It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Mikey Hicks, 8: U.S. has him on watch list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Meet Mikey Hicks, 8: U.S. has him on watch list

www.msnbc.msn.com

The Transportation Security Administration, under scrutiny after last month’s bombing attempt, has on its Web site a "mythbuster" that tries to reassure the public.

Myth: The No-Fly list includes an 8-year-old boy.

Buster: No 8-year-old is on a T.S.A. watch list.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
An eight year old boy may get frisked every time he wants to board a plane. Incredibly, the airport security even made problems when he was just a little baby - because the "computer says" he's on the list.

I won't comment on the "list" itself. But the madness shown by people who actually cause situations because a boy's name happens to be on the list is worth a mention.

More often people put aside their own rationality, logic or brain as a whole and function as an extension of their computer - which said "ACCESS DENIED" to an eight year old boy.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Aggressive' questioning
Mario Labbé, a frequent-flying Canadian record-company executive, started having problems at airports shortly after Sept. 11, 2001, with lengthy delays at checkpoints and mysterious questions about Japan. By 2005, he stopped flying to the United States from Canada, instead meeting American clients in France. Then a forced rerouting to Miami in 2008 led to six hours of questions.

"What’s the name of your mother? Your father? When were you last in Japan?" Mr. Labbé recalled being asked. "Always the same questions in different order. And sometimes, it’s quite aggressive, not funny at all."

Fed up, in the summer of 2008, he changed his name to François Mario Labbé. The problem vanished.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Unbelievable an underwear bomber with ties to Mossad is able to get on a plane with a crotch bomb that is almost able to blow up the upholstery in his individual seat but not an 8yr old kid.

Sometimes I think the TSA must be on drugs
oh wait...
www.cbsnews.com...

Just kidding but seriously who the hell frisks an 8yr old?
They must think they are god or something
oh wait..

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
don't trust that kid, something about the eyes

*joking*

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is what you get when the airport screeners are making minimum wage. People hired in positions with this level of responsibility and power should have to meet some level of competence. Before 9-11, half the screeners could barely speak English, and probably half of them were illegals.

Instead of hiring new people with better qualifications, all the GW admin did was make everything far more restrictive on passengers, and essentially take away the rights of passengers.

The whole airline system need to be restructured into something that can actually work. The Christmas bomber demonstrates that the current system clearly does not work.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Before 9-11, half the screeners could barely speak English, and probably half of them were illegals.

Now none of them can speak English. Seriously, go to JFK or LaGuardia and 90% of the screeners speak no English beyond "present your boarding pass", "take off your shoes/belt/jacket", etc and half of them have names like Mohammad or Abdul ... the irony is not lost on me.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by ChrisF231]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yeah I saw this on yahoo news this morning...

It says they frisked him when he was 2 years old (which made him CRY), and that makes me physically sick. Just because he had the same name as some guy on the watch list? Isn't that what we have fricking Social Security numbers for???

This story really ticks me off. Way to go TSA.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by CaptainIraq]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Someone changed there name, and it worked to get it to stop.

They pat down TWO year old terror suspects, but you can get off the list by adding a name to your name in another country.

Idiots.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You just can't trust those boy scouts with there specialzed training and tactics they employ. They all carry knifes with saws built into them even bottle openers for God sacks.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainIraq
It says they frisked him when he was 2 years old (which made him CRY), and that makes me physically sick.

Some of those people seem to function like emotionless pre-programmed machines:

The first time he was patted down, at Newark Liberty International Airport, Mikey was 2. He cried.

I was trying to find a good reason to frisk a 2 year old. I guess the first thought was something like "A cute kid is on the list? Hah! A perfect terrorist! He's goin dooown and I is gonna get me bonu$ dis year !!!".
But as I don't believe people can get that low, so I must be missing something here.

Also, to add to the sweet irony:

Mrs. Hicks, a photojournalist who herself got Secret Service clearance to travel aboard Air Force II with then-Vice President Al Gore, anticipated additional chaos following the attempted underwear bombing. Before leaving for the Bahamas on Jan. 2, she reached out to Congressman Pascrell’s office, which then enlisted a T.S.A.

I was thinking they must be in great fear of getting fired for not following procedures - due to desperate financial situation. But then again, they wouldn't be on drugs so much according to video embedded by ModernAcademia.

Seems like they just simply didn't care, or find bullying two year old kids entertaining.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Nobody is above suspicion, not no one, not ever.

Few care until it affects them, and despite numerous stories like this, nothing will change and people will continue to write it off in the name of "safety".

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think this is the little brat that was kicking my seat when I was flying from Chicago to home.

Keep a close eye on him!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SassyCat

I was thinking they must be in great fear of getting fired for not following procedures - due to desperate financial situation.

I would say its mostly that, I mean most people in such positions tend to follow the rules black and white with nil leeway... it shows either the climate we now live in where fear holds complete sway or it shows the type of people we are making, where common sense is overridden by absolute adherence to the letter of the law... regardless of just how stupid the law is within a situation really is.

Ive seen happen a hundred times before, im sure it'll still be happening for hundreds of times to come. Just hope you've got a lateral (grey) thinker the next time it happens to you

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29d67e0fb9fb.jpg[/atsimg]

Which one is his bomb making merit badge?

I bet the TSA thinks he got all those trophies for each of his successful suicide bombings.

TSA = no common sense allowed!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
"I am God. I am in charge"

- TSA agent after work.

Speaks volumes, doesn't it.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Geez what did he do? lol I mean he's 8, and I look more suspisious than he is.

new topics

top topics

join