It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demon Identification Help Required.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

Sorry Mellissa101, I must have missed your post in one of the rush periods or when I was offline but I just found and read it now.

Well as you proberly guessed from the username ... no ... I'm not a Christian

But I appreciate your input all the same ... ever angle should be looked into.

As for the girls and have they seen the film Twighlight ?

Well I seem to remember the trailer for that film being shown fairly recently ... certainly less than a year (am I right) in which case this definately cannot be applied as a possibility to Girl 1 as there has been an element of activity in her home for over a year in fact before she moved back in with her mother after living in London for a while.
And neither is Girl 2 into posters on her bedroom wall kind of girl ... they are both professional and sophisticated girls in there own right ... not attention seeking imature types who might think it would be a bit of a giggle to invent a story.

Woody

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerra

Hey there Zerra, thanks for putting a different idea into the mix ... I am though certain it is not an animal spirit/totem ... I've come across these many times over the years ... in fact one of my own (dead) cats still visits my home and plays with my other (living) cat regularly ... so funny to watch them.
The entity effecting these two homes is much bigger than a cat.

Incidently, the home of Girl 1 does have a cat ... who until recently used to sleep on the girls bed during the day ... now it refuses to go in the room.

However, it's not been written in stone that this is definately a demon ... I personally (taking everything into consideration) am more inclined to believe it is a 'shadow creature'.

And I quite agree ... fear can breed negativity and panic in people who are not used to experiencing the reality of such.

Woody

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

Yes, I'm a sweetgrass and white sage kind of girl myself ... I use them both together and I've never yet found anything better for cleansing.

Woody

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WilliMote

Thank-you ... I shall be seeing both girls and their mothers later today for a final evaluation prior to Wednesday's cleansing session.

It will be the first time the girls have been formally introduced.

Both families are aware that I have been working with another family in the area who is experiencing the same/similar phenomena ... but neither is aware that they live so close to each other ... for reasons of confidentiality.

When I suggested a joint meeting at my house they were all very eager. I think it helps on a psychological level to know that you are not alone ... all parties involved showed an element of relief.

Should be an interesting meet ... and a chance for them to compare notes.

Woody

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by Zerra

Hey there Zerra, thanks for putting a different idea into the mix ... I am though certain it is not an animal spirit/totem ... I've come across these many times over the years ... in fact one of my own (dead) cats still visits my home and plays with my other (living) cat regularly ... so funny to watch them.
The entity effecting these two homes is much bigger than a cat.

Incidently, the home of Girl 1 does have a cat ... who until recently used to sleep on the girls bed during the day ... now it refuses to go in the room.

However, it's not been written in stone that this is definately a demon ... I personally (taking everything into consideration) am more inclined to believe it is a 'shadow creature'.

And I quite agree ... fear can breed negativity and panic in people who are not used to experiencing the reality of such.

Woody

Sometimes when a person has a health issue two symptoms can be mistaken for the same disease while really-it's two different problem at the same time.

Many cases this happens with the paranormal as well. Perhaps the eyes and bed thing are seperate, or smell is seperate than the bed thing. Spirit animals can indeed take many forms. When my fish passed away I saw him as a giant fish swimming towards the light.
My guide is a black panther-large glowing yellow eyes. Cats do not have to be small and the smell may be of a loved one who liked to cook. These are only ideas and although spirit guides can ease off when they discover they are causing fear or that their msg is being taken wrong, if it continues even after cleansing or measures have been taken-could be a sign that they are not from negativity but from light-b.c light can't be cleansed. Again, just some ideas to think on while on your journey gl

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Zerra]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

I tried to upload it into my OP when I started the thread but it was too big to upload ... and unfortunately I am not computer savvy enough to know how to alter it.

Woody

If you download this excellent freeware photo editor it's easy, plug-ins as well, bare bones app is fine but if you find use for it the plu-ins improve app functions considerably.

www.irfanview.com...

Open the image in Irfan and keyboard "Ctrl + R" or Image drop menu and select Resize/Resample.

Then in the dialogue you have various options, from simple scale selects on RHS with best fit to desktop, half size, double etc, or manual sizing on left hand side of dialogue.

Choose a lower resolution, 640 x 480 or 800 x 600 and save it as a JPEG if original is a .bmp, bitmaps can be huge filesizes, you'll see a .jpeg quality options and slide set at average quality but handy for web images to lower or personal images for album saved at highest.

Imageshack imageshack.us... can resize and optimise it all for you with a link you can paste which points to the image and will open full size in seperate page or embed into post.

Irfan and Imageshack both have good info on use above the basics i've mentioned.

