It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are Men, and vice-versa

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

I think we have better descriptors then 'dumb'. What i find is that people are 'ignorant' not as in 'stupid' but as a result of being intellectually lazy or just simply not aware due to their cultural conditioning. As for any inquiry on matters such as these, you can't avoid bringing up the stereotypes, and they exist in part because there are common behaviors we can recognized over and over. What i have been advocating is a perspective that steps outside of the categories and labels we make, from there you can see that a lot of what we consider 'different' between us, is made up and adopted along the way.

For instance, women are increasingly making just as much as men or more in their professions, which has allowed them to partake in more typical/stereotypical male life choices/relationships... such as the sugardaddy, whom we have been appropriately calling sugarmomas.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by The Blind Eye]

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Recently i saw Tracy Ullman's State of the Union and it reminded me of the United States of Tara, in that the actress-lead plays so many different personalities so well... some of which are male characters... which in turn got me thinking about the movies Tootsie, Ms. Doubtfire, Normal and Boy's Don't Cry. Then i was thinking about some of the drag queen competitions and shows that run throughout the country. In sum, have collectively convinced me that what we buy into as 'male' and 'female' behavior/characteristics... is merely an act., plus or minus makeup and dress.

As for making a more permanent switch in gender, the procedures seem very simple and strait forward... which again brings me back to the conclusion that we are basically the same.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
men and women are conscious individuals lives, they are basically the same since they are not their conditions but exclusively their free moves out of its certainty base
they are the same also in their means, wether they mean their base certainty as existing fact gains, justifying their lives being positive through their condition realities life
or wether they mean objective reality life as the base certainty they mean their personnal realisations lives as conscious from objective positive true free reality, so it is more about conscious levels in truth but also conscious identities being of lies life or true objective life
people of lies mean their existance lies
people true mean objective existance because they are who means
as if who lie they dont consider themselves existing so they deny existing really for what they mean to gain existing through lies powers and forces of pretenses supports

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
people being true meaning objective reality life, it can go from considering a whole geographic ground as the source of life in certainties, peaceful being that they are true then free positive moves
they can also mean objective reality life as more clearly a relation to objective living rights certainties when they are more true to mean their negative reactions towards agressions against certainties bases of existance facts
and they could also mean objective reality life by meaning loving positive freedom moves of rights livings through people expressions realities of positive livings, meaning themselves true expressions present creations too

true people are easy to identify because they obviously always mean positive freedom moves means even if they keep their considerations to the bases facts of it to themselves alone

while people that mean gains of lies in being existing really, they love to reach the balance of zero as sense reference of existing freedom, that allow them to have a better perspective on gains possibilities without being included in negative existance, and have always wills to justify what is positive through negative sources and negative through positive sources, their sense of living is only related to themselves gains fruits that a lot succeed to appear positive reality living through

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

I have offically stopped trying to understand... now all i can do is laugh, for i can see now that the joke is on me, this is just too crazy to be taken seriously.

Now what was i saying...? oh right... women are men and men are women... now maybe instead of people bringing up the obvious 'differences', maybe i could get some similarities that we haven't covered yet?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
sorry to disagree, i will always see monstruousities that cant be laughed about even if it is done on me
truth is before anything a base certainty wether it is nothing or positive absolute fact, all these business of creations and pleasures of creators cannot keep going on

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Men and women are different but, more so in ways to accomplish the same goal. I've very rarely seen women believe in fairytale romance past their 20's. I truly believe that is also ingrained since birth to find a "better mate". Once that dreamy eyed vision of the perfect male is over is when women know how the world works.

Your claim that females think with their heart is true but, also not true because they do indeed think with their head a great deal in fact I would categorize women as having the cunning of a lioness whereas most men are straightforward and to the point a woman looks at the entire situation.

I have rarely seen a man pull over anything on a woman. He may think she doesn't know about the woman in the office. She does because she smelled the other woman on you even after you took a shower the first time you cheated. She may pretend or want to believe it is not true but, she knows.

When a man meets another man there is this exchange of unspoken brotherhood whereas they view "A Man's Word Is His Bond". A woman knows that is crazy talk. A female trusts no one unless that person has proven trust. Men pomp and argue when it is found out that another person betrayed them. A woman suspects it already. Even then that person can build back up trust with the male but, for the female if you betrayed she always has her eye on you.

The reason men are so intimidated by women in leadership positions is that nothing gets by (or not much). A man is often more laid back in that position and lets small things slide whereas the female wants a spotless house (so to speak). The only problem is that at times females bring some emotion into the job and try to relieve disputes by delving deeper than what a person in that position should be speaking about.

