It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "Great Clock" may regulate time within our universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So I've been playing this PS3 game called "Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in time". It may be just a game but it puts forth this intriguing concept that time flow throughout the universe is regulated by a "Great Clock". It's a giant mechanism within the center of the universe that can repair time anomalies, monitor and stabilize time flow, and bend the stream of it where needed. Without it, the game;s universe would collapse onto itself. It was created by a very old and highly advanced civilization that briefly revealed themselves at the end of the last game in the series.

If you really think about it, time is not intangible. It can however be very unstable if misused. It's not imaginable that an advanced race could have the foresight and knowledge to create a mechanism that regulates the flow of it within our very universe. Our society is already dabbling into the mechanics of quantum physics. Imagine the discoveries that we will break in another century - perhaps one being the concept of time as a living, tangible force.

They say sci fi movies and books will one day become reality. I think the same should also hold true for video games. The directors and producers behind them are every bit ingenious and talented as other mediums. It's now 2010 and I think we're all starting to see that none of these concepts are really that far fetched any more.

new topics

join