It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Haitian pact with the devil.. the truth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There is a lot of bashing of Pat Robertson because he made reference to the tragedy in Haiti as being the result of a " pact with the devil ". Because this is a current event with Biblical proportions (Total destruction of a nation ). The statement was made by Pat, that it was the result of an evil pact with the demonic forces of Voodoo (devils). But, was there a pact ? If so, why should it be relevant to today. Below are the historical citations regarding the pact and resulting independence of the nation. Additionally, does it mean that Pat was telling the truth of such a pact and why should he not be allowed his interpretation of it as a Christian ? I leave it up to you to debate this important issue.

Excerpts from sources:

" The Haitian Revolution "

www.country-data.com...

" A slave rebellion of 1791 finally toppled the colony. Launched in August of that year, the revolt represented the culmination of a protracted conspiracy among black leaders. According to accounts of the rebellion that have been told through the years, François-Dominique Toussaint Louverture helped plot the uprising, although this claim has never been substantiated. Among the rebellion's leaders were Boukman, a maroon and voodoo houngan (priest); Georges Biassou, who later made Toussaint his aide; Jean-François, who subsequently commanded forces, along with Biassou and Toussaint, under the Spanish flag; and Jeannot, the bloodthirstiest of them all. These leaders sealed their compact with a voodoo ceremony conducted by Boukman in the Bois Cayman (Alligator Woods) in early August 1791. On August 22, a little more than a week after the ceremony, the uprising of their black followers began. "

" A brief history of voodoo in Haiti "

www.helium.com...

" Many years passed and the Vodou religion grew stronger among the people which led up to the events of August 1791 the day of one of the most important ceremonies in Vodou history. The Bwa Kayiman, as its known, was where the Haitian revolution began against the French over-rulers. The ceremony saw the spirit, Ezili Dantor, possess a priestess and receive a black pig as an offering, and all those present pledged themselves to the fight for freedom. After this revolution the world saw the first ever establishment of a black people's republic. Following this break of independence Vodou then began to cross the border into America, where it mostly affected the area of New Orleans as early as 1800. The practitioner responsible for this popularity was a famous Vodou Queen, Marie Laveau; however other forms. "

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It seems you and Pat are overlooking the fact that these "chosen christians" from the colonial past had made slaves of these people? In fact Haiti was a slave colony created by christians just the way christ envisioned it in his sermon on enslaving humans...I can't remember the exact chapter and verse???

So why don't you put yourself in the shoes of the oppressed? Would you have supported these "good christians" that had created a slave state for their own enrichment? The "devil" must have looked pretty good from their perspective. At least the "devil" was offering a deal!

Personally (religion aside) the tragedy of Haiti is heartbreaking! Another US imperialist colony with all attendant coups, death squads and misery. Then this earthquake.

We common decent americans need to help out right now! Pat will be roasting in Hades soon...if there is a God.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Well said!

You know, I live in an area in South Florida with a high Hatian population nearby and these people came here in the early 90's and cleaned up our ghettos and our "bad areas"...transformed them from slums into respectable neighborhoods...and eventually tripled if not quadroupled the value of property near our downtown area.

They work 2-3 jobs, never miss church, are the kindest most hardwording people in the world and they put most "evangelicals" to shame when it comes to being "godly".

What evangelicals don't understand is that everything is not seen through their little telescope. They live such a narrow existence and they miss what is true and beautiful in this world. They live so far away in their minds from what reality truly is.

History and culture is lost to them unless it fits inside their little box. Their worldview is so skewed that they have lost the most beautiful gift of all...life.

There are good people everywhere. They are good people who are christian evangelical...radical anything really!
BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE TRULY GOOD NO MATTER WHAT AN EVANGELICAL TELLS YOU!

But they don't understand that their existence is a sham as a "religion"....they don't want to understand what is important...they categorize and compartmentalize everything they see and feel without truly experiencing it.

I feel sad for Pat Robinson because someone obviously taught him to think the way his does... but I feel much more sadness for those who follow this creature.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
And to think Pat Robertson tried to run for president of the US, Scary. I am sure there were a lot of christians who died in the earthquake too. Pat is just stupid IMO.

This is a perfect example of grouping everyone into one catagory and putting the blame on them to explain "God"s will. What a bunch of crap.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by Darkblade71]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If you want to continue reading this story,go to
www.cuttingedge.org...
(It wasn't what I was looking for,but a good find nonetheless!)

"...In a series of articles entitled, "Clinton's Fatal Leadership", we give many evidences, plus the testimony of a former Illuminist Witch, that both President and Mrs. Clinton are powerful, practicing Illuminist witches. If you have not read any of these articles, we encourage you to go to the Clinton Scandals link, and begin reading the articles we have written on this subject. One of the major reasons people cannot understand the events swirling around us today is because they do nor or cannot, understand the spiritual aspect that is driving all the events. God's prophecies, and Satan's fulfillment of them in the New World Order Plan, are driving all the events in today's news. Therefore, you must look at the news today through this twin prism or you will be bewildered by what is occurring, and you will be blinded by Conventional Wisdom , which is designed only to confuse you further.

The events consuming America cannot be understood if you do not have the spiritual aspect in mind. The actions and reactions, of both Bill and Hillary Clinton, cannot be understood if you do not take into account their spirituality. The actions and reactions of people supporting the President, in Congress, the Press, and the citizenry, cannot be understood in you do not take into account the spirituality of Bill and Hillary Clinton. But, once you do understand their spirituality, and take it into account, then so many things begin to make sense.