The reason men do not speak to women a lot of times on issues is because it is simply "some things are better left unsaid." You cannot drag emotion from a male through guilt or persistence, you must be patient and wait on it. It does not necessarily mean there is a problem. If he is being too evasive of you it may be because you are being to persistent on a problem that does not exist or should have time to die down before discussing. Sometimes men just want alone time.

As women and men age I usually see a reversal of roles. When children are first born the female is more attentive to the child. Somewhere after the diapers and feeding with a bottle men bond with their children over fantasy and play whereas mom starts recovering some life before the baby. Women are more loving and devoted in the first years and the men are stand offish and still kicking his heels. As they get older women learn to be much more stand off regarding situations and the men become more loving eventually becoming my parents whose interests and personality merged over time.

There are exceptions though but, the main problems between men and women are misunderstandings over the expected ways of doing things. I think it is wise to stipulate open dialog (with an open mind too!) between the sexes early on in relationships even if it is what the other does not want to hear.

I've seen far too many relationships break up over misunderstandings when the two people really did love one another but, it came out all wrong.

It is true though that expectations of what makes a man or woman does interfere somewhat as well. Why is it expected in SC that I know about football?

The story of the Lion and the Lioness. That is some of my personal view just on observation but, doesn't ring true for all people.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
all differences are details from one truth base of lies creations, so when you know that base you can easily see for each reality how it is living of

the rule base, men are selfish negatively and women are selfish positively

men are selfish negatively means that they can see another conscious as basically existing, that is why their interactions is always reduced to matters interests shares, but of course it is because they see themselves roots clearly as the only base existing fact, and they always mean their conscious abstract fact existing as the only base source of positive reality as the translation of their existance abstraction life

women are selfish positively means that they consider the base being all what is existing, but from what they mean themselves as positive living reality selfishly, so actually they dont care how things happened to exist as long as they can care about their lives as a matter of fact positively existing

this is an absolute rule, now who is not like it is not an exception but is simply a true existing awarenss or conscious that is always first according to what objectively is real positive existing fact

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
correction, men cant see another conscious existing and not can

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Again with all the differences... and stereotypes.

Can anyone comment on 'girly-boys' and 'tom-boys'? I think there is a lot to be learned from such points of view. Typically the upbringing is dominated by either one or the other gender, which i think shows that our differences are sculpted more my nurture then nature.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Next, homework assignment... to review the gender bending gallery and provide a commentary on your first knee jerk reaction(s), then after some reflecting on what was added/altered... what does this say about the 'differences' between the sexes?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by The Blind Eye

i like these photos, it is true how i always love to see sweet men features and also more active self aware independant a bit masculin women moves

from what i intuitively before reasoning it, dont see sweetness as weakness but as intelligence life ways means realities

so as i dont see masculin as strength, but more a beautiful initiative of positive free moves

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The Blind Eye

I disagree that men and women are the same.

Science has proven that the brains of men and women are wired up differently.

Please show me one man who can multi-task, and one woman who cannot?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kawacat

you are judging the bodies not the awareness of it, you are existing as awareness freedom certain wills life drive
the physical condition life is the source of your existence but it is not then you but you are logically of what you do realize by yourself as one

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

Sorry, but I do not understand your reply to me.

So I will restate - I think men and women are different, and I think we are different because we are meant to have different roles.

As our roles are becoming more and more confused, there is more and more unhappiness in the world.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kawacat

this is then an opinion not an objective perspective, it is obvious that misery of the world is from becoming liars because of roles forms as living source

there is no geniun words anywhere, a child an old person an handicap a man or a woman they are all the same when they speak their hearts bravely
as they are the same when they speak the heart of a nation that provided different representations of its life

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawacat
Sorry, but I do not understand your reply to me.

So I will restate - I think men and women are different, and I think we are different because we are meant to have different roles.

As our roles are becoming more and more confused, there is more and more unhappiness in the world.

The only 'unhappiness' you may be picking up on are those who still have traditional expectations. We weren't built/designed to play different roles, the roles you are referring to were born out of necessities for survival which no longer exist for a modern society. ...time to evolve ...which may require more growing pains for some then others.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawacat
Please show me one man who can multi-task, and one woman who cannot?

I just finished watching the first season of RuPaul's Drag Race, and i witnessed 9 multitasking men. They could design and sew their own outfits, do their own makeup and hair (wigs), perform (dance and lipsync). Most of these guys looked absolute beautiful and hot dolled up... which brings me back to a previous conception, that most of what we perceive as differences are merely illusions.

As for women who can't multitask, one doesn't have to look any further than the typical female corporate crusader. Most of which have nanny's and baby sitters taking care of their kids emotional and physical needs, peapod to bring the groceries, most of which are microwaveable frozen meals and laundry/cleaning is done by a once a week maid service... as a result these women become as single-mindedly focused and one dimensional as their male counterparts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join