It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment In Self Discovery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Inflection With the Intention of Reflection

There's this idea I think I remember hearing about in more than one place actually, when I actually think about it.

The self interview.

Has anyone ever experimented with this kind of thing?

I think I will try to do it a couple times, using a couple faces. See what transpires.

Thoughts, anyone?

This is how my self interview would begin, I get jittery during new beginnings so my tendency is to get the silliness out of the way first:

Q: Who are you?
A: Who are you?

Q: That, doesn't really answer my question.
A: That's, not really asking me a new question.

Q: Are you going to answer all my questions with questions?
A: Would there be a point in doing the interview if I answered that question now?

anyways...I will try to develop more t&t for this little song and dance.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I've often had conversations with my sub-conscious via a form of guided imagery/hypnosis but I've never done it quite the way you suggested.

If you are interested in self-discovery and reflections, here's a neat thing that I've discovered that works for me... Let me know if it works for you.

Stand fairly close to a mirror and have a staring contest with your reflection. Look either directly into the eyes or at the bridge of the nose, and then relax your eyes and focus past your image, but don't change where you are looking. Only change the focus.

Soon your image goes out of focus, but in the blur, sometimes a new face appears! Then you can refocus your eyes back to the eyes or bridge of the nose and use your pheripheral vision to study this new face and body.

For me, if I move my eyes at all the new face goes away, so you can't get a really good look at it but I do see quite a fair bit of detail.

What's cool, is I've had some very extreme changes in the mirror, some of which even changed body type, hair color, hair length, skin color and even gender!

Maybe this is a way to see the faces you wore in past lives?

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildcat117
I've often had conversations with my sub-conscious via a form of guided imagery/hypnosis but I've never done it quite the way you suggested.

If you are interested in self-discovery and reflections, here's a neat thing that I've discovered that works for me... Let me know if it works for you.

Stand fairly close to a mirror and have a staring contest with your reflection. Look either directly into the eyes or at the bridge of the nose, and then relax your eyes and focus past your image, but don't change where you are looking. Only change the focus.

Soon your image goes out of focus, but in the blur, sometimes a new face appears! Then you can refocus your eyes back to the eyes or bridge of the nose and use your pheripheral vision to study this new face and body.

For me, if I move my eyes at all the new face goes away, so you can't get a really good look at it but I do see quite a fair bit of detail.

What's cool, is I've had some very extreme changes in the mirror, some of which even changed body type, hair color, hair length, skin color and even gender!

Maybe this is a way to see the faces you wore in past lives?

That is interesting to ponder no matter! Faces you wear, wore, faces yet to wear?! I was having a difficult time with mirrors for a couple of weeks, a couple of weeks ago, but am now finally able to re-appreciate the value of a "positive" reflection! I will have to try out these things you mention! Hard to imagine being able to do them with the childish giggling tho!

join