It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama staffer wants 'cognitive infiltration' of 9/11 conspiracy groups

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Telling the difference between a shill and a fool is a distinction without a difference in result..

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chastral
Your never going to beat the system, your just going to cause problems. So convert yourself.

I do not care if i "beat them".

My existance only has 1 purpose, to give them hell.

I hope that I can cause them plenty of problems.

Conversion is not an option.

This is about wasting their time and resources in order to cripple them.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hey thread! I just wanted to introduce myself...My name is Sass Cunstein and I live in Columbia, Washington. I'm relatively new to "abovetopsecret.com." I think we should talk more about 9/11 conspiracies...would that be ok? I am VERY interested to read everyones thoughts...um, I mean posts. The government isn't watching us, I hope. So, let's just say what's on our minds at all times in regards to cover-ups and conspiracies. I like conspiracies and can't wait to hear yours. If they're really good, maybe I can send some friends to your house to hang out. Is your favorite color red or blue?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SeditiousDissent

And what agency do your work for?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

The saddest type of ATS members are the ones who unwittingly perform the role of a shill with out even being a shill. They simply do it of their own accord. That's pretty darn sad.

There are days here on ATS I think some people think the Deny Ignorance Motto means deny your own at any and all costs!

The disinformation agents excel at using emotional manipulation and peer pressure in their arguments to target the weakest links and enlist them to their cause.

Beware the person who frames their arguments in the language of emotion.

Thanks for posting friend.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

How great! Someone that actually cares about my thoughts! I suppose I best divulge everything that is in my head.

I love my country, and more over it's leaders. I love the leaders more than the country because they love me more than my country. It's obvious they love me when they want to provide me free healthcare. It's also obvious when they go across the pond to fight the terrorists that threaten my security out here in the middle of nowhere.

Thank God for the USA. The only conspiracy is the people who think there's a conspiracy.

/sarcasm

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ummm...I am a former Yale professor and I work for the post office now...yeah, the post office, that's the ticket. I definitely would NEVER work with or under the executive or legislative braches of the federal government...NEVER EVER EVER!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I dont fear any infiltration on the Boards. People here on ATS are on

their game, we can handle Dis-info types.

My fears are if they can "force" the Admin's to silence or Ban

members who hit to close to the "mark"

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

thanks, and no problem.

I posted a thread for that video here.

the informed hippie of today is dangerous, just look how fearful he looks with his glossed eyes, and informed mind. the current administration must be shaking in their shoes!

link   
This mans intentions seem rather suspect to me but ultimately he hasn't said anything that doesn't already happen. I mean all one has to do is look at the sheer number of absolutely rediculous theories on 9/11 to known that whoever is postulated them is either unable to think critically or is purposefully diluting the argument for those who question it based on the OS' own inconsitencies and contradictions.

But ultimately I feel his idea won't matter much when the net neutrality bill passes. That is the door that, once opened, can lead to a variety of screws being tightened until sites like ATS- with all the good bad and rediculous to be found here- are no more.

I also don't think it matters one iota that this man isn't universally liked. If hes a favourite of lobbyists and corporations then the everyone who doesn't like him will be brought on board by the power of money or cushy high level jobs after politics. If hes wanted he'll get in no question about it.

The greatest illusion abound today is that we actually affect change. We are on the conspiracy carousel enjoying the ride and making friends but at the end of the day we will avail nothing.

Cheers

link   

I was joking but...You knew that. Right?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I dont fear any infiltration on the Boards. People here on ATS are on

their game, we can handle Dis-info types.

My fears are if they can "force" the Admin's to silence or Ban

members who hit to close to the "mark"

If you aren't living on the edge friend you are taking up too much space.

Que James Bond theme music!

Car chases, beautiful double agents, assassins at every turn, never two nights in the same place, constantly hunted, always on the edge, yeah baby that's what I am talking about!

The government that shagged me!

I love this planet I am so glad I turned down that offer to herd giant talking turtles on Centari Prime!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I love this.
And how it's posted on here.

I think Mr Sunstein was it? should come and have a chat on here with us, personally. I think it'd be hilarious.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Originally posted by DGFenrir
IMO they are really after the people who spread BS as truth. The kind of BS that gets debunked on ATS but not on other similar websites. There are a lot of sites on the internet where no facts are ever checked to ensure a theory's credibility.

I think it more than that. Why would the government be concerned with some nonsense posted on the internet that can easily be debunked? It seems to me that it is more likely that they want to make sure people don't dig too deep and actually uncover the truth.

It's not the nonsence that they might be concerned with but the people who believe it. These people are easy to control and they could be pushed to take action against a made up enemy. If these people are a majority of us then "Conspiracy Theorist" might be labelled a "Conspiracy Terrorist" in the future.
The more nonsense is posted on the internet the more excuses TPTB have to take actions against it.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Interesting paper Cass wrote...seriously.

For any conspiracy theorists....you should read the whole thing, not just the excerpts.

It is basically a summary of the trade-offs/cost-benefit of any given governmental response to Conspiracy Theorey...at what threshold does the theorey become common opinion in the populace, what the implications are etc.

I know I will be flamed for saying it...but he doesn't outright advocate "infiltration"...ie...anonymous posters that are actually government agents...he does in fact discuss how that plan could backfire.
He discusses the risk/return...cost/benefit to every strategy of addressing conspiracy theories.

He also says that recruiting independant opinions to debunk conspiracy theorey would mean loss of "control"...the tradeoff...you can recruit someone independant to give an opinion, but that opinion might not be the governments.

It's funny because he goes as far to say having gov. agents pose as posters on conspiracy forums...if exposed...would cause theorists to further discount objective input from genuine posters/accuse them of being disinfo agents .

In the end I think the paper lacked any moral structure...otherwise he spoke of everything from censorship to "infiltration" as a risk/return analysis, while not ever discussing whether any of those tactics were acceptable or moral in a free society.

Interesting all the same....FULL PAPER HERE

papers.ssrn.com...

[edit on 14-1-2010 by maybereal11]

[edit on 14-1-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It would be funny to see the proverbial throthing at the mouth, angry posts thrown at him with a sprinkling of intelligent debate. Then he could cherry pick the craziest replies and write a new book on why the internet and sites like ATS are such a looming problem for democracy and progress

This how it goes. You could have the most thoughtful discussion but at the end of the day it won't matter. At one time or another on this site, someone will pick and choose the evidence they want to present to fit their preconcieved notions and he would do the same.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

You are playing into their fear games. That's what 9-11 and the War on Terror is all about, making people just generally afraid.

Afraid and looking to the government for protection or afraid of the government.

Fear robs people of rational thought.

Fears are almost always imagined too.

That's what makes reacting to fears and living based on those fears by making plans to make those fears seem real so dangerous.

America is/was ought to be the Home of the Free and the Brave.

At the moment we begin fearing out government in mass, well it's time to get a new one.

End of story there!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
THis has already been used with twitter, facebook and youtube (on iran)

So be prepared : think by yourself ( or die)

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Thanks for the link to the full paper I'll give it a read right now. Kudos for the info!

Cheers

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

I absolutely knew that...I just wanted to kick at the dead horse a bit more. For anyone who may think that I am a disinfo agent because I chose the "red herring" route by being overtly obvoius as to throw off any suspicion, I assure you (not that my assurance holds any water on a conspiracy board HA) that I am a normal truther (if that's even possible).

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join