycling fanatic.

Probably that is why these are being pushed on the generally ignorant and unsuspecting public. Mercury being such a toxic waste, I'm sure there are industries that produce mercury as a by product of some manufacturing process. I guess it's a win, win situation for these companies. They can probably sell their toxins and make money from them, as well as not having to do anything to mitigate or dispose of it.

I've known about the toxic effects of mercury for a long time, because in grade school I heard about mercury poisoning in Japan back in the 50's and it really affected me. I could not forget about it. Which is why the pushing of these bulbs concerned me so much when I found out these had mercury in them too.

Minamata disease

To me, it looks like some of the people in the pictures could be suffering from Minamata disease. Check out the hands of the person in the picture in the wiki article.

Just like fluoride, before our protectors in the government decided to add fluoride to our water, the companies producing it, had to pay get rid of it somehow, and now they get paid for supplying it to our government to use to poison us with.The Fluoride Deception: How a Nuclear Waste Byproduct Made Its Way Into the Nation’s Drinking Water

I think things like the above must be the reason why in the Bible God says he hates a liar most of all........ look how destructive a lie can be.

God Bless

sezsue

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Finally figured out how to accidentally make a double post

[edit on 14-1-2010 by sezsue]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'm starting to see more food imported from China. Let's hope they keep putting those "product of China", stickers on the labels. IF it wasn't for that I wouldn't have ever known. The dollar store is starting to bring in a lot of canned goods from China. Eat up, a little raw sewage in your apple pie filling wont hurt a thing.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Americans are the greatest contributor to their condition, watching these pictures i do not want anything that's made in China seriously !

this has to stop ! global warming is a made up story, but this is real in your face problem

you can stop this by not buying Made in china products so these people can have better lifes !

the more you buy made in china products the more these people will die. its a sick fuel that needs endless supply of water to put it off

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This is what I find funny when environuts want the US to be the leader in cutting back and limiting carbon emissions...they even say we are the biggest polluters and should be paying taxes and sending money to other countries....
Last I checked our rivers did not look like that..
We already are a leader in cleaning up our environment, and it is China, India, and many other countries that need to step up their efforts in cleaning up the planet

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Horrible pollution photos from China, one of the fastest growing economies in the world. This is the dark side of this growth, the side which this emerging superpower does not want you to see:

www.chinahush.com...

Heck, even the keyboard I write this on was made in China..

. Jiangsu province Changshu City Fluorine Chemical industry land sewage treatment plant (江苏省常熟市氟化学工业园污水处理厂) was responsible for collection and processing of the industrial sewage. However they did not, the sewage pipe was extended 1500 meters under the Yangtze River and releasing the sewage there. 2009 June 11

Villagers from Kang village in Linfen City, Shanxi Province (山西省临汾市下康村) due to long-term consumption of the polluted water contaminated by industrial waste, there were 50 people who have cancer and cerebral thrombosis. 64-year-old Wang Baosheng got ill since 2003, he has fester all over his body so he cannot go to bed and lying face down on the edge of the bed each day. July 10, 2005

hi thanks for posting this i have not seen this website before , I find it staggering just how sevearly "ill" the country is with polution. all of this is so much suppressed by the government, they dont even show it to their own public. And i am really really supprised that this website can be viewed from within the great fire wall, as i just sent the link to my friend in Bejing who opened it and confirmed could see the content unblocked. so many topical websites i send that are not in the CCP's agenda are blocked. So this link works has now been blogged on chinese blog.
all that polution is the cost of cheap products and their industrial revolution, its these people who are paying for it. Such a good government to let it happen to its own country.. just hide it no one knows.

Google pulling out of china now as unwilling to censor their results, thats going to sting Alibaba really bad which is a massive trading platform.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Its these type of things that just makes me cry.
I am not religious, But I believe in people.
I believe that we as humans need to save ourselves and each other.
We are our own heroes. And if we can let others suffer like this then we are not only completely incompetent but also heartless.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
1) You can bet your last dollar that this site is blocked in China.

2) We are, with each passing US Treasury auction, becoming more and more of an economic slave to that Chinese economic system, who´s leaders will stop at absolutely nothing, even slow national genocide, to become the leading bunch of ferengis on this planet.

3) Any company in the world with the capital can still pack their bags and head on over to China and join the orgy. As long as the Chinese get their share or get greased enough, your in. Carbon credits? LOL to that!

4) China is even getting too expensive for some economic slave drivers, so now, they are packing shop and heading over to other countries even cheaper and less restrictive than China. So it´s guarenteed this ecological damage is happening in Vietnam and Myamar and Bangladesh and India and so on.

5) Don´t eat any fish, duck, pig, chicken, dog, cat, rat, or what have you, that comes from that part of the world.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by fockewulf190]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It is there country. If they want to poison themselves let them have at it.
There are too many of them anyway

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There appears to be many members who speak out against these acts but I am certain many of those same people will go out and buy Chinese made products.

Be the change you wish to see...

If the world was a level playing field in regards to pollution control we would all be a lot better off, but since there are countries not under guide lines, they can abuse the system and make a buck.

