It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images from GAZA - WARNING!!! GRAPHIC

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IGottaBeMe
A "race" of "people" who claim to be Jews, but are not.

I have always wondered about that. Some of them might be real Jews, very small people with dark skin.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

Originally posted by IGottaBeMe
A "race" of "people" who claim to be Jews, but are not.

I have always wondered about that. Some of them might be real Jews, very small people with dark skin.

One of the great ironies that surrounds the creation of Israel was the belief by many of it's leaders - including David Ben-Gurion - that the Palestinians were actually Jews that had converted to Islam centuries before.

Most Zionist thinkers were aware of this: Yitzhak Ben Zvi, later president of Israel, and David Ben Gurion, its first prime minister, accepted it as late as 1929, the year of the great Palestinian revolt. Both stated on several occasions that the peasants of Palestine were the descendants of the inhabitants of ancient Judea

ARTICLE!

And the truly sad part of this is, for the past sixty years (and longer), the Zionists - who claim to be the descendants of the original Jews - have been murdering and displacing the actual descendants.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I think the take home message is that wars ain't pretty.

It's be nicer if soldiers were there to get out the missiles and anyone who gets in their way. I imagine that's what it's like in ideal situations: you get the bad guys and their stuff, then you move on. Avoid any innocent people.

I guess they don't do that way anymore. Well, I know they don't.

Imagine being a child born in a place like the ones shown and fearing for another strike that might get you where the last one didn't. Makes America seem like paradise.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Wow....images the world should see.

Something I have been thinking about lately:

• Israelis claim the region (Israel & Gaza) based on it being their homeland given to them after WWII.
  • Their historical claim to this land goes back to Roman times, when they were defeated by Rome's Legion and driven out in chains.

A question for those that support Israel:
Would you support Native Americans in North America if they attacked non-native settlements?

They were defeated in battle, and eventually given small plots of land to live on. Very similar situation to the Israelis. Or should they accept what they were given, and deal with it? If so, why shouldn't Israel?

A question for those that support Palestine:
Would you support US citizens attacking Native American settlements?

They occupy settlements surrounded by land taken from them, why should that be tolerated?

In my opinion, Israel should deal with the fact that they were defeated in antiquity and be grateful to have some of the land back, it is more than many displaced peoples in history have been granted. As a percentage of original land, it's much more than Native Americans were given. They should be grateful to the Palestinians for making room for them and welcome them as brothers and sisters.

The Palestinians should try to accept the return of people different from them, and accept that their histories are intertwined in antiquity...and that we are all brothers and sisters of the same planet, and/or God.

I realize this is a pipe dream, but I hope and pray for peace.

Almost as sickening as the human, and children loss of life in the region is the name of religion and God being used to justify it. How anyone claiming to believe in God can support killing other humans at any level is beyond my comprehension.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by ChrisR]

[edit on 21-1-2010 by ChrisR]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisR

Israel doesn't claim (or want) the Gaza strip. Gaza has had self-government (autonomy) since 1993 and Israel withdrew all Jewish communities from Gaza in 2005.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Specific to the Gaza strip - if they don't want it, why do they build settlements and occupy it, blockade it, etc?

And I meant the whole area - Israel & the Gaza Strip...sorry for the mis-speak.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisR

Let me repeat myself. They don't build settlements in the Gaza Strip. They removed all the Jewish communities in 2005.

Perhaps you can explain why Gazans feel it necessary to continue to shell Israel towns in Israel?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
reply to post by ChrisR

Let me repeat myself. They don't build settlements in the Gaza Strip. They removed all the Jewish communities in 2005.

Perhaps you can explain why Gazans feel it necessary to continue to shell Israel towns in Israel?

Perhaps it has to do with open air ghetto called Gaza at hands of Israel. Blocking of food, relief material, medicine etc. Also kidnapping by Israeli soldiers may play a role.

PS: Did I mention Berlin Wall and Wall of Death?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Think you'll find Israel sends tonnes of food and other items through the Eretz crossing on a daily basis. You must be getting Israel confused with Egypt, who are building a steel wall to cut off Gaza and allow absolutely nothing in or out.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

Okay I will look into it if it's really true then it's commendable, if not then what can I say...

No I am not getting confused, Berlin wall is name of Israel's wall and Wall of death is name of Egypt wall. Egypt is helping Israel carry on the apartheid for ulterior motives.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

That would make me very, very happy.

Thank you.

Also while you're at it, you might want to research the "wall of death" a bit too. The bit that's a wall is the bit that gets shown on TV. Most of it's just a fence. The reality as always is duller than the perception.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by mattpryor]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Right, I've been a fan of this site for ages, but I've only registered today. I didn't plan to, but now I want to put in my two cents so to speak.

I haven't read all 28 pages on here so my post isn't likely to flow from the last, but anyway . . .

I was very touched by the many photos in that link. The pain and the love in people's faces is very apparent.

What I do not like is the fury seeing those photos creates among a lot of you. The whole 'eye for an eye' philosophy is likely to be what brought about this mess.
Yes, military forces must be stopped. But it is wrong to think that yet another war will help anyone. I think, be angry, great - we should be. But we mustn't think that commiting the same evils they have done is right.

For peace to prevail, there can be no bloodshed.

