It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happend to the religions of Old

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The faith, as it used to be understood. Before the present day church waged war on the teachings of the goddess and the god. The marvelous mother and cosmic father. The eye of spirit through the flesh I see. The communion with god through nature and all forms of life.

It is the one, divine, cosmic, will of the universe. We are, as I am.

I morn through thy mother, and all is revealed through thy father. With the guidance of both, I walk my solemn path weaving the silent song through my unlimited sun core. No longer a star Am I, for I Am transforming into the galaxies, weaving my song throughout the cosmo's.

Discuss.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Im so modern, i didnt even understand that?

But, i think i can throw this comment in any religouse thread?:

Theres always corruptnes in religion, always one to corrput another - to push there own beliefs, and corrupt another.

Thats why i have my own beliefs

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I'm talking about Celtic Christianity.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkCyrus

There has been quite a clash between Celtic Christianity and Romish Christianity..

That was one of my first conspiracies when I fouind out the Catholic church had lied to me in School about the Christian heritiage of these Isles.

Since then I've always questioned why they have gone to such lengths to make sure Celtic Christianity ceased to exist.

I suspect the usual suspects, money and power.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
interesting! I thought that everyone practised Roman Christianity up until Martin Luther. I will definitely be reading up on this

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
your talking about your imagination; even when ankh-en-aten had a profound self expression for "god" in all the temples that were present; the image you have of "god"/religion now was not the scientific temples of the past.as in prior to your modern creation of a person to represent someones epiphany the legion was a society that viewed their various temples as functioning organs within that society that had a very advanced scientific thought behind what you wrap into a large group as "god"/religion/spirituality.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The "church" essentially commited matricide. In their hatred of the female
(peter and paul) they made them into either sterile, sexless women or whores. Mary the Mother and Mary the Magdalene.

Patrician laws made women property in most cases. The church continued this so that priests couldnt marry and have church land go to women.

"Pagan christanity" uplifted the female. Women are seen as extensions of the Goddess. Women are important to the welfare of the home and community.

The Nazarene must shake his head at what was done in his name.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Women are whores and so the mother goddess shall be plundered and raped.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
never before your modern view of religion were women viewed in the reverence you see them; as goddess.even if a "lady" had that title then your imagination made up the rest..

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
its because its easier to control people through one religion than different ones in every other city

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
What happened to the old gods & goddesses ?

The answer is very simple and mundane ... we outgrew our need, dependence and beliefs in them when we gradually realized that there was no reason to keep them 'alive' in our rapidly increasing world-view.

But then unfortunately, mankind suffered a reversion and slipped back into it's old patterns and needs and went right ahead and created a whole new bunch of gods (religions) to worship.

Makes me wonder if we really have progressed all that much intellectually over the millenia

new topics

top topics

join