Keep buying your Chinese made products people. I know I will.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by aspx

Why is everybody bitching? There have been MILLIONS of Chinese pulled out of poverty BECAUSE of us buying all their cheap crap. It's a paradox or a catch 22 if you will. I mean my god this is a country of over a billion people. I hate the Chinese. They are a disgusting group of people that will do anything to make money and supress their people. I hate them even more because they are the world's biggest polluters. Don't feel sorry for them.....that's ridiculous. And sure as hell don't blame the American consumer for all of the problems in China. We are not the only country buying their crap. And we have some of the best environmental regulations in the world. A couple hundred million chinese need to die off. That's the stark reality of the direction the planet is heading in. Millions upon millions of human beings need to die. Can you stomach that? That's real life despite what all the liberal morons want us to believe.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Amazing pictures?

That's horrendous, it shows on what their economic growth is based on.

China is a country running way too fast to it's self destruction. I just hope that when they get that close of their own end they don't decide to expand their boarders dominating other countries so they can still have water and other natural resources to use and sustain their lives.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

Of course and their damn pollution is starting to affect the rest of the world too, specifically the ocean and fish and whale populations. They are a disgusting still very much communist cess pool of a country.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Yeah I was wondering myself what exactly these poor people would be doing if not building goods for consumption in North America.
If companies begin to pay these people more then corporations will no doubt begin manufacturing in the US again.
There's just, too many of them. Period.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epsilon5
Those pictures were immensely disturbing and emotionally draining. It's shameful beyond words that there are people who are forced to live in such conditions. I'll count my blessings that I'm a US Citizen.

Fail. US, and China encurage each other to do this, which is why they are forced to live in such conditions.

The good thing about threads like these is that it shows who the hypocrits in this website are. Those who claim knowledge, when they are blatantly blind.

You'll count your blessings simply because you don't live there, yet the reason they live like that is because of the complex economic reasons which both countries encourage each otehr to countinue doing.

very hipocritical and blind.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by aspx

Why is everybody bitching? There have been MILLIONS of Chinese pulled out of poverty BECAUSE of us buying all their cheap crap. It's a paradox or a catch 22 if you will. I mean my god this is a country of over a billion people. I hate the Chinese. They are a disgusting group of people that will do anything to make money and supress their people. I hate them even more because they are the world's biggest polluters. Don't feel sorry for them.....that's ridiculous. And sure as hell don't blame the American consumer for all of the problems in China. We are not the only country buying their crap. And we have some of the best environmental regulations in the world. A couple hundred million chinese need to die off. That's the stark reality of the direction the planet is heading in. Millions upon millions of human beings need to die. Can you stomach that? That's real life despite what all the liberal morons want us to believe.

So we both agree that America has and is always creating reasons to infiltrate places of interests at the cost of billions of lives.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
You know i tried to find images of pollution in America to give a counter argument that pollution can be just as worse in the states or any other country so i typed in the google image bar "images of pollution in America"
The first picture that came up was pollution in CHINA.
Me thinks there is a bit of hypocrisy and denial going on here!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jingjok
You know i tried to find images of pollution in America to give a counter argument that pollution can be just as worse in the states or any other country so i typed in the google image bar "images of pollution in America"
The first picture that came up was pollution in CHINA.
Me thinks there is a bit of hypocrisy and denial going on here!

You're telling us what you found on google images like it's relevant?

Cool Story Bro.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Redneck from Hell]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Tom C

It is there country. If they want to poison themselves let them have at it.

I understand to a point what you mean, however do you think China is a hermetically sealed region?

Unrestricted dumping into the water and air affects all of us.

Images like these are part of the reason why the West doesn't make any noise about China's censorship practices. We all focus so much on how thier people are denied access to what's going on outside thier borders. The truth is the West is happy with Chinese censorship because it keeps images like these from getting out.

The 'don't ask, don't tell' philosophy extends beyond the US military.

To say this is the same as the Industrial Revolution (IR) in England and the US is wishful thinking. I'm not trying to say that the Chinese are worse than us, it's that times have changed. The by-products of manufacturing today are substantially worse then they were in the US during the 18-1900's or England in the 17-1800's.

This type of pollution is a couple order of magnitudes higher than what the West was responsible for simply due to the chemicals that are now used.

During our IR we manufactured mainly for the domestic market with exports second. The populations were lower thus so was output (and at the time we had only token trade with China as they were closed off). China and India are going through thier IR at a time when thier domestic needs dwarf the West's and they are manufacturing our goods as well.

Instead of a 'little' pollution coming from each of the world's nations, we have concentrated massive amounts in one area.

Isn't interesting that with all the real-time satelite imagery possessed by many Western governments NOT ONE OF THEM chooses to show what the Chinese skies and waterways look like: we can't even get a picture of the Pacific garbage patch although we hear how it is visible from space...and that's pollution we know about.

Also curious are the changes to international laws: We have all seen/heard on the news in recent months how citizens are being charged under thier parent nation's laws for thier conduct abroad. If as a Canadian citizen I am held accountable to Canadian law regardless of where I am, then the same should apply to a domestic corporation operating internationally.

Especially considering these companies migrated to thier new host/victim in a deliberate move to avoid domestic requirements/restrictions.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by [davinci]]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join