Pardon the off topic but it's a handy app for your raw images, most versatile for freeware and Imageshack excellent for posting images and think you'll find them useful as mentioning difficulties, as too others.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by K-Raz

Being a skeptic is not the same as critical thinking. I've seen boxes of paper being knocked off shelves, but I'm not going to leap to the conclusion it was demons or ghosts or aliens without evidence, which the act itself was definitely not, as it could have been anything. Heck, I might have even imagined it, as I'm not arrogant enough to assume what I witness is perfectly accurate.

I'll stick to the sidelines and watch this childish trainwreck of story-telling and confusion roll off down the hill. It'd be funny if you all weren't actual adults acting like kids.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Woodwy could you explain your experience at the house and more detailed descriptions of the pics you got

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Woodwytch, I have a little more information regarding my Zabeth=St Elizabeth protection theory. The black pepper supports this theory as well. Now my theory was some sort of protective spirit fired forth the name of Zabeth but your associate was unable to pick up on the full statement St Elizabeth. THis was a hint on how to combat the demon. After speaking to several people the one victim observing the black pepper smell could have been picking up on something similar. Black Pepper is also used in numerous protection spells.

I think being as the girls are on the same leyline that its allowing the entity to travel easily. One girl is being harassed because some sort of spirit is assisting her in the healing of the other girl. The demon would appear to have reached a stage one possession with one girl, (changes in character, appearance, demeanor and intelligence.) The other girl is being harassed in order to distract you and her from the soloution to the problem. The prayer of St Elizabeth andor black pepper protection. Again the black pepper leans toward the hoodoo side of things.

The more I think about it the more I think you have a problem. Which could become a major problem. I'm not sure if you've dealt with possession before so if you've got any questions I have a great deal of experience on the Catholic side of things.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by woodwytch

Pointing out the fallacy that labouring under the idea that something exists, when it has never, ever been demonstrated to be so, will not yield any knowledge, is not 'naysaying', but being rational. You are not being rational. You are, in fact, being rather childish. You seem to be believing what you want, and ignoring that which you don't.

It's pathetic. This whole thread is pathetic. It's full of opinions being framed as fact, and is only achieving the dumbing-down of ATS.

My name is just a name. It has nothing to do with you being irrational, and completely lacking critical thought.

I'm here because of the 'deny ignorance' mantra of ATS. All that is in here is ignorance. Disgusting, childish, insidious ignorance that seeks nothing but to spread and fester in the minds of those unable, or unwilling, to grasp reality.

You are the troll. You are trotting out all sorts of fairy stories as fact.

So, please keep on playing angels and demons, and see just how much anyone actually learns. It's sad. Delusional adults behaving like children telling ghost stories. Ha!

I understand your perspective. You speak of that which you've never encountered. So your perspective is that of a skeptic. I am quite educated and quite worldly. I'm an agnostic while the rest of family is catholic. I'm in the psychology field. I'm not a blathering idiot.

I've seen sanctioned Catholic excorcisms, before the pentacostal excorcism boom began. I studied the occult for various projects in med school and seen many things which are unexplainable by normal science and are difficult for rational minds to process. I am also a skeptic. Most of my posts on this site have provided medical soloutions to peoples issues. Or a logical scientiffic explaination rather than jumping to a paranormal conclusion. I always look for the rational explanation 1st. Just because the existence of demons hasn't been proven to you doesn't mean others haven't had it proven to them. If I could have taken you to Kenya to the missions to see the excorcisms and the possessed you'd have a different perspective.

You need to accept the possibility that the Occam's Razor approach isn't always right. YOu need to open your mind to the possibility that there is something beyond your understanding. A true critical thinker isn't going to limit his options. If your right in your assumption then nothing happens other than these girls are scared of the dark and have a mild mental illness. If your wrong then they remain tormented. Even in psychology various doctors will encourage an excorcism after extended treatment fails. Why limit your options? Let your reach exceed your grasp.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DeltaPan

Dammit ... I hate computers !!!

Ok, I downloaded the recommended programme ... even managed to resize the photo.

Tried uploading it to ATS and I keep getting the following message;

>>> The file type 'image/bmp'(bmp)is not allowed

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

The existence of demons hasn't been proven to anyone, not just me. If you say otherwise, you'd better have some actual peer-reviewed evidence! I'll be waiting

Of course there is stuff outside of my understanding, but acknowledging that doesn't mean that I have to accept anything people claim.

Experiencing exorcisms doesn't prove a single thing. They are not scientific in nature, and are not held in controlled environments. There are any number of explanations for what's seen in such events.

So please stop apologising for these children in this thread who are perpetuating stories, myth, and conjecture as fact. It's deeply harming ATS, and makes all involved look like madmen living in fantasy lands.

This is not an episode of Supernatural.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Indeed WW.

Open the image again in Irfan and keyboard 'S' or use file drop menu, you'll see several sectioned group options, 6th is the save options, select save as.

Then the save dialogue comes up, there you'll see the save as options, "Save as Type" under the filename input bar, from top you'll see the formats .bmp. .gif, ..emf etc as well as JPG/JPEG's, 9th from top between JP2 and JNG.

Once the JPG is selected as the save format once it'll do so as default for all others until you change the option to say .gif or.png whatever if you ever require them, else you'll get low filesize JPEG's when saving in Irfan as default.

That should get you there.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by DeltaPan]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Actually the Catholic Church has taken a more scientiffic aproach to excorcisms sanctioned by the church. A degreed psychiatrist or psychologist is always present as well as a paramedic or a doctor. They have also been monitored by video and audion for about 20 years. So to say it hasn't been proven to anyone is inaccurate. It sure as hell was proven to me. And it sure has hell been proven to countless priests, nuns and quite a few medical professionals who have documented the events and published papers on the experience. The simple fact is, without seeing an experience 1st hand the common practice is to dismiss it. Which is what you are doing. I'd prefer to keep an open mind. I don't think Woodwytch is mentally ill and I don't feel she is misleading us. Which is why I'm going after the events as if they are factual. She's not charging for her service sooo.... where is the gain?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by paranormalITI

I will continue to try alternative methods of getting the photograph uploaded ... it will be much easier if you can see for yourselves ... rather than me trying to put it into words (which in all honesty would be very difficult).

There was absolutely no external light-source when the image was taken at the top of the stairs of Girl 1's house (last Tuesday evening) ... all electric lights were off ... all bedroom doors were closed.

And yet there is a large piece of 'light' in the bottom left of the picture (which would be in front of one of the closed doors) ... this light looks like a hollow vortex ... with some kind of substance framing it that looks like some kind of strand/hairlike material ... above and too the right of this 'substance' is what looks like a pair of red eyes !

You really need to see it ... it may be nothing ... I'm not claiming it's anything supernatural ... just that without any external light (not even camera flash) ... it is 'unusual' to say the least.

Even so if I can get it on here someone may have a logical explanation for it.

I also have 2 more pictures taken in sequence that show nothing.

Be patient ... if I can get one uploaded ... I can resize the other 2 and put them up for comparrison.

Woody

(edit to add) Just saw DeltaPan's post so I'll go try to make the changes now and get back you all ... hopeully to determine whether the photo shows something ... or maybe nothing.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by woodwytch]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
OK Guys ... drum roll ... if this works I will be overjoyed ... if it doesn't ... back to the drawing board (swearing and cussing under my breath)

>>> Well, after many, many edits ... and dead ends to give you access to the photograph in question ... I decided technology will not beat me ... so with much perseverence and a near mental breakdown ... I have eventually found a rather extended route for you to view the picture.

click the link & open the 'Red Eye' folder ... clicking on the thumbnail will enlarge the picture for a better view ... but then you would likely already know that (bows head in shame).

Was it worth the effort and wait ?

You decide ... I don't know anymore.

media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=67678

Natural / Unnatural

Woody

[edit on 18-1-2010 by woodwytch]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
go to photobucket and save the picture then just provide the link.

Woodwytch, I'd also appreciate your take on the thread "paranormal activity in my home"

[edit on 18-1-2010 by DrJay1975]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

No joy with photobucket either ... but I have managed to get a working link in my previous post ... give it a try ... see what you think

Woody

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

My money is the demon is called "overactive imagination".

What creates the imagination? Where does it come from? What triggers it and guides it? I don't know of any mechanism that would allow a non-corporeal personality to exist, but then, nobody really knows how magnetism works, either, and we use it every day.

There's a point where physics and philosophy merge. Maybe these demons come from there. And perhaps the best way to deal with them is to use the same techniques that have been used for thousands of years. Couldn't hurt.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The existence of demons hasn't been proven to anyone, not just me. ... If you say otherwise, you'd better have some actual peer-reviewed evidence! I'll be waiting

Now, you're not implying that nothing exists unless it is verified by peer-reviewed studies, are you? Just because no one has been able to come up with a paradigm that allows the existence of body-less (as far as we can measure) personality constructs doesn't mean they don't exist. You can't prove negatives like that.

Unfortunately, most of what we have at the moment is eyewitness evidence, which is admittedly not the greatest when trying to apply a good old Newtonian mechanical proof to it. But we all agree that dreams exist, don't we? And all we really have for proof of those is eyewitness accounts. Right? The only difference is that we all have experienced dreams, while maybe only a few of us have experienced this other stuff.

We also don't have a good, modern vocabulary for it, either, so we have to rely on words like "demons" or "spirits," when we're talking about consciousness without physical structure (EM or some other kind of field structure, maybe?). So it seems silly.

Well, silly or not, it's certainly worth exploring. If it ultimately turns out to be nothing, then maybe we'll find out something a little more tangible in the process that can be of "use." Or not.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by 2000 Yards]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join