I'm a pretty normal 21 year old girl, so unfortunetly I cannot provide a perfectly mapped out solution to this massive global problem of wars.
But I strongly believe we need to show Love. Even to those with the 'smoking gun'. Then perhaps the hate and anger in thier hearts will fade, and they'll recognize the awesome beauty that is all over this wonderful planet, and they won't want to destroy life anymore, but celebrate it with the rest of us.
I don't believe in evil as we understand it. I think there is only immense confusion and misdirection.
When we understand our part in the universe we can see that love is the one prevailing truth, the only thing that does not ever change.
And I know that this love is the creating force behind everything in existence, even though we haven't all realized it.
Soldiers are taught to kill or be killed; they're smiply trying to survive, and they're doing what they are told (misdirected) is the right thing.
Remeber after 9/11, you Americans were so bloodthirsty for revenge. I've seen clips of seemily ordinary people shouting that the Iraqi's women and children should be slaughtered and punished. But it wasn't them. It was your leaders, and they got exactly the reaction they wanted. The Iranians or whoever have done nothing to you, yet they took the brunt of the nation's rage. You're the most powerful country in the world at the moment, why would they be so stupid as to attack you? And why was it just the one-off if they really want to harm you?

Too many of us speak before we really think.
Every nation on this planet should come to the understanding we are all the same at our core. We all live through our emotions; we all crave love, we all enjoy laughing, and we all suffer when one of us suffers.
It's about time that we put aside our petty superficial differences, and in fact celebrate our variety as it gives us more experiences, and should thus lead to better learning.
But this can only be achieve when our hearts are in the right places.

I say enough is enough. We have to stop pandering to the wants of the misguided few who would see us quabble and fight and destroy ourselves.
This is not in our true nature - that's why war is so heartbreaking.
We are loving beings - it's time to put this into practice.

Once we are all together in love, wisdom and joy, we can begin advancing ourselves as a species, and moving into new realms of intelligence and discovery un-percieveable to our now bloodstained eyes.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I am sorry I am not able to find any link which shows Israel is sending tonnes of aid to Gaza on daily basis, the only link I got was of Israel Foreign Affairs govt. website which talks about aid was allowed last year after cast lead. And has 1 yr old video of letting trucks go.
Jan 18,2009
Humanitarian aid to Gaza during IDF operation

And the latest news regarding aid is on Jan 20'10
Gaza blockade puts health of 1.4 million at risk, aid agencies warn

Also it seems Israel has now started removing aid workers, wasn't aware of this myself

Jan 21,10
Israel Stops Issuing Work Visas to Aid Agencies

Sorry I think you are mistaken
and I am genuinely sad, I wanted to believe you for once.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sentfromabove

Thank you for your input
..very nice words.
second line.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You didn't look very hard.

Aid to Gaza via Israel

It's not the Israeli govt that is sending the aid - that would be a bit too nice, since Hamas are still at war with Israel. But it goes via the Israel entrance authorities. Quite a lot of it too.

Now find out about the Egyptian border. I'll give you a heads up, it's called the Rafah crossing. And investigate Egypt's steel wall. Google "egypt steel wall gaza", if that helps.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I genuinely looked, I even posted the link of the same website above but it was of a different page. I took your words that Israel is sending aid, perhaps you only meant Israel is allowing aid to pass through and searched as per that.

But now with new information which you posted that Israel allowed aid to pass through which is good but the news of Jan 21, they are now refusing aid workers visa and removing them..why is it so? I am confused whether I should be happy that Israel is allowing aid or feel sad of their removal of aid workers and un report that severe aid restriction is affecting health.

What would you do?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor

You didn't look very hard.

Aid to Gaza via Israel

It's not the Israeli govt that is sending the aid - that would be a bit too nice, since Hamas are still at war with Israel. But it goes via the Israel entrance authorities. Quite a lot of it too.

Now find out about the Egyptian border. I'll give you a heads up, it's called the Rafah crossing. And investigate Egypt's steel wall. Google "egypt steel wall gaza", if that helps.

bahahahahahahhahah ... you crack me up buddy ... thats the funniest thing I've heard for ages ... my god you people are sooooo fuked up its scary.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Those arabs sure love to parade with dead babies in their arms..

And for the rest, both sides are anti-Europe so why should i care if they sometimes attack each other over world domination.

You all want to die in a big war for the jews or the arabs, well, goodluck with the suicide then.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by winterass
Those arabs sure love to parade with dead babies in their arms..

And for the rest, both sides are anti-Europe so why should i care if they sometimes attack each other over world domination.

You all want to die in a big war for the jews or the arabs, well, goodluck with the suicide then.

Agreed, we live in the West and yes while it is terrible, I couldn't imagine what it must be like to be a victim of that, it does not concern us.

Having served in the British Army myself I am sick of the West Policing the World. Israel and Hamas have their own problems so let them sort it out. Why does it always have to involve intervention by the US (which then follows British deployment because our government is too weak to stand up against America) and ultimately leads to a loss of our own troops lives for nothing. Oil in Iraq and Drugs in Afghanistan.

To me that is more disgusting than the atrocities that are depicted in these pictures. These countries in the East have their own beliefs, customs and laws. So to those that say USA should intervene, think again, that would only achieve Nuclear holocaust...and for what? To show the power of the mighty West where it has no business.

Civilians are collateral damage and unfortunately this occurs in almost any military conflict.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
For people interested in the situation in Palestine, there's a feature length documentary with this subject matter on the horizon... Link

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join