What is the spirituality of Bill and Hillary Clinton? They are powerful, practicing Illuminist Witches, with Hillary outranking Bill in the occult! We do not intend to re-prove this contention, since that is why we have written the "Clinton's Fatal Leadership" series of articles. If you have not read them yet, please stop and click to them in the Clinton Scandals section. We would specifically recommend starting at article that provides the Biblical basis, in NEWS1215, "Clinton Identifiable In Prophecy As One of the 10 Kings of Daniel 2 and 7, and in Revelation 17". But, then, take the time to read the other articles which identify strange, even weird , occurrences that make sense only if you understand that the Clintons are witches, and powerful Illuminists at that!

This article covers another strange, especially weird , occurrence that only makes sense if you understand that Bill Clinton is a powerful Illuminist witch. In fact, this article just about clinches the argument, and settles it once and for all. In other words, this article provides us the "Smoking Gun" for which we have been waiting to prove our point!

We enlisted the aid of former Illuminist Witch, Doc Marquis, in this effort. We sent him the article and asked him to comment on its various paragraphs in the same manner as he did in the Clinton's Fatal Leadership series. His input absolutely makes this article understandable. Without this specific understanding of Illuminist and Voodoo Witchcraft, every person would just dismiss this story as nonsense. However, the author of this news article included enough specific information that Doc was able to verify the accuracy and truthfulness of the event."...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Here's what I was looking for,"Voodoo at the White House"

From
www.infowars.com...

"... the 72-year old first grandmother who lives at the White House, is practicing Santería, otherwise known as voodoo."...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Is there a reason you couldn't post this in the existing thread in this very same forum???

I'm with Darkblade71. It's a bunch of crap. I think Robertson IS Satan.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

You know this is no the time to hear the crap that comes from the mouth of evil religious profiteers like Pat, may he burn in hell with all those that are in business with him.

I am from the Caribbean I grew up with Santeria and spiritism, it is not what this clowns make it to be.

The only sin the Haitians have ever committed is the sin of born poor to a nation that their government most of the time is corrupted.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
At various times I've heard posters ask why Christians seem to be frequent target for vitriol. One only has to look at Pat Robertson for an answer; this man gives Christianity a sour stench. When considered along with the people at Westboro Baptist Church, the dislike is not surprising; they are seen as the spearpoint, they get the most publicity.

Pat Robertson is a vile man.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Following this break of independence Vodou then began to cross the border into America, where it mostly affected the area of New Orleans as early as 1800. The practitioner responsible for this popularity was a famous Vodou Queen, Marie Laveau...

This could possibly explain Hurricane Katrina?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What exactly does someones religious beliefs have to do with living on a major fault line.
As humans we seem to need to make sense of things and when we can't we turn to superstitions, religion or other mechanisms of coping. How anyone can justify wasting time blaming this tragedy on some supposed pact with the devil astounds me.

the Reality is that these are human beings, including heartbreaking numbers babies and children in desperate need of help. That is the only thing that matters at this point in time.

Besides all of that not every spiritual practice besides christianity is satanic, I don't understand why it is so hard for so many to understand that.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I posted in the other thread my feelings about Pat Robertson. It was bad, FYI. That being said, a pact with an imaginary devil? Come on, people, are we still in the Stone Ages? Do the math, Christians, Can your God/Jesus create and manifest a rock so heavy that he himself could not pick up? Could he create a Being of Service, check your bible here if you doubt me, with no free will at all, and then, very curiously, one rebels against god, (somehow gaining free will) and then entices another 600 of these "Beings of Service" to go along, the "War in Heaven" (never said it was over either) is clearly recorded in there, folks, and you cannot have it both ways, no way, no how. A truly Omnipotent, Supreme Being, a GOD in all of His glory, cannot be defeated by anything he himself manifested into being.

The popular "Devil," also known as "Satan," is actually the duality of the male aspect of the GodHead. The Female aspect, better known as "mother Mary, The Goddess" by Her many names, "Mother Earth" also has an equal and different counterpart. Ever heard of Kali? (The Black One) Nemesis? (Goddess of Retribution and Daughter of the Night) Hel (Ruler of Helheim) Hekate (Queen of the Night) Baba Yaga ( Black Crone Goddess) these are but a few, there are many Dark Goddesses, many Dark Gods, all part of the whole. The whole has a dual aspect, a Male/Female aspect, and each of them as a Light/Dark aspect, one cannot exist without the other to define it as such.

Voodoo is obviously a Religion, as you all know how I feel about organised religions, especially those with a "book" to "prove" their beliefs. Let me ask you all a question:
What do you think happened to all of the Old Gods and Goddesses, there must be thousands of them in recorded history. Do you all think Yahweh/Jesus just took a big broom and swept them all neatly into the providable dust bin of Time? Or are they still out there, waiting for a call from human beings? Just asking.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

You and Pat should be forced to go to Haiti and scratch dead bodies out of the ruins with your bare hands until you see the Haitians as equals.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

spare me the crowbarring of the US being to blame for Haiti- the people of Haiti are to blame for Haiti, they made it the basket case it is.

They started the nation in a positive way, stabbing white babies to